main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need a Fallout: New Vegas/Skyrim style Star Wars RPG!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Evanblade, May 21, 2013.

1. Evanblade

Evanblade Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    I've started a petition to encourage Obsidian Entertainment and Bethesda Softworks to consider developing a modernized Star Wars RPG. Please check it out.

Please join this campaign: http://chn.ge/1917eIG

Of course, the fact that EA has scored exclusive rights may hinder this movement. But hey, it never hurts to try.

2. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Obsidian has announced that they infact are very interested in making a Star Wars rpg, they where going to ask Disney. But now that EA has the rights, they think they might have a better chance. Since EA dosn't mind publishing a title from a non EA developer, aslong as it gets a cut ofcourse...

Still it won't hurt our chances, so signed :)

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm not sure what petitioning Bethesda or Obisidian would achieve. You'd be much better off to focus your efforts towards EA.

4. Evanblade

Evanblade Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    Great, thanks for signing. I know Obsidian had already pitched it and they thought the pitch went well. However, Obsidian saying that EA getting exclusive rights is a good thing is news to me. Thanks.

5. Evanblade

Evanblade Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    Duly noted. I'll see about editing the petition to include EA. I wanted to focus on Obsidian first because I wasn't sure what framework they were planning on for the new SW RPG. I thought if we could show that a lot of SW gaming fans were interested in a game done in the manner of Fallout: New Vegas, that perhaps they could take it in that direction. Thanks for your post.

6. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I see why you are petitioning Obsidian. But it's a fruitless exercise because they have no sway over the license. At all. By sending your interest to EA you would possibly end up with one of two results:

1) EA commissions Obsidian to create a prototype product that could be developed into a full retail release.

or far more likely

2) EA would acknowledge fan demand and get one of their internal studios to make a clone of Fallout New Vegas in a Star Wars skin.

I hope your quest to get this game fares well! :)

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    These threads are hilarious.

By which I mean, hilariously stupid.

8. Evanblade

Evanblade Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    Thanks for your post, it was an essential addition to the conversation.

9. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Now THIS would be a Star Wars RPG I would gladly play. Not that KOTOR & KOTOR 2 Sucked but I'm just not a big fan of the D&D-style RPG system in place.

10. Evanblade

Evanblade Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    Thank you for your posts everyone. There are some very valid points made in this discussion. If you do feel that this is a game you would love to see, and can make time to do so, please sign the petition at http://chn.ge/1917eIG

The more signatures we can get, the better our chance at getting Obsidian's and EA's attention. Thanks all.

11. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I signed the petition solely because of this post.