main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton We need Ideas on what we should put on our ''One Sheet insert'' (Updated with new ONE SHEET)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    We have the basics worked out, but are looking for ideas for a couple of things:

- what type of content to put in there

- whether it should be an "open letter" format or a flyer type format...

It will have to be in black and white, and will have to be on a standard size sheet of paper.

We have the layout basically decided upon...

The logo and "Edmontooine" on the top in large type. And make sure that our web URL is prominent. Maybe the half and half logo on the bottom

So what other ideas do you think we should include.

If you want to try to write some "copy" and post it here, we can use the best of what is provided to make our "One Sheet" for the insert.

We are going to have to have this decided upon by Wednesday of next week at the latest, so that I will have time to get it printed off and photocopied.

The photocopies are going to cost between 30 and 60 dollars or so. I am willing to pay for this up front, if you guys would be willing to bring like 5 bucks with you to the event and reimburse me to help cover the cost of it. I would really appreciate it.

This is a very important step for our FanForce... what we put on this insert will potentially reach over a thousand people on the IMAX weekend, so we gotta make it good!!!! :) Really looking forward to seeing what you all can come up with!!!

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    It needs to be bold and stand out, but not too dark so that some of the features get lost. I think that a basic hybrid of a flyer and a letter should be good. There should be a substantial amount of graphics on the page (but not overwhelming) while at the same time having a basic body of text (larger font rather than smaller) which gives a brief overview of what the Edmonton "Edmontooine" FanForce is about and what we stand for. Also, we definately need the Chapter Logo on the page, and something which stands out as difinitively STAR WARS (suggestion: half-and-half logo).

It would be kind of cool if under our name at the top we could put something like Established or Founded April 2002 or something.

What do we stand for? What is our purpose as a group? What are we trying to do? We should probably answer these questions, or others similar to them in the main body.

3. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey all,

Darth Haggis and I spent a couple hours tonight crunching out ideas for what to put on our FanForce "One Sheet" insert to go into Bantha Tracks #0...

Here is what we came up with so far...

One Sheet poster

YOUR comments/ideas/thoughts are needed to let us know if you like it, hate it, or think something should be changed.

I can't stress enough how important this "One Sheet" is to our FanForce, so let's hear what you have to say!!!!

Indy

4. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Nicely done guys, that looks great. Wow, im impressed.

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I was wondering if we could make a hybrid logo between the two that we have? (The maple leaf and the lightsaber star pattern.) Basically, I'm thinking along the lines of putting the flare behind the maple leaf (kind of how it is at the top) coming out of the sides (but not overwhelming it to the point of obscuring the leaf).

6. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    excellent, it looks great. One thing, how does it look on paper? (It seems like it might be a little cramped into the middle of the page but that's probably just the browser.)

7. Jamaillia

Jamaillia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    Looks good to me.

Jamaillia

8. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I like it guys.... looks great

9. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002