main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone worried JL will get delayed??

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It's not odd - the reshoots were planned when Snyder was still attached. This is the manifestation of that.

I am doubtful that the film will be delayed.

B99 likes this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It won't get delayed, it would already have been announced.

And no, I wouldn't be worried, anymore than I was by VII and VIII getting delayed.

B99 likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not at all worried about Justice League being delayed. And if it were to be delayed, I feel it might be for the best. I mean, Suicide Squad was rushed into the theater and it showed. I rather WB take it's time to get the Justice League film right and maintain the good will and excitement Wonder Woman earned with the movie going audience. Therefore, I would expect Wonder Woman to be heavily featured in upcoming promo materials for Justice League.

laurethiel1138 and heels1785 like this.
  5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I was banned from the superherohype forums for saying that I believed Whedon was probably going to direct a substantial reshoot, now look.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Adam West has left us..

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

Adam West played my first live action version of Batman. I was probably around 5 or 6 years old when I watch my first Batman 66 episode, and even at that age I knew it was campy. However, I had fun with the show, as I found it to be somewhat of an extension of Electric Company's Spider-Man.

I always found Adam West embracing his time as Batman. I don't recall a time when he seemed bitter about it.

It was great to see in recent years the resurgence and appreciation for Adam West and Batman 66.

R.I.P. Adam West.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wasn't there a Batman before West?

Edit: Found him!

[​IMG]

10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Double Post

11. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Yup, there were actually 2 actors to play him before Adam West.

B99 likes this.
  12. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Good Lord, triple post!!

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone know is name, just curious?

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, it's Batman.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    B99 likes this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Oops.. *his name..
    :p

17. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Lewis Wilson played him in Batman (1943) and Robert Lowery played him in Batman and Robin (1949).

B99 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Unlike, Superman/Christopher Reeve and Wonder Woman/Lynda Carter and now Gal Gadot, I really don't have a definitive Batman/actor. Probably the closest is Kevin Conroy's work on the animated series.

The Trinity
    [​IMG]

19. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    I think Christian Bale delivered the definitive Bruce/Batman iteration in Batman Begins--anguished, but humane and noble--although the absurd gravel-voice that emerged in the sequels overshadows his singular achievement. (Compare this to Christopher Reeve, who remained the effervescent nucleus, even as the series itself declined steadily.)

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The answer is Bale.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Keaton is pretty great from "YOU WANNA GET NUTS?! C'MON! LET'S GET NUTS!" and in Batman Returns he's downright anguished for the climax of the film when he has to confront Selina Kyle which actually kind of works great.

Bale is solid but I find it hard to find a definitive, standout moment like Keaton.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ Ya know, that "...LET'S GET NUTS!" line is the reason why I didn't buy Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman. I imagine Bruce Wayne as a cool cat, much like the way Bale played it in Dark Knight when the Joker and crew arrived at the fund raiser party.

The thing that bugged me about Bale's Batman has more to do with the script than the actual performance in that he was looking for a way out of being Batman and living a life with Rachel, which echos Clooney's "happy Batman." Moreover, I didn't feel Bale's Batman had a dark cloud hanging over him. It's probably why I'm leaning towards Affleck's Batman. He is brooding and has a dark cloud hanging over him. Batman is a character that is not really of hope but of cynicism.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just remember Keaton looking befuddled during the last half of Returns. Especially during the suicide bomb penguins sequence.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Who wouldn't look befuddled went facing at such an absurd (by comic book film standards) spectacle? He (and just about about everyone else) must've thought "man I look dumb, but THIS is dumb AF".

Now, Bale's Batman "SWEAR TO ME" line? Yeah, very pants-crapping Batman line right there.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    WB/DC studio heads admit there were problems with Suicide Squad and Batman v. Superman.

DC Films Bosses Explain Why BATMAN v SUPERMAN And SUICIDE SQUAD Didn't Work