main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting.

I grew up on George Reeves and Adam West, as well as Super Friends. I loved Christopher Reeve and Michael Keaton. The Dark Knight Returns and The Dark Trilogy ar masterpieces. So when I heard Nolan was doing Superman, I was excited, only to be disappointed to find out he wouldn’t write and direct. However, I loved 300, so I looked forward to MoS.

I found Krypton fascinating and the flashback sequences an interesting take. I immediately bought into Cavill. The 3rd act was amazing and I didn’t have a problem with the civilian deaths. The problems I had were with Zod—but that was because I very much was attached to Terence Stamp and I knew this was a different interpretation; and Zod’s death. But I also learned this is why Superman won’t kill again.

I was surprised Ben Affleck was going to be Batman, having anticipated Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. I only learned recently that Bale wanted the role, hit for me if his Bruce Wayne had made peace in TDK Rises, how to reconcile that with what Snyder envisioned.

The negative reviews of BvS and SS scared me off from swing 2 movies I had really wanted to see. But WW was great and I looked forward to JL—only to be scared off again.

However, I subscribe to Collider Videos Jedi Council and having watched pre-A3 MCU movies was bored and decided to watch Collider Heroes. Then I read Mark Hughes and watched Kevin Smith.

Well, I rewatched MoS and I appreciate much more so now. So, MoS and WW are excellent the films and the rest suck, right?

After watching BvSDoJUE (that’s a mouthful even though only initials) and SS I change my mind: I rank these 2 above MoS and WW. JL was good, but easily #5 for the DCEU.

I think Mark Hughes hit the nail on the head when he wrote that many people weren’t keen on Snyder’s deconstruction of our heroes. Interesting, because Marvel began by deconstructing superheroes, it’s not as if DC remained stuck in the past. With the Green Arrow/Green Lantern teamup and The Dark Knight we don’t have Golden Age superheroism. And Gotham brings us different versions of Gordon, Wayne, and Alfred.

As for the Snyder Cut of JL, it May have been in the picture lock phase.

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/scre...gue-zack-snyder-cut-finished-vfx-editing/amp/

And it appears Whedon may have changed a lot regarding tone, style, color, content.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-reshoot-changes-explained-snyder-whedon/

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    that really is fantastic, ssp

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's brilliant. On many levels.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The Snyder poster needs more lens flare, though.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It also needs more litter. There should be discarded hypodermic needles floating past Arthur.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Then by all rights, Batman should be dead after being tossed through a building, armored suit or not. Remember, the movie stated that Clark didn't kill anyone. Only Lex's men did.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes he should. Thanks for backing me up!

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Uh, I wasn't. I was pointing out that even without armor, Superman held back. There may have been injuries, but were non fatal.

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, he only appears to murder, to appeal to Snyder fans, but doesn't actually murder, to appeal to DC fans. You know, like when J.K .Rowling insists that Dumbledore was gay all the time, in her head.

Healer_Leona and Diggy like this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh so because Superman was holding back, that person didn’t fly through the wall.

Got it.

You’re stuck in the Magic superman era, where Superman holding back provides a magical shield to people.

P.S. Snyder does not, he wants gritty and lets reality. That guy died. Accept it.

But let’s explore you’re particular insanity on this point. Say he didn’t die. At the very least his body and brain are horribly damaged, he’s a merc in africa where healthcare is not the best, so he is more than likely maimed for life. Horrible existence some would consider worse than death.

But at least Superman didn’t kill.

Of course he could have zoomed in, disarmed the guy and tied him up.....

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That poster comparison is the best meme I've seen in ages.

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    In case some are waiting to see looks for the first time in the trailer:

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    please spend the extra 50 cents on cgi, guys

this could so easily turn out to be inhumans underwater

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Or, the flag is in glass because it is an old flag on display...

FFS, clickbait... :p

19. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm sorry, Mistah Loo-tor!

23. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Black Manta costume display from SDCC.

edit: Correction ... it's a life size model of a Black Manta toy Mattel has on display.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    What in the hell is this TV-MA (Teen) Titans show?

It looks darker than Snyder! (LANGUAGE WARNING)

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Diggy like this.