main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx We need a T-Shirt

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I'm sorry, Kevin. I didn't know it was a secret. [face_blush]

2. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    No shirt, no Shoes...no Service

So what happens if someone is wearing Only a shirt and shoes! :p

3. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Kevin's idea seems the best so far... It has Star Wars humor, and it reflects the PHX theme.

4. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I would agree but I don't know how many people would pick up on the sillouette of 3PO and R2.

Otherwise I like it.

5. Mexchewy70

Mexchewy70 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    No disrespect intended at all to LP or his idea, especially since I like the guy, but they would probably get it much faster than the PFF: The T-Shirt. MC backtracks I still like the idea but I like the silloette (sp) just a bit more. [face_love]

6. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    So what happens if someone is wearing Only a shirt and shoes!

Now that I would pay to see...

I have an idea and I am working it...however mine, the art work is more of a serious nature rather than humorous...If I can get it sketched this weekend I will have to scan it and send it to someone who can post it...

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I found a great website doing research for t-shirts the other night. They let you design the shirt online, upload your own graphics or use their clip art, and use fonts, including several sci-fi fonts. You can view them against different shirt colors and price them out based on numbers of each size ordered.

I was able to design a great shirt with printing on both sides, 1 color, several logos, and at 20 shirts, it's around 11.00. They have a 14 day turnaround with shipping included in the price.

Here's the link to the shirt I designed the other night, you can use it as a jumping off point or just start from scratch.

RMFF Shirt

8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That looks great!!! The price is right, too!!! :D

9. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I think we have something to start with! :D

10. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I swear I take no offense to any comments made about my suggestion. I'll repeat: It was a joke! LOL... it's funny that people actually liked it though. Thats what makes me laugh. Fear not, the T shirt will not read Phoenix Fan Force; The T Shirt!

LP :D :D :D

11. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    So long as it's not CafePress, it should be fine.

I've heard some horrible things about CafePress' lack of customer service and the like.

12. Mexchewy70

Mexchewy70 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Any more ideas?

13. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Last call. I will create a poll tomorrow morning, if no one else does it first. :)

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I like the look of the shirt the RMFF is going with. Would someone be able to put up some graphics and do a few trial shirts?

I was messing around with their basic stuff on the website, and it seemed very easy. I just don't have the custom graphics to load onto it.

15. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    The drawing I was coming up with was the silhouette of Jedi and Sith in battle with saguaro cactus in the back ground...little more serious like I said.

other idea

"Honor Roll student at Tatooine Jedi Academy?
    front

or

"Instructor Tatooine Jedi Academy"

"Phoenix Fan Force"
    back

and it could look like a Gym shirt with the PFF symbol under

16. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm all for a KISS simple shirt at this stage in the game. I might even be able to get one of these, and I'd like to have it available before the IMAX event.

Could someone post some Rebel/Imperial logos that I could use on CustomInk.com ?

I think the RMFF images look a little "fuzzy". Maybe it's just the way the site shows images, but I'd like to have crisp images, if possible.

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm all for a KISS simple shirt at this stage in the game. I might even be able to get one of these, and I'd like to have it available before the IMAX event.

Could someone post some Rebel/Imperial logos that I could use on CustomInk.com ?

I think the RMFF images look a little "fuzzy". Maybe it's just the way the site shows images, but I'd like to have crisp images, if possible.

18. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Here is the best I could do, without good images

[image=http://customink.com/temp/saveproofs/obey_wann@cox.net/pfftestfront.jpg]

Please send graphics to me at obey_wann@cox.net, and I'll do more test shirts, or you an play around on the site and create your own test shirts.

I did a quote based on 10 Large and 10 XL, and with 1 color front, 1 color back, it is $10.89 each, for a total of $217.80. This is just a test, but it gives us an idea of what to expect.

I'd rather use "cleaner" images, but this gives us an idea of what to expect. I can take .gifs, .jpegs, and AI and other high quality images to upload for the shirt. I'm going to try the images at home of what we used for the banner, to see how it looks.

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Here is a basic 50/50 white shirt for just under $10/shirt.

We could put any image on it, and it would work. This quote is based on 20 XL shirts.

[image=http://customink.com/temp/saveproofs/obey_wann@cox.net/pff2front.jpg]

[image=http://customink.com/temp/saveproofs/obey_wann@cox.net/pff2back.jpg]

(it was a quiet day at work, so I had time to mess around today. ;) )

BTW, I like the shorter web address. I think it'll be easier to print if we keep it to initials. :D

20. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Rather than a dyed white or tan look, is it possible to get an un-dyed hemp look for the basic shirt? I think that'd go best with the desert theme, regardless of the image(s) or message(s) on it.

21. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    ^ They don't have that type of shirt availble at this place. If you can find a place that can do what you want to $11.00 or less, please go ahead and try. :)

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Here is what the RMFF is using:

[image=http://customink.com/temp/saveproofs/admin@rmff.net/rmff1front.jpg]

[image=http://customink.com/temp/saveproofs/admin@rmff.net/rmff1back.jpg]

I like the look of this, but would still rather have a white/natural colored shirt. I have too many black SW shirts. ;)

23. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    I'd prefer black. Is there a way we can do some white with black graphics, and some black with white graphics, so as to appease everyone?

24. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Okay, as per the meeting on Saturday, here's the t-shirt design and logos for now. Remember, this is just for now - if we really just hate 'em, then we'll do different/better stuff next time. :D **ahem**

Black T-shirt (front upper left logo, back large logo)
    [image=http://members.cox.net/kreleia/pff_images/pff_logo_black.jpg] [image=http://members.cox.net/kreleia/pff_images/pff_banner_black.jpg]

White T-shirt
    [image=http://members.cox.net/kreleia/pff_images/pff_logo_white.jpg] [image=http://members.cox.net/kreleia/pff_images/pff_banner_white.jpg]

25. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    yeah! awesome!!! can't wait to get one!!!
    that look so good!

right on kreleia! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.