main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    yikes. that looks pretty rough. luckily, it's just merch and not an official poster, etc.

B99 likes this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ugh..

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    What is it you're getting tired of exactly? Are you saying you don't like directors keeping some things hidden from the audience prior to the film? I must be misunderstanding you. The fact that none of the marketing has straight up revealed Superman so far is one of the best things about the marketing. I mean, BvS . . . we'd seen every damn WOW moment from that fight by the time the movie opened. I tell you what I'd like is to see them mess with Superman's look a little bit. I mean, my full on dream is a big screen Superman with a beard. I honestly thought I was going to get it, even if just briefly, when Cavill went into the Cave of Solitude in MoS, but no, apparently, in between getting the whole walk through of Kryptonian history, discovering his awesome heritage and receiving a new sense of purpose, he took time to shave. Yes, really. Speaking of which, how does Superman shave exactly? Even an epic five bladed razor wouldn't do it, I don't imagine. I mean, even if they'd had him shave as soon as he got back to civilization, that would have been fine. But to come out of the Fortress of Solitude totally clean shaven? Come on. Give me a damn Superman with a beard for five minutes, guys! I would also not be averse to long hair. Just, you know, play with it. Except not just a mustache. That's a bad idea.

Also, in reference to the whole Mera thing, I hardly think that Alfred would be in such awe over some woman he's never seen before arriving. Come on.

Ender Sai likes this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Superman shaves by bouncing heat vision off a reflecting piece of his Kryptonian baby-pod -- as demonstrated in The Man of Steel #1 (1986) by John Byrne.

[​IMG]

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

How are they hiding Superman?

This is the first JL image:

[​IMG]

I mean, I know there is a phrase that talks about "hiding in plain sight", but this is emphatically not what they meant.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    One of the product tie-ins for MOS asked the question in TV spots that ran in theaters before the movie. Gillette literally had a website howdoesheshave.com at the time.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The real issue of the beard is that they're not going to re-shoot every scene that Cavill shot in the film, in order to have a bearded Superman. Say we see him when "wakes up" and he's beardless. Then he lands in front of Alfred and has a beard. That's going to be laughed at. Besides, it would also be silly that his hair keeps growing while he is dead. You can hand wave that in the comics and in "Superman: Doomsday", but for a larger audience, it's going to be a tougher sale.

True, but there's also the first trailer and other marketing materials that don't feature him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tagged due to size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The studio is kinda odd in this regard.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

True and it has to be from his ship since it wouldn't work too well with any piece of metal, as seen in "Time & Time Again".

[​IMG]

We're to assume that he reflected his heat vision off of a wall inside the Genesis ship. It should also be noted that this was a Post Crisis thing. Pre-Crisis, it was a different matter, as shown in Superman #139.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But in other media, he uses his heat vision off mirrors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It even happened in the comics, but only one time in 1995. At least. Might have been more.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Even mirrors have a melting point. There's Zod blowing up cars with his heat vision but a truck mirror reflects it without damage but damages Zod.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    There are different intensities.

Ender Sai likes this.
  12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It just goes to show, there is no question so stupid that it hasn't been answered a solid dozen times before.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    List of people globally who give a **** about how Superman shaves:

1. darth-sinister
    2. <Vacant>

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Number 3 would have to be vacant, as Brody from Mallrats has no doubt pondered every bodily function of Superman's.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Ender Sai like this.
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, with all that being said, everyone will be playing close attention to the area above Superman's upper lip when the Justice League film comes to see if they could identify the scene(s) when Cavill's mustache was digitally shaved off.

And for footage with Superman in the Justice League movie, I hope it's not revealed before the end of the opening weekend of the film's release. I mean, I know everyone wanted to see Spider-Man in the Civil War trailers, but it would have been so much more impactful if that was saved for the film.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'll give you a clue about which scenes, SSP, my friend.

Not the ones where Superman is brooding and looking grim. The ones where he's quipping.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, it will have Whedon's fingerprints all over it.

Master_Lok and Diggy like this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    but i thought ezra miller didn't know levity because he was in we need to talk about kevin

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's part of the canon now. Don't think about it too much.

21. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I'm actually surprised WB hasn't tried to adapt Legion of Superheroes.

Futuristic sci-fi setting in space with teenagers with superpowers.

Seems like a no brainer.

22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Because the budget would be murder on the show, given the myriad super powers and distinct alien appearances of some of their members.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Eh, they've managed to do pretty well with characters like Martian Manhunter and Grodd on a CW budget. I think they could do it.

I think that there would be too much confusion with the Legion of Superheroes and the Legends of Tomorrow. They may go in that direction once LoT wraps.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    ...and ultimately the Legion naming itself after the Legends because of...reasons? Can't say which tho; I've never watched legends and I figure it's just as unbearably awful as the rest of their CW brethren.

Still, again, the future setting, the size of the team ("legion", after all), distinct appearances and powers might be a bit challenging even for CW standards.

25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I was actually talking about a movie franchise.