main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Well it is bad based on the reception and the expectation. It was a bad idea to make BVS when there was only one previous installment.

Even its producer had admitted to change direction, obviously the current route is troublesome.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, Justice League appears to be the end of Phase I of the DCEU as DC/WB have pretty much scrapped the slate of films announced a few years ago.

I think James Wan's Aquaman will be the start of Phase II where the DCEU changes its tone and story telling; meaning, it will be told where their heroes shine and provide hope rather than a sense of fear and skepticism.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That reminds me of the first image of Aquaman that Zach Snyder tweeted out with the caption "Unite the Seven."
    [​IMG]

I suppose it's still debatable the meaning of that caption, considering at the time many thought it was in reference to the number of the members of the Justice League, while other thought it was in reference to the seven seas. At this point, it's clear there are not seven members of the Justice League as Superman is dead in the DCEU and there has not been any casting announcement of any other JL member, Green Lantern or otherwise. It's going to be interesting if they'll be able to incorporate a Green Lantern in the JL film, with the hint by DC/WB that the next Green Lantern film is Green Lantern Corp the will feature a team up of Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

It was announced a couple of days ago that Warner Bros. Expected To Debut New DC Films Footage At WonderCon

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    that armor looks heavy. i'm imagining aquaman, not swimming, but running very slowly along the bottom of the ocean.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    What started? We only see the military be afraid of Clark. Bruce becomes upset, but then Bruce is a mistrustful of everyone. It only starts after Nairobi.

The evidence being all the burnt bodies that look like heat vision was used on them and false eyewitness testimony stating that he went on a rampage.

Not at all.

Except we saw that he has limits.

What, he suddenly becomes invulnerable to the things that's vulnerable because he wants to kill? That doesn't make sense.

Because faith can be shaken and lost, but it can be regained. The people doubted Superman because they couldn't believe that people would lie about Superman's actions in Nairobi. But not everyone lost faith.

And then Bruce realized he was tricked and put his faith in Clark to stop Lex and Doomsday.

You're missing the point, as per usual. The point is that the League exists to not only defend the world, but defend against each other.

Who's laughing? What's more is why does it bother you that I defend this movie? That I like it. Do you have some personal stake in my not liking it.

But it's not all right for me to do the same thing? Hypocritical much?

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's why Aquaman has a seahorse.

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious and tom like this.
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Good lord...!!!!!!!! [face_hypnotized] I just love Batfleck!!

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Sinister, slowpoke...

Can you please just bore each other with the circular arguments via PM?

I'm not sure if it's genuinely asperger's on both parties behalf, but you seem to miss the mood of the thread when you two start arguing the same stuff over and over again.

Nobody cares. People want you to stop. It's boring, awkward, annoying, overbearing, and insipid.

Stop it. No. Don't respond with idiot gifs. Just go to PM and out spectrum each other there.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    *dies with excitement*

PymParticles likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm expecting a Wonder Woman and Cyborg poster and trailer teasers to drop today.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Murderbats notwithstanding, I kinda like that design choice.

16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    The teaser for Wonder Woman is up there as well. We have Cyborg on the way, obviously, but I hope we see Superman, too. They're playing coy with him in the marketing, as if we don't all know he's going to be resurrected by the one-hour mark at the latest. Maybe he has some drastically different look they want to reveal at the right time? I'm trying to stay as optimistic as I can about this movie. I would be ecstatic if I ended up loving it, and I hope tomorrow's trailer gets my excitement from the relatively mild place it's at now to where I'd prefer it to be.

[​IMG]

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Wonder Woman teaser

18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope we don't Superman AT ALL until the film. Give him the same treatment they gave Luke in TFA.

19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I think someone (Snyder, Affleck, or Cavill, I really can't remember) have already spoken about what the dynamic between Superman and Batman will be like, so they'll have some screen time with each other. On top of that, I kind of see this as a DC Universe trilogy (MoS - BvS - JL) principally centered around Superman, so I think just to wrap up his arc as it currently stands, he'll need to have some decent screen time.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Of course. I was talking about the marketing, not the actual character portrayal in the film. That's what I meant by the "Luke treatment."

PymParticles likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I really don't want to see Superman in the trailer or the villain or the rumored Green Lantern. I mean, when the Batman v. Superman trailer showed Wonder Woman and Doomsday, I was bummed and disappointed those characters were revealed as they were big spoilers. I would have been a wonderful surprised if that wasn't shown. However, it seems like DC/WB has learned their lesson has it doesn't appear that the Wonder Woman movie trailers hasn't revealed the villain or plot spoilers. (I haven't seen the latest Wonder Woman trailer)

22. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

William Huston does appear in the latest Wonder World trailer, but the main villain hasn't appeared in it, from what I can tell.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

It's a film to film thing, moreso than a studio problem. For example, the latest GotG 2 trailer had a ridiculous, pointless reveal at the end that was heavily questioned. Marvel hasn't done that for all of their films, though. Doomsday being revealed was the same way.

I don't mind if we hear from Superman in a voiceover, but I'd rather not see any changes to the character, if that is indeed the route they're going.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I tried to avoid the latest GotG Vol.2 trailer to avoid spoilers, but I couldn't resist seeing it when it was attached to Kong Skull Island. I didn't think the reveal at the end of the trailer was spoileriffic in the sense it was well known within the online/nerd community that actor was cast and the role of that actor. I was happy it the reveal wasn't an alternative version or form of the character. Moreover, I don't believe it's a 3rd act reveal.

Cyborg teaser

I'm sure the Justice League that will be released tomorrow will include all these character teasers.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So, have any of these shown super hero action during daylight?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.