So CO We need a name.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Miccu_Resea, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Micah333 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd much prefer "Pikes Peak Imperial Academy".
  2. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    How about Colorado Imperial Academy ?

You can call yourselves CIA for shorthand, and you'll all love being in on the joke.

It makes you a statewide group, but unique from RMFF and 501st by being "the Academy" which does refer to your location.

Maybe Springs Imperial Academy, you still get a convenient shorthand SIA (CSIA just doesn't roll off the tongue IMO), or "the Academy" but a more local name.

I do think Pikes Peak is too confusing with the already established 501st group.

The decision is obviously your group's to make. I did suggest at the last CS meeting that the name be anything other than "City Name Fan Force" as it would be confusing since the RMFF is already established as a statewide group and you premised becoming the official city chapter on still being part of RMFF.
  3. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lol, that is actually a great idea!

even if we did call it the colorado springs imperial academy we could abbreviate it CIA...but I think Colorado Imperial Academy rolls a little better...
  4. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    If course the whole "Imperial Academy" thing makes you sound more like you're part of the 501st than anything else. But it's your FF. Call it what you want.
  5. Micah333 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, what about some sort of Padawan training thingy...
  6. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    Pikes Peak is specifically used as the name of the local 501st squad. If anything that says Imperial means 501st, than FanForce might as well quit now :( .
  7. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I was just raising my opinion. It's your FF, call it what you want. :D
  8. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    There will be a new member list coming up on the website that will have your affiliation with your names, so, I've taken to separating people by region:

Southern Bureau
    Mountain Bureau
    Northern Bureau
    BFE Bureau (That's for Mac & Sarah ;) )

Let me know if you come up with something else. Preferrably soon. I don't want to ask Michael to this twice. [face_blush]
  10. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    There will be a new member list coming up on the website that will have your affiliation with your names, so, I've taken to separating people by region:

Southern Bureau
    Mountain Bureau
    Northern Bureau
    BFE Bureau (That's for Mac & Sarah ;) )

Let me know if you come up with something else. Preferrably soon. I don't want to ask Michael to this twice. [face_blush]
  11. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
  13. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    And for people like Cory, we have "Member At Large" People who are so far out of the way, airplanes are involved.
  14. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lol, I'm actually VERY close in comparison to you guys to "BFE" ;) [face_laugh]
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.