Ark We need a Social Thread.....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by sithsarbad, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Whaddayamean too many threads? Are you tryin' to say that we don't need five different threads about the Rave? You're kidding!!! :eek:
  2. sithsarbad Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHA

Yeah, it is glad that we are getting a lot of new memebers, but the spam part of it sucks. However I did lock my "I lived" thread, it was pretty much dead.

Henry, do you think we could get one last meeting in before the 18th????
  3. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I have an idea...

But I need to check with my folks.
  4. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So Im sure some of you are wondering why I was on a sn named Jedi_Sidious, I was banned for a day by the moderator of the SW Community because of a remark I made in the ROTS Line by Line thread. So yeah that basically explains it.
  5. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Shame... shame... [face_shame_on_you]

So, what was the remark? I promise not to ban you... *evil grin* [face_mischief]
  6. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Eh basically during the love scene with Anakin and Padme I added in Padme: Do me Ani do me
  7. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Yeah, I could see how that'd land you a ban for a short while. [face_laugh]
  8. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yeah I guess, I just wish the guy had told me how long the ban was.
  9. jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello there fellow social beings...So, here is a question to get some positng going...Who has ever defended their "fanatic" behavior to a non-fan and how did you go about it? For example, when asked "why are you out here in costume, your kid must be a big fan (statement from the checker because you have like, 10 clone trooper action figures in your hand....Do you admit to being a fan in all it's glory or do you hide. Personally, I admit it...it's fun. However, isn't it odd that the media doesn't treat people at football games that way for camping in a parking lot for days before a "big game". Just something I thought I would throw out there....
  10. PrincessNeko Jedi Youngling

I understand where you are coming from. I work in a public service related job... and some of my clients and I talk about what is going on and what is new.... The past few weeks I have talked about Star Wars and how much fun I had with my children as I dressed up my son put on my star wars shirt and went to the show at 1230 AM. My clients, however, thought I was absolutely insane to stand in the crowds to see a movie. They could not believe that I had actively sought out a group to hang out with at a movie theater with people I did NOT know and the idea of going to see the movie again and again and again was just something NO one could understand. But, jeepgirls, you are SO right... it is not a big deal if you are camped out roasting weenies in front of the football arena days before the game getting drunk and starting fights, while a bunch of easy-going, well-educated individuals get together to have discussions about one of the greatest epic adventures in anyone's lifetime and enjoy great movies.... What is so wrong with that? Honestly, I was glad to find this website and I was thrilled when I attended the movie last weekend and was treated so nicely by people I met online. So, to answer your question, yes, I have been looked at strangely for my passion for Star Wars... BUT, I don't care... :)
  11. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    I have no qualms about admitting to it :D

Nope not at all. And if they say anything I juz look at them and say: "There are worse ones than me." [face_mischief] Soooo I face it up. Now if only I could get a Klingon outfit I'd be set! [face_dancing]

:D
  12. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I always say "everyone has a hobby. At least mine's not gambling, drinking, or doing drugs."
  13. Kynstar Jedi Knight

star 5
    Good one! I don't do any of those either...never dunna and never gonna! ;)
  14. Wet_Fett Jedi Master

star 1
    I try not to attract too much attention to my Star Warsness because it always attracts some unwanted attention. Some kid thought just because i had a star wars shirt on and he liked star wars too made it alright for him to come up to me and start a conversation. and the kid was annoying ,to say the least.
  15. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I defended mine against Phillip Martin, yes the movie critic for the Dem-Gaz. In the end he ended up calling me a little pouty girl....he is very unprofessional. But then again what do you expect from a guy who went from sports editor to movie critic.

If anyone would like to see the emails between me and him just pm me and give me your email address
  16. ForceConduit Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey people. I'm glad to hear we're not afraid of being linked to Star Wars. Heck , it has defined pop culture. Just looka at the inferences on tv shows like the O.C., That 70's Show and the like. If people don't understand I try to explain my passion for it to them. To most though it's like me trying to explain why I follow the code of the martial arts. Thay say it's dated and old. Then I bring up my religion(Christian). That shuts up 99 percent of the people I deal with. I say let people have their hobbies, beliefs, etc. After all it's one galaxy(Star wars or not). Be proud of who or what(Ha Ha) you are no matter what! Later Renegades!
  17. jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Don't forget Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It had lots of Star Wars stuff in it. I am writing a thesis project on Star Wars effect on Popular culture and I am so glad that others see things my way. You are with me, You are not my enemy. Later guys
  18. Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Time to get my GEEK-ON. Ok one I like is your in line with several items, your throwing everything on the regester. The cashier looks puzzled as you stand there with the last few items delicately wrapped in your arms. You slowly lower the figures to the register asking here to be gental with them that usally start up a good one. Lets see do I hide my obssecion, over the next few months I will start interior constuction on a 1400 sq/ft archive for my collection. With very possibly a Rebel and Imperial symbal panted ontop of the buildings. I also am trying to design the gate archway for my drive that says Endor Estate over it. With in Imperial imblem in the middle when the gates close. Course I still would like to have one day a life-size Falcon, AT-AT, AT-ST who knows maybe an X-wing sticking out of my pond.
  19. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    who knows maybe an X-wing sticking out of my pond. That would be soooooooo cool.
  20. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Make sure you cover it in some nasty seaweed and stuff. Heck, you could even have a life-size Yoda, Luke, and R2 looking at it from the bank. That'll give it that nice Empire feel... :D
  21. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i teach(or rather did teach, i just quit my job) english and i used to have the OT posters on my wall. the kids used to make fun of me until they finally realized i was dead serious about my sw addiction. now they come by my room and shout out lines from the movie. i took kids to the midnite show each time. one kid put it best. we all have something that we love whether its star wars or skateboarding, or hunting. there is nothing wrong with it. so when someone gives you crap about sw, just make fun of what they love. until they understand.
  22. jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Does anyone mind if I use their ideas (particularly the pond x-wing that longs to live at Endor Acres??) as some of my research for my thesis...(She wants us to have interviews and the internet counts as far as she is concerned) She's actually teaching a philosophy class this coming fall on the effects of popular culture and how it is immersed in religion and other things. I have already written a similar research paper on the same ideas only involving Lord of the Rings...Let me know if you mind or would be offended. Thanks to all for their input.
    The force will be with you, ALWAYS!!
  23. sithsarbad Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't mind at all

A lot of my views of life I learned form the Matrix and Star Wars.

Such as Fate, Love, and Choice
  24. Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Oh please use me I dont mind abit I just wish you could have photos to back it up.
  25. jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    OK all, bring your costuming needs and ideas to the shindig at Henry's. We can brainstorm and get the creative juices flowing...Then we can set some actual sewing dates...How does this sound????
    Thanks for the input about whether you are a all out full blown camping out for ticket fan or whether you are a closet fan, Nyborg,,,I like the phrase "get my geek on" I've got to use it, I am also going to use the research I have gathered from seeing the movie 14 times, each time there are differnt crowds...today's crowd didn't even laugh out loud when Artoo defeated the battle droids....Of course, I was my usual clapping and cheering self...But, the evening crowds have been more into the movie. I find it very interesting...
    See all you guys later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.