main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    We haven't seen all of what Cyborg looks like BTS. Besides, Marvel's done well giving us an Iron Man who doesn't need a full suit.

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I believe that image of Cyborg above is very close to the final product. I mean, it's not the motion capture suit that RDJ and Cheadle are wearing. I hope the final rendering of the Cyborg is much better, as the CGI stands out in the pic.

I also believe the image above is an actual screenshot from the film, rather than a photo shoot promo pic. I'm thinking that's Bat's new "Nightcrawler" vehicle. The smoke from the opening of the cargo bay door is a bit cliche.

I wish Aquaman's armor was clearly visible.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
  4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

...yes, I just said so.

Diggy likes this.
  5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That picture definitely looks more like a film still than a promo shot. The foreground makes me think that. And also Gadot does not seem very invested in that picture. Like, at all. :p

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Still not feeling any emotion with this film. It's the reactions on the actors' faces mostly and the stupid smoke as the jet or whatever it is opens. Just doesn't give me the same feeling as this:

[​IMG]

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I don't have any real excitement or emotional attached for Justice League, because the previously films in the DCEU really didn't build up to it. I mean, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice was so dour. Moreover, the death of Superman didn't have any real emotional response. I don't recall reading fan emotion reactions to Superman's death but rather reactions to the "Martha" thing. The death of Superman should have had a bigger shock waves and reaction than the death Glenn of The Walking Dead. The death of Superman in BvS pretty much fell on deaf ears.

That being said, I'm cautiously and hopefully optimistic about Justice League. I don't have high expectations because I feel it might be another BvS in that the film will be dense. Meaning, they'll try and cram several story lines into the film, such as a Flash origin story, Cyborg origin story, the return of Superman, Aquaman origin story: a fish tale, multiple villains, convoluted subplots and leading up to an unsatisfying ending.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You should put that on a resume and send it to WB.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I wish I would have done it last year shortly after the release of Batman v. Superman. Some of the harshest critics of the film were invited by WB to take a free trip to London and visit the set of Justice League and try and turn the tide in favor of the future outlook of the DCEU.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    And we already saw the trinity fighting together.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Leaving aside the whole "Martha" thing, it wouldn't matter. Killing Superman in a film won't evoke the same kind of reaction that the comics did, no matter who made the films. Glenn got more of a reaction because of how brutal it was on television and that not a lot of people read the comics, so they didn't know that he died and died like that. It was a graphic death on cable television. That's what got responses more than anything else.

You want the same response, have Batman bash him in the head with a Kryptonite baseball bat.

laurethiel1138 and heels1785 like this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    it was pointless to kill Superman in the movie when people all know he's going to come back.

I just wish movies could RESPECT DEATH unlike in the comics, when a character is dead, don't bring them back.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't know if it's pointless. He could come back as not a joyless bastard.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The point is that this is how you justify creating a team to fill the void in his absence and then watch as a resurrected, mind controlled Superman just tears through them like tissue paper in front of a truck.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

The only problem with this is that... that's what the Suicide Squad was explicitly created to do. So when they don't show up if Superman's "bad" for any length of time -- and we know they're in the same universe (thanks, DC!) -- it'll be a bit odd.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, the SS experiment didn't exactly go off without a hitch. I don't think it would be weird. I also don't think Superman's going to be "bad" when he returns.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

No, but it was clearly still in play at the end -- as evidenced by Harley being back in the same cell (well, before y'know...)... and I am agnostic about Superman coming back bad, just they're going to have to cover SS if he does...

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    There are tons of ways to create a void, disrespect death is the worst one.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Right. Bruce told Waller to shut Task Force X down, or his friends will. That's why they won't be in JL.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Like Amanda Waller listens to Bruce Wayne? Really? :p

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, there's no spy reports of Waller or her people being in JL. :p

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  24. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Not a big DC fan but I do enjoy all things green lantern(not the last movie) and Batman, and the smallville tv show from a thew years back was good as well.

So I'm definitely looking forward to this new Green lantern movie, I think I'd like to see Tyrese Gibson for Jon Stewart and Channing Tatum for Hal Jordan. I feel like they could play well together.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [face_laugh]

However, I would think it would have been Harley Quinn that would bash Superman in the head with a Kryptonite baseball bat or better yet, oversized mallet. I still don't think anyone would have really cared about Superman. In face, the audience may have applauded if Harley Quinn actually did it.

I do disagree that in the proper hands and two films to work with, the death of Superman would have evoked a very emotional reaction. I mean, if Christopher Reeve's Superman was killed off in Superman II, it would have upset people within that world and audience alike. One of the best moments in Superman II occurs when the citizens of Metropolis think that Superman is dead and rally up against Zod and crew.

As far as the Green Lantern Corp, film:

[​IMG]

If they do go with the a Lethal Weapon inspired script, I would think John Stewart would be the older and more rigid of the two. However, I seen a YouTube video that think the opposite, where Hal would be the older statesman and Stewart is the younger GL, which reminds me of MIB.

I don't want Ryan Reynold's to come back as Hal because I don't want the DCEU to tie itself to that film. I think they should start from scratch with Green Lantern, suit and all.

I think Armie Hammer (rumored awhile back) would make a great Hal Jordan. And hopefully Idris Alba will be able to break away from the MCU and be John Stewart.

We'll see how "aggressively" WB moves forward with this project.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.