main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Zack Snyder continues provide further confirmation of my assertion that his Superman has very religious overtones and is referred as god-like.

Zack Snyder Explains Why Batman Used a Kryptonite Spear in Dawn of Justice
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, another example of how Zack Snyder is a visual story teller. I pointed out previous how Snyder's visuals painted Superman as a god in the comparison to Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam ."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    laurethiel1138 and heels1785 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    zack snyder is a weird dude

Diggy and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's one way of looking at him.

I like Snyder's visual styling. And as such, as was kind of excited when he was announced to direct Man of Steel as I really like his early films Dawn of the Dead, 300 and Sucker Punch; mixed feelings about Watchmen. I got to meet him in 2015 at SDCC. He's a very friendly guy.

Here's a picture of me and Zack Snyder.
    [​IMG]

As I mentioned previously, the biggest mistake Snyder made was the decision with his narrative, as he was his telling it from a third person point of view, much like George Lucas did with the Prequels, and more specially, The Phantom Menace. Additionally, he relies heavily on visual effects to provide the symbolism and story telling.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I forgot to post this article from a few weeks back regarding the religious overtones from Zach Snyder in Batman v. Superman
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    More from Zack Snyder:
    Snyder’s Need to Explain BvS Again & Again Proves it’s Not a Good Film
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Snyder keeps on giving.

Why Wayne Manor Is Abandoned in Batman v Superman
    [​IMG]

Zack Snyder Implies Batman v Superman’s Dead Robin Is Dick Grayson

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ender Sai likes this.
  8. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's good news and bad news to me.

The good news that there's another DC film in the works. And I guess the rumors were probably true the Wheadon might have been too controversial to helm a female lead character film.

The bad news is that yet another DC film is announced but no news about Superman. Superman needs a follow up film to Justice League.

PCCViking likes this.
  10. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, it sounds like the script for Black Adam is done, but I don't feel the movie will be out by next year. They might go into production next year. But yeah, as the article pointed out, we've been hearing about this film getting off the ground for like 10 years, so I don't expect fans to take this seriously until we see leaked photos from the set.

Rumors and speculation is that Henry Cavill's Superman with be part of the film, much like the animated film, as Cavill and Johnson being stirring up that pot on social media.
    [​IMG]

The fanboys and media have been eaten up the possibility.
    [​IMG]

Personally, I find it a great idea, especially if there isn't a proper sequel to Man of Steel in the works.

PCCViking likes this.
  12. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  13. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think this is Spielberg's wheelhouse as it deals with fighter pilots during World War II. I saw the some parts of the internet are calling Spielberg a hypocrite for "supposedly" crapping on comic book movies by saying that superheroes will die out like Westerns. Whatever, Spielberg was just saying that a some point, maybe decades from now, that comic book films won't be dominate juggernauts they are now. And I agree with that. At some point, the "genre" will reach its peak and trend downwards.

I know of "Blackhawk" but I never read any of its comic books. I know the character was reimagine with Lady Blackhawk and was part of the Birds of Prey, which I did read some issues.
    [​IMG]

Some mentioned that "Blackhawk" would be something like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

So, I'm sure whatever Spielberg with "Blackhawk" is going to be awesome.

Master_Lok and laurethiel1138 like this.
  15. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    McQuarie wasn't some one I had on my radar to direct a sequel for Man of Steel as pretty all my hope for a director is with Matthew Vaughn. However, I am open to the idea of McQuarie as I'm a big fan of his directing on Edge of Tomorrow and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. I do feel that WB/DC will return Superman to a more Dick Donner version type of movie, but not in the love letter kind of way that Bryan Singer delivered, but more of in that Patty Jenkins/Wonder Woman kind of way.

Superman desperately needs a proper sequel to Man of Steel, to where he's not being summoned to appear before Congressional hearing and where he's not trying to be killed off.

Coincidentally enough, I was watching this video this morning. Honestly.

I just to hear well thought out opinions of regarding Superman in the modern cinema. Does he still work? Is he too boring? Is he too overpowered?

Superman: The Movie is my all time favorite comic book movie and I want the modern audiences to have the same experience with the character as I did. The way Patty Jenkins did.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The animation looks wonderful. I will probably rent this...

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    DC Animated is in a good place right now.

That’s not to say that they won’t ruin it all with one truly atrocious effort, as they tend to do.

But I’m hopeful for Ninja.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I was expecting something bigger after your previous post. Don’t get too excited, @heels1785

heels1785 likes this.
  20. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    If you enjoyed that video you may like this one as well. It's a bit broader (talking about the DC movie heroes in general) but he focuses a lot on Superman in it, echoing some of the same points but expanding on them a bit more. As a heads up there is a little profanity in it if that sort of things bothers you.

21. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  22. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I appreciate Cavill's commitment to his character, and hope that the film gets made. Could play a large part in transitioning to a new phase for the franchise.

Luke02 and Master_Lok like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just as long as Cavill doesn't have any facial hair whatsoever while filming.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    So I attempted to watch Justice League yesterday. I made it through that scene where kids were asking Superman about fighting a hippopotamus on home video before I started to fall violently asleep. My memory thereafter is pretty fragmentary, but none of the impressions I'm left with are good.