main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    don’t forget jonathan kent

Ender Sai and Diggy like this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Maybe.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  3. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Alfred was first established as fighting in World War II with British Intelligence in Detective Comics #501.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It’s go time.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am all about that Shazam! Captain Marvel. That is the Big Red Cheese brought to life.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i'm curious as to what he's drinking in that promo image. first thought was sweet and sour sauce, or maybe blood (dc so grimdark!). really concentrated Hi-C fruit punch, perhaps?

Ender Sai likes this.
  7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right and then it was retconned out with "Crisis On Infinite Earths". Alfred was then revealed to have taught MI5 agents using his theatrical skills and then assisted MI7 on capturing Red Scare and avoid a group of Metahumans, including Vandal Savage. But he was never an official agent. This was told in Detective Comics #806 and 807, as a co-feature during the "City Of Crime" storyline.

Well, Damian has gotten better since his resurrection. Especially after Jon socked him in the gut.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    He's still an annoying little ****.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Probably the elixir to make DC bright again.

It's nice to see some promo materials for Shazam! and that it's bright and colorful, as the colors could have been muted in post. It looks like Zachary Levi will be able to pull off that that Tom Hank's performance in Big.

10. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yeah well, meh Crisis. DC changes their continuity about as often as a booker changes partners. Those stories I mentioned are still the First time DC gave Alfred a background involving the military, although his family's past in service and his background on acting had been shown before.

11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Wishing Aquaman was being released this weekend. I really could use a new DCEU film right about now...

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    To mollify both of you...

It's a terrible photo, but it's right next to the Shazam shot above -- and given the colors on that one popping (and this one less so), we can reasonably assume what Aquaman's suit will look like.

Looks good!

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Glad to see some official Aquaman promotion materials being released, as I posted awhile back unofficial set photos of Aquaman in his new armor, but the leaked photos failed to garner any traction, especially in comparison to the leaked photos of Shazam! or that other Captain Marvel.

Anyway, I like the costume design change of Aquaman. It has a more authentic Atlantian look, if there is such a thing and not so much of a unitard like Batman and Superman wear. I'm really looking forward to seeing what James Wan cooked up with Aquaman, as his films are well crafted with its story telling.

But instead of Aquaman opening up this weekend, I would wish for a Mathew Vaughn directed proper sequel to Man of Steel, especially with the Justice League course correction for the DCFU.

As for Shazam!, I'm kind of surprised of how little information I've come across this film. I mean, I don't know who the villain of the villain will be, and I don't really want to know at this point. And it doesn't seem like Dwayne Johnson will make his Black Adam appearance in this film, as least, nothing beyond a cameo or teaser. And I'm still not sure if this will take place in the same universe as the rest of the DCFU.

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I mean, I think we could do that from Justice League no?

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Fans are starting to have a little fun with the new Shazam poster.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ [face_laugh] That's so perfectly done.

WATCHMEN SERIES CASTS LEAD ROLE
    Those are some interesting cast choices as I don't recall the last time I've seen Louis Gossett Jr. in a movie, or even heard his named mentioned. Same goes for Don Johnson. Based on these casting, I'm going to assume we're dealing with retired/former heroes and perhaps villains.

I'm glad it won't be a retreading or rebooting Snyder's Watchmen from a few years ago, but I wasn't a huge fan of Lindelof's The Leftovers and in particularly the way his stories unfolding. Meaning, his stories usually set up this premise and huge questions from that, but never really answer those questions as the stories most involve the characters dealing and reeling from the happenings of the premise. And the answers for the mysteries/questions surrounding of events from the premise of the story are constantly the proverbial "dangling carrot" for the viewing audience, which is very frustrating for me.

At any rate, I'll be watching HBO's Watchmen.

17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Lindeloff is writing the Watchmen show? Yeah, no thanks.

19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Lindeolf posted a very long take on his version of Watchmen, the most he called it was a Remix, which implied that the graphic novel is Canon, like Old Testament Canon, which makes me feel that he's making a sequel TV series (even though he denies it a few pages later). Or basically we're going the "Doomsday Clock" route where Doctor Manhattan leaves to make new life and new realities and the Watchmen TeeVee show is one of those.

So, yeah, Dark Tower movie logic, next turn of the wheel and all that. At least that's my guess. The casting description seems to imply one of the roles was for a very old, very fit, very smart man, which may be Old Man Ozymandias. Maybe. Just guessing, really.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    1) ben kingsley, lol. you sure did a number on him.

2)
    [​IMG]

Rogue1-and-a-half and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    DCEU’s Trinity Meets For First Time in Zack Snyder BvS Photo

[​IMG]

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I was gonna say how I like the DC Oscar winners (sans Leto) almost universally better (except Hopkins and Branagh) but nope, too late, you ruined it for everyone...

heels1785 likes this.