main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need more Troop Builder sets...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by StormChewieJedi, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Just like the Stormtrooper Troop Builder set, we need Clone Trooper set like this, a Jedi Knight set like this, and (possibly) a Bounty Hunter set (possibly)......does anyone else agree with me on any/all of these? Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    If I'm not mistaken I believe the clone trooper and bounty hunter sets are coming. Or it could be just a couple in different poses not 100% sure.

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    yeah,and a jedi one is coming out this year too! :D

4. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    This year we have the following:

A 3-pack of clone troopers (one yellow commander and two white troopers, both posed)

A 4-pack of bounty hunters

A 3-pack of Jedi

and an Imperial 4-pack

Happy hunting!

5. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Sweet I didn't know there were that many. Are they going to be in stores or online only?

6. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    My guess would be in stores.

P.S.
    The bounty hunter pack includes a 300th edition Boba Fett, Bossk, IG-88, and Aurra Sing.

The Jedi pack includes a human, Twilek and Rodian Jedi.

And the Imperial pack is Vader, storm trooper, Imperial astromech and ATST driver.

7. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    1 regular fig=2 Ewok figs, so we could have one thatt had 8 Ewoks!!!

8. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I might have to get the Bounty Hunter set. It's hard to say no to a 300th edition Boba Fett. ;)

9. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    There have also been a Rebel Fleet trooper builder set, an Endor Rebel Soldire troop set, and a Sandtrooper set.

The Sandtrooper set is really good. It's the POTJ Sandtrooper, all cleaned up and with different shoulder pauldrons.

10. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    But I beleive the Sandtrooper set is only available through the Fan Club, is it not?

11. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    i actually wish there were builder sets for most of the imperials/clones that have already been made. it might be good to have the opportunity to get a ton of snowtroopers, tie pilots, speederbike troops, clone pilots and imperial officers to recreate the big scenes with hundreds of massed soldiers.

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Everyone is talking about the Sandtrooper and Endor troop builder sets from the official fanclub site, but I can't find them anywhere! I'm a member of the official fan club and that's where I got my stormtrooper builder set for this Christmas, but I have yet to see anything about the Sandtroopers or Endor troopers. Am I looking in the right place? Can anyone help me out? :(

13. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    At Entertainment Earth the Sandtroopers are available for preorder here:

sandtroopers

The Endor Troopers for preorder here:

Endor Troopers

14. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I believe the Sandtroopers are scheduled for a May release date. We do need more Stormtrooper-type Troop Builder sets. I can understand Stormtroopers, Clones, and Sandtroopers. But a box full of 4 of the same looking rebel soldier just isn't the same.

I guess the next best thing are the sets with accessories and one figure like the Death Star set with DS Commander, Endor set with Biker Scout, Arena Battle set with Battledroid, or Hoth set with Rebel Soldier.

I want a Snowtrooper set, and a Hoth Rebel Soldier set where they all have different head sculpts.

15. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    very good point about the need for different head sculpts in certain cases as opposed to some helmetted figures for which the same head is acceptable, RoG. that's where customizing comes into play, i guess.

16. StormChewieJedi

May 27, 2002
    I'm DEFINATELY getting the Bounty Hunter set if it comes with a 300th ed. Boba Fett....hell yeah

17. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    yeah, that bounty hunter package looks good.

i wouldn't mind a builder set of pilots for the naboo starfighters. the guys in the orange coats that are freed by obi-wan and qui gon jinn would be cool.

18. StormChewieJedi

May 27, 2002
    I think that they should definately have a set of the different species...like, above all, a Wookiee set, and also like a Rodian set or a set of Whiphids.....of course each of the figures would have to be distinguishable from the others in the set.....I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want a set of Wookiees that all had brown fur.....

19. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I think that they should definately have a set of the different species...like, above all, a Wookiee set, and also like a Rodian set or a set of Whiphids.....of course each of the figures would have to be distinguishable from the others in the set.....I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want a set of Wookiees that all had brown fur.....

I for one second that idea! :) I know if they did have those, I would be the first to purchase it.

20. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I'd love to see a Clone Trooper army builder set. I know we're getting the 3 pack and whatnot later this year, but a set of four preview Clone Troopers would be great for those of us who want a Clone army now.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I know what you mean. I just can't get enough Clone Troopers myself.

To enlarge my own Grand Clone Army, I bought one of those 10-piece bootleg sets advertised by RebelScum. Picture here! You get 5 marching Troopers, and 5 fighting troopers. They aren't too articulated, but they're great troop builders.

22. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I'd love to see a Clone Trooper army builder set. I know we're getting the 3 pack and whatnot later this year, but a set of four preview Clone Troopers would be great for those of us who want a Clone army now.

yeah, that would be cool. :cool:

23. StormChewieJedi

May 27, 2002
    I'm thinkin' like a set of "original" Jedi or Sith, like back before the days of Yoda.....I'm talking like Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma in the Sith set, and some of the original Jedi knights, so that I could re-enact some of that good old-fashioned Sith war......but they'd have to be a little bit more detailed, otherwise they wouldn't be quite as special...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.