main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That one... I dunno. It doesn't get me excited about the movie but there's enough visuals there (with lovely, lovely colors) to grab some of my interest. Hopefully there's a good amount of Black Manta in the film and he's not just a henchman with the brother as the main.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I liked the way Black Manta looked. A lot.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm the biggest Hans Zimmer mark around, but Rupert Gregson-Williams (assuming that's his work in the AM trailer) really seems to work with these films - I'm glad they found him. His WW soundtrack was outstanding, also did a great job on Hacksaw Ridge prior to his work with DC.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I suppose it’s to be expected that Shazam would have the ‘Big’* vibe, but what’s great is they’re nailing the vibe.

*heelsy, you should watch Big, it’s awesome!

5. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Great whites being used as warhorses.

Yes. Please. I love this idea.

Also ending thing about redheads, yup, you gotta love em.;)

Also the goat, lol.

Wasn't his name Captain Marvel way back in the day? Anyways looks funny. First I thought he looked like Ben Affleck

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i'll add it to the list. watched back to the future for the first time last night.

progress. :p

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, the next three DC films look promising. Hope they don't **** it all up.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Well these two trailers are a breath of fresh air after that appalling Titans one. Shazam and Aquaman both look fun. They seem to have nailed Shazam’s character from the comics. The Aquaman trailer has some really sweet shots, but James Wan is a fantastic director, so that’s expected. Black Manta looks badass.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What did you think?

heels1785 likes this.
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think both look great. Some of the CGI in the Aquaman trailer could use a bit of work, but there's still half a year until release, so hopefully it gets polished. But Wan absolutely committed to creating a completely separate world, and it looks gorgeous. The shot of Aquaman and Mera diving into the water with that flare while the Trench swarm around them looks ripped right out of an issue of Geoff Johns' run on the book. And Shazam looks like a warm hug of a movie, which perfectly fits the goofy heart of the character.

I feel good about DC going forward, or at least the next year's worth of films.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Was very good. A lot of the movie references that I've heard/seen over the years that never made sense suddenly do!

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I finally found something I approve of and... somehow... it came in the form of 2 DCU trailers. Lawd, they look brilliant.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I am illogically happy about this. Now watch 2 and 3!

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Shazam looks really Awesome has a feel like the Movie Big a lot of comedy and Epic, Aquaman looked really good may be a little to much CGI and I am not one to usually complain about to much CGI I also really liked the look of the Teen Titans adult live action show I love the cursing!

15. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    To be perfectly honest ... I really liked everything I saw in both the Shazam and Aquaman trailers.

A lot.

I feel a much anticipated DC movie resurgence coming on. And the critics clamoring for a full reboot ... I'm glad they've been ignored. It was never bad enough to justify that.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Good grief, that Titans trailer was just over-the-top dark.

17. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Titans not what I was expecting but willing to give it a shot

Shazam and aquaman look great

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Was wrong here - not RGW. The trailer music is Thomas Bergersen's Children of the Sun:

It was also used in the trailer for BvS: Ultimate Edition (the only proper cut).

Also, in the Shazam trailer, when Billy walks out of the gas station, he's carrying a six pack. The camera shoots to the bad guys tied up in Christmas lights, and when it goes back to Billy, he's carrying Fritos and stuff instead. :p

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe he downed the six pack really really fast and then got the Fritos and stuff really really fast like the speed of sound?

heels1785 likes this.
  20. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, the trailer kinda gives the pics context. I'm not really--and by "not really" I mean "not at all"--familiar w/Shazam, so as I saw the various stills over the last few weeks I kinda cringed a bit. Now, having seen the trailer, I "get it" and it looks like a lot of fun.

@heels1785 thank you for posting that trailer music vid. It's epic stuff.

Speaking of the trailer, I'm absolutely feeling this one. Despite Momoa acquitting himself well in the otherwise shrugworthy JL, I can't say I was exactly excited by the possibility of a standalone Aquaman film. This trailer changed that. Big time.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Juke - I agree on that last part. The DCEU formula has been to release content and lock themselves into details about films way too early in an attempt to build buzz (to compete with Marvel), and it hasn't always been the right call.

Here, they went to the other extreme - waited very late, but I'm glad they did, because this trailer is right on the mark - I hope it builds genuine hype and interest in what I'm hoping is a good film.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    2019 will either make or break the DCEU with two new movies that won't necessarily be connected. This is exciting.

23. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I think Walter Hamada's approach may work.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    And you do?

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That a particularly lazy answer from you. Don’t you have a number of comic panels to post or something?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.