main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark We need a Social Thread.....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by sithsarbad, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey, if anybody has anything Star Wars they are looking for and can't find at a store around here...I am going to be doing some traveling next week to settle some of my grandmother's affairs...and so I'll have the oppurtunity to look at some stores in some other states. Last time I found the Sidous/Yoda unleashed figure and the Anakin #50, charred Anakin on Mustafar...Just PM me or stick it in a post here and while I'm out I'll check and see what I find. The stores in Michigan had different stuff than I had seen around here... I'll be going to St Louis and from there flying to California and then to Dallas, then Miami, then New York, Rhode Island, Colorado and back to St Louis...I have a lot of little business things to tend to...And since I'll be looking for myself....It won't hurt to look for you guys, So...just let me know. I'm basically doing a US tour in at whirlwhind speed but I need something to cheer myself up.
    Later
    [face_pig]

My cousins in Michigan are bigger collector junkies than Henry so, they don't mind looking around up there for stuff either...Justlet me know if there is somthing you're looking for that you can't find around here. And by the way Conduit...They are considering giving me one of the Han Solo replica blasters and if they do, you are more than welcome to it...I don't collect that stuff.

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Same as always for me--CLONES!!! Maybe you shoulda posted this in the Toy Box thread.

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I think that I'll post the same thing over there...at the toy box...that is a good idea.
    Hello and Later to everybody!!
    Bacon[face_pig]

4. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey guys hows everyone been? Sorry I havent talked on here much, been busy with the beginning 3 weeks of school.

Kudos to Jacob and Lisa for the words they said in the "movie" thread, its the truth and someone needed to say it

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Hello All!!
    Just a little line to say howdy to all...My schedule is hectic so I only get to check around here either late at night or early in the morning at the university. So, what's up with everyone? Hope all those who went back to school are doing well. And all with younglings back to school, that they are doing well also. Spread the word to all with kids that you might know of. Tonight is School Night for Scouting for our area. So, any who want to join Cub Scouts...head for your local elementary school at 7pm. (Shameless plug for scouting...sorry)
    Later
    Bacon[face_pig]

6. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i am so busy with new teaching postition. wednesday i took a fall off the porch steps and landed on my face. it looks like i got into a fight and lost. right side hurts, a lot. eye swollen. you get the picture. i came to work today only cause i was so bored at home yesterday. now i feel as if i should have stayed home another day. she chuckled helplessly.

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    What are you teaching this year and where?

8. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    You know youraddicted to star wars when....

You have a dream about finding a Darth Vader Unleashed and almost wet the bed.

I swear i dream about the strangest things to other people, yet i find it kinda comforting. one that i didn't wet the bed and 2 that at least my dreams share the same obbsession as my waking hours. lol

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Saw the new DV unleashed at TRU in Little Rock today.

10. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    i smell a...... Road Trip lol no not really i am to broke to buy one if i found one. which means i will find one. isn't that how it always works lol

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    If you find it at a Wal Mart, you can put it on layaway...Then spread the cash out over a bit.
    [face_pig]

12. _Darth_Malice

_Darth_Malice Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Here is a video of Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" featuring the characters from Star Wars E3.

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    This will prob be better :) juz click on 'Take Me Out' Take Me Out

14. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Never heard of him but that kicks butt.

15. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    Sorry bj, i dont have time to ck board every day. i am teaching english 9 and oral communications. i am also doing the yearbook which is what is kicking my a**. the teacher that left didnt leave much to help. i have figured it all out on my own.

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good luck with your classes. I waste time in mine roaming around the internet. I'm sitting in on a Pop Culture and an Art History class as part of my graduate studies...I pretty much show dvd's of slides on Monday and Wednesday and the "professor" comes in on Friday and lectures. It's interesting.Later
    [face_pig]

17. JediLehrling

JediLehrling Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Hi all - I recently moved to LR from Indiana, thought I grew up in AR. Do y'all have regular meetings/book/clubs/activities? If so, how do I get involved? I'm looking to meet new people, and SW fans are the best!
    Elizabeth

18. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello great to hear from you. At this time we dont have regular meetings. Where you a member of the Indy Knights if so we could some ideas from there stuff.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Welcome Elizabeth,
    Some of us get together more often than others, I think the next official thing is the movie night at OtisDodge's, that is in Little Rock, There is an improptu, thrown together cook out at my place this weekend but I warn anyone that I live way out of town. I am assuming that we need to get together and establish a time for regular meetings. But if you are ever just looking for something to do, pm us and we'll send our phone number, or at least I will. Looking forward to meeting you.
    BJ

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey welcome!! :D Yeppers some of us get together almost weekly if not every other week to either watch movies and/or hang out to BS about things :)

21. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Are we planning anything for the DVD release on Nov 1? I just realized that means a midnight release party will be on Hallowene? Well, I guess we'd mostly all be in costume?

Later
    [face_pig]

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep yep yep! I hope we can do something! :D :D

23. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    hey guys

wow its been a while since i last posted on here. Ive been rather busy with work, school (jr year), and life. Ill try to be more active on the boards but I dont get much chance to surf the web nowadays...plus my laptop has to get a new screen or just get a new computer.

Cant wait till it comes out on dvd

BTW
    Jacob, back at the August movie night that copy was for a friend that asked me for it, i didnt watch the bootleg version, not to much into it...just thought id say that since i know you just LOVE bootlegs

Talk to you guys later

Caleb

24. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    :eek:
    Are you dissing my offering??? I will have you know..

just kidding.
    i feel no remorse for my bootleg copy. I am writing a star wars book for my masters thesis and use the movies and dvd for writing and outlining.

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I am not trying to shame anyone. I don't partake, but that is my choice. I only have said something here on the boards before because I don't think it is something we should be bandying about on the internet--if for no other reason than if a federal agent ever chanced accross it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.