main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need a strong anti-AotC bashing policy NOW.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Xio_Jade, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    All your points are valid and I understand where you are coming from, I have run into people who have called Anakin Skywalker names when I first joined, and I will refrain from repeating them.

Please report trolls and bashers to the Mods and Admins. They will take it from there.

JediFalcon

2. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    We need a strong anti-AotC bashing policy NOW.

No we don't.

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Things are fine in the AOTC forum. The title is merely drama for something that's not really there. Here's how I handle it. Feel free to bash AOTC and feel free to gush over it. Do each in a mature and respectful manner, and you'll find I love to read it and it fosters conversation and thinking. If you bash and gush in a way that flames another, the thread gets locked and you get in trouble. The AOTC forum will never turn into a bashing/gushing forum where folks get attacked for their opposing views so long I have any say about it.

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    If anything it makes for the weirdest darn fan site on the net :p

5. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    I wouldn't mind bashers if they weren't so damn arrogant.

6. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    I wouldn't mind bashers if they weren't so damn arrogant

Ah, I do love generalizations. All basher are arrogant! All bashers are trolls! All bashers are evil! All bashers are *insert non-SW movie* fans!

Sigh...I hate to add to drama, but it appears there will be no more use of me participating in this thread. Feel free to wipe out any difference of opinion in the AOTC forum.

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    That's the spirit!
    But keep in mind.
    For everybody who wants to have a variety of opinions, there are those in the basher sanctuary where apparently liking the movie that the forum's about isn't allowed.
    Also, there are also those who wouldn't raise a quip if everybody started going 'ESB is the best, but ANH is right behind it. The others just suck. Well, ok, you can like AotC a little.'
    Some martyrs are only martyrs until they get their own way ;)
    That being said, making it a banable offense to say anything bad about AotC is almost as rediculous as my typing skills! While I think it's stupid of a person to use up valuable time on something they hate with a passion, I don't think it's stupid if I want to post 'I think Obi-Wan's CG flip was awful.' I freakin' loved the movie. It's my favorite movie.
    And that's where the difference lies.
    I've heard some bashers compare bashing TPM to giving constructive criticism to a loved one.
    But whereas my thing about the CG would be 'babe, yer gorgeous, but not perfect.' their's is like 'Babe, you're fat, ugly, have an odd stench about you, I'm embarrased to be seen with you in public, why can't you look like her? See, here, I drew pictures of what you should look like. My gawd can we please get a divorce?'
    Nothin' constructive bout any of that.

8. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
  9. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Isn't the correct title:

I want to eliminate all negative opinions in the AOTC Forum

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I sort of wish this hadn't been bumped because I truly feel that the AotC forum is one of the smoothest runnig forums. We try very hard to encourage debate on both sides - positive and negative. We don't allow gushing or bashing threads. Counter opinions foster creativity. But that forum seems to suffer from this notion it's a problem when in fact there really isn't. I think we've drawn a clear line of what is acceptable and what is not. Folks seem to be mindful and respectful of that.

11. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm glad to see that this thread was actually from some time ago and not from now. I think that the opinion that AotC is a messy forum to deal with hails from the pre-Snowboards days when there used to be frequent flames there. However, the forum has since improved tremendously.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm not a fan of the terms "basher" and "gusher". I prefer the word "fan". We all are fans, otherwise, we wouldn't come here. People should be able to like certain parts of the film, and dislike other parts. I don't like seeing everyone grouped into either "loved everything" or "hated everything". It is possible to get along with and have good discussions with people who you may not agree with.

13. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Sape, I think you're right about not bumping this thread, esp. in light of the thread from a few weeks ago, which generated heat and not light.

Click.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.