main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It is. You? Not so much.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So you admit your signature indicates you have no taste whatsoever?

Thank you, your honesty in this matter is appreciated.

4. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I assumed your post was sarcastic. But I'm not going to engage in this type of argument.

My point was - taste is subjective. We all like what we like. That doesn't make the film inherently good or bad. Why do people have to relentlessly bash things they don't like with ridiculous claims?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Iron Man 2's Hulk footage was a background Easter egg that most people either missed or couldn't identify on the first viewing- it was just a small nod. Likewise, there's literally 3 lines of dialogue with Fury about the Avengers- one of which is a Stark quip that 90% of people missed the first time also due to the delivery/mix. And the other two directly relate to Tony's character arc in the film about going solo vs working with help.

Compare that to the JL PowerPoint, with its awkward Aqua Man-stares-at-the-camera-for-way-too-long-type moments and there's no equivalence there. It didn't have anything to do with the movie other than be a brief commercial going "we interrupt your movie for this announcement: hey kids! Justice league is coming soon! Sooner than you'd think!".

If it was a stinger I might not be so critical of it but as part of the movie it was blatantly out of place.

Both films were criticized for being setup for a team film- the only difference is IM2's criticism was a relic of its pre-cinematic universe craze release that evaporates easily upon any reflection whereas BVS's example remains the standing result of a rushed post-cinematic craze plan.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    So, the latest rumors to make the rounds the past couple of days is that Robert Zemeckis, Sam Raimi and Matthew Vaughn were on the short list of directors to helm The Flash film. Yesterday, Collider reported that Sam Raimi and Marc Webb passed on directing The Flash film, leaving Zemeckis as the front runner. I hope Zemeckis gets The Flash over Vaughn and Vaughn ends up with the sequel to Man of Steel.

I think Zemecki would be a great choice to helm a Flash flick as his films are light, fun and upbeat; something the first three DCEU films have been lacking.

There has been screening of Wonder Woman, and people that know the people that attended the screenings have positive reactions about the film. So much so, some think that WB will lift the review embargo for Wonder Woman early to help promote the film. As I said before, I have high hopes for Wonder Woman because of Patty Jenkins approach and influence on directing the film was inspired by Dick Donner's Superman.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a Paul Verhoven directed The Flash film. It would be insane. Probably not in a good way.

soitscometothis likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I had no idea who Paul Verhoven, so I looked him up on IMDB. Redirected quite a few films that I liked, such as RoboCop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers. He probably would have a weird take on the Flash, but might have been better than Batman v. Superman.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    CW's Black Lightning trailer

Zeta1127 and draw73 like this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    James Wan has shared a photo from Amber Heard's first day as Mera on the set of AQUAMAN!

[​IMG]

I hope the bright color of Mera's costume isn't washed out/muted in post production. I love how it looks and Amber Heard looks great as Mera. Aquaman and Mera might be the hottest cinematic comic book couple as they're being played by Jason Momoa and Amber Heard respectively.

11. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed, the washed out/muted color scheme is really not helping DC, and amounts to being different from Marvel simply for the sake of being different.

Also, Black Lightning looks great, though it will unfortunately not be a part of the Arrowverse.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Which is weird, since that trailer seems to have the same exact tone as those shows do.

In other news, Doug Liman has dropped out of Justice League Dark and the search is on for a replacement director.

Have any of the post-JL DCEU films originally announced actually kept a director?

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... yet.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  14. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    wonder woman movie is sounding good hopefully the reviews are right

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

James Wan. However, there was a point where he was rumored to have left Aquaman, where Wan went to Twitter to debunk those rumors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Aquaman.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    On that front, Aquaman is now confirmed to take place post-Justice League and will reference events from that film, rather than being a prequel.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    JUSTICE LEAGUE promotional images revealed on new popcorn tubs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No Green Lantern.

ShaneP likes this.
  20. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I still believe that the seventh member of the League is actually Lois. She's supposed to be "the key", after all...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's the first time we've seen Cavil as Supes for this flick, isn't it?

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  23. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  24. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I wonder if Wonder Woman will become like Wolverine and Iron Man... and end up showing up (even if for cameos) in a bunch of the upcoming DCEU films.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012