main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i do hope that floor was adequately reinforced.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
  3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    You have just made me want to watch the movie more than the entire marketing blitz leading up to the film was able to.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Imagine DCEU with a good setup, sigh.

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    @Luke02

Yes instead of making MoS2 and everyone's solo movie through 2014-2017, they went for BVS and SS, big big mistake. Especially Aquaman's movie could have explained a bit about Atlantis and the upcoming threat.

And Steppenwolf is probably the worst villain I could think of for THE JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, he got very very little setup as well.

PCCViking and Luke02 like this.
  6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I hope we never see Brainiac on screen, ever.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

My favorite part of the trailer will be obvious.

8. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Too late... :p (Krypton says hi -- actually, it's pretty good! Bananas, but good!)

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Teen Titans Go confuses me. Or at least, its fanbase confuses me. Do they like the show because it's different and more self/aware compared to the other Teen Titans show? Or do they hate it for that exact same reason?

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well it's sillier than the old show, but yes way more meta. So those that like it appreciate the smart humor and those that don't like it dislike how silly it is, and are endlessly pining for a continuation of the original show.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    ****ing movies. dp4m why are you this way.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    What if the plan was like that
    2013 MOS
    2015 MOS2 Remove those overly dark elements, introducing WW and Batman
    2016 Flash Also introduce Cyborg and the Apokolips tech behind him
    WW Also introduce Atlantis and Apokolips
    2017 Aquaman, give us the last setup of Apokolips
    Justice League, so both the heroes and the villains got more setup, use someone else than Steppenwolf as the villain.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ender, you may like Krypton. Good storytelling, and nary an American to be found - cast is primarily British and Canadian.

Watched Batman: Ninja, the newest DC Animated film. I found it bizarre, but fun - worth a rent. Continues the solid run of animated films.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What if bottom girl was not recruit to dark sex cult as a victim

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Best for Wonder Woman if she stays well clear of "apokolips" and anything else that blatantly stupid.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Apokolips was great for DCEU's big bad, but they didn't handle it well enough.

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    They haven't handled anything well. They are the Dominos Pizza of dumb summer comic book movies. Storytelling, their core product, is the worst part of an already awful enterprise. People who like this franchise should feel a very deep sense of shame.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    but i'm still okay because i like family matters, right?

20. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The DCEU contains many excellent, epic films. From casting, cinematography to scores/soundtracks, the work has been top notch. Although often derided by many, the DCEU provides a suitable balance in tone to the MCU. I like both franchises.

Yet the DCEU is more interesting to me, most likely due to the characters themselves and the fact that I read the comics. And in the case of MoS and BvS, I appreciate the epic scale of the films, both in terms of content and actual length, especially the 3 hour UE of BvS. That is the best version, imo.

Side note: It's rather humorous how many people criticize the DCEU and then you come to find out that they haven't even seen all the films, let alone even read a single comic book in their life! In some circles, it's almost fashionable to bash this franchise, regardless of any actual knowledge about what one is talking about lol.

In any case, I'm proud of what they've done so far and happy to be a fan, even if that means being in the minority.

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Justice League
    3. Batman v Superman
    4. Man of Steel
    5. Suicide Squad

I'm really looking forward to seeing Aquaman. Should be another great addition to the universe.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dishonour at its worst.

dags, take solace in knowing that you are 8000% better than the loathsome dp4m.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    You didn't feel like Wonder Woman at least was a decent movie? I hated MoS and BvS, but I love Wonder Woman.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    please no

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    WW was okay until they DC'ed it in the 3rd act.