main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need more Star Wars in the UK!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by TheDarthVader, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I know, it will be great to get my fallen anakin outfit on again.

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I really think we should do this.

The Alton Toweres thing, like Parm said, should be easy to put together and cheap enough to get a fair amount of interest. It would be a great spring board towards larger things and if we all enjoy it (and there's no reason we shouldn't) then we could even make it an annual thing.

3. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    ive never been to alton towers but love theme parks... soooo much

4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    You'd love it Orn!

Plus depending on the interest we get, if you can time it for just before the school holidays start then you get nice weather and no queues. That may not be possible if we get some people in college wanting to come though.

5. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    my exams are littered in teh month of June...but if theres a a gap Ill go, sure

6. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    It looks like the Force is strong in Alton Towers. I am perfectly happy to second that idea. As it seems it has the approval of all of us, i guess it would be good to confirm.

Now we have all agreed, we should try and publish a provisional date.

Notice: First FanForceUK Resurrection meet, to be situated at Alton Towers. More details to be released later.

7. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Since people have exams in May/June and it's summer holidays late July/August, how about we say sometime in early July? The weather should be good (by normal British standards anyway) and the queues will hopefully be shorter.

Probably have to make it a weekend to avoid clashes with work and school/college. But queues should still be shorter than they would be mid-summer.

8. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    July it is, we will have to contact Alton Towers and the Star Wars Official Magazine.

9. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    I would probably not recommend July.
    Main reason being that the park is gonna be completely rammed, and the queues are gonna be huge.

It might be an idea to maybe go for the firework specials around halloween? Would give us an excuse to wear costumes hehehehe

10. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    would early july not be good, as people are still at school

11. Parm

Mar 23, 2005
    I went last week, and queued over an hour for the new ride...and that was on a weekday lol.
    The other queues were not bad at all though.

However, we've got to keep in mind that Alton Towers IS the UK's no.1 tourist attraction. It's always busy.

The things we've got to look out for are:
    Prices: We want to go when we can get a good deal, lastminute.com were/are doing a £19 per person deal. Same applies with the hotel, if people are staying, we should track down dates which are discounted.
    Weather: Hard to predict, but in the rain, Alton Towers is simply not right.
    Queues: Ideally, a weekday is a lot quieter when a weekend.

12. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    If we confirm enough people, I am sure The Tussauds Group official broker will give us good ticket/hotel rates.

13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Parm I remember going one morning last year. It was school hols so I thought it would be mega busy. It was raining in the morning but my girlfriend and I went anyway as it was the only day we could. Got there about 11, the rain had stopped and it was a beautiful day. Best of all everyone had stayed away due to the rain in them morning so never queued more than 20mins for anything!

14. Parm

Mar 23, 2005
    They've changed their pricing plans now, they charge £21 per person for a group of over 10, regardless of group size :(

15. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Even if there are loads people, it will all add to our publicity. We will all be in our costumes it will be an interesting spectacle for people to see.

At this moment in time, any publicity we can get will favor our cause very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.