Speculation we need more women main characters.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by CoolyFett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Now that the franchise is being rebooted & refreshed, I think it would be awesome to see some versatility from the main female characters for the new next generation of films. Disney always does a great job of princess movies & Padme & Leia were great female characters in the first generation of Star Wars films What type of female characters would you like to see feature in these new installments to the universe?
    Count Yubnub and yodasbum like this.
  2. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I see no reason why THE main character can't be a female. Not the damsel. Not the girlfriend. Not the princess. The lead hero.
  3. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Me either & there should be other female characters now that we have a female executive producer. Give more women the chance to showcase their talents in these new generation of films.
  4. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Me either & there should be other female characters now that we have a female executive producer. Give more women the chance to showcase their talents in these new generation of films.
  5. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    This is actually my biggest hope. 1-6 were centered around father and son. I hope the next set of films is centered around female characters. I doubt it, but it would make any new movies more relevant. Not as repetitive.
  6. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    sad to say it but if your in a stars wars chat room ......you just need MORE WOMEN PERIOD
  7. laurethiel1138 Force Ghost

star 4
    Amen to that. Women are capable in all areas, and should be able to carry a film on their shoulders. Especially considering that SW is a well-known franchise, so people will go and see the film anyway, and the risk (if there's any) of such a venture relatively minimal. The crux of the matter being, of course, to make the woman a well-rounded character, regardless of her gender, and the storyline exempt of unfortunate implications (towards men or women, for that matter).

Cheers,
    Lauré :)
    Last edited by laurethiel1138, Oct 31, 2012
  8. junior senator Force Ghost

star 2
    I'd like a powerful woman antagonist.
    StampidHD280pro likes this.
  9. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    And actually, the first thought I had when I heard the news was STAR WARS DISNEY PRINCESS! Honestly. Straight-to-video Ahsoka adventures or something. It wouldn't be so bad.
  10. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I agree that while there are some great female characters, there could be more in the movies. They did a good job bringing in some strong female characters to the EU, hopefully some of that will carry over (if not some of the actual characters) to the new films.
  11. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Maybe Jaina Solo will be the main character? Hope it's Jaina from the NJO and not after.
  12. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    As long as they have gold Bikini's i am all for it!
  13. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Nah, we're reserving them for the men this time. Brave new world, my friend!
  14. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    lol....images in my head i never wanted...ouch....lol
  15. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Look, if you want your villain Luke, he's gotta be in a bikini. What could be more depraved and villainous? ;)
  16. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I support strong females who don't need to strip down to barely nothing.
  17. The Shrike Jedi Master

star 1
    Mara Jade would be an interesting addition. I only read a few of the EU books, so I don't know where they took her character, but she seemed an interesting counter balance to Luke.
    Anakin_Padme4ever likes this.
  18. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The main character in the PT was a girl.
    JediofJade and theonesith like this.
  19. junior senator Force Ghost

star 2
    I would think Mon Mothma would be in this.
  20. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4

well now your just being silly
  21. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    yep i would be very scared of that sith lord.
  22. laurethiel1138 Force Ghost

star 4
    Unless there's some fair trade and women get their share of eye candy. Thor and the Drover (of Australia fame) come to mind...

Cheers,
    Lauré :)
  23. AussieRebel Force Ghost

star 1
    I think there would be room to use some EU female characters (especially Mara Jade and Jaina Solo, and maybe Leia in a dignified political capacity) to great effect. You could retain aspects of character as established by the EU while thrusting them into a completely different and original story line.
    mavjade likes this.
  24. The Shrike Jedi Master

star 1
    Speaking of Leia, I've always imagined a continuation where she gets more in touch with the force.
  25. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Don't be silly. A male protagonist is a default identifiable hero for all audiences. A female protagonist is an indicator of a girls' story.