main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation we need more women main characters.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't mind seeing a female Dark Sider rivaling Ventress in terms of badassery.

Skaddix likes this.
  2. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    The problem with that is that, if you haven't got an equally badass "heroine" counterpart, you run the risk of making your film a shorthand for boys=good and girls=bad. While I don't think the audience is that easily led on, it could create all sorts of Unfortunate Implications that I'd rather the SW films (and EU) avoided. I'd say that Mara Jade is possibly the exception which confirms the rule in that respect.

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

3. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012
    I couldn't back this thread enough. Even as a male I am DYING to see a badass female Jedi onscreen in the realm of Mara Jade. She has to be hot though. Yes, I'm THAT shallow :p It's weird I feel like a vast majority of fans, whether male or female, are all begging for a female Jedi.

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. adraco4

adraco4 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2012
    As long as she is hot and Athletic. Actresses that are too skinny or flabby wont be believable. She will need some muscle tone.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  5. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012
    Why? If the force can empower a little frog creature like Yoda to do things like lift an X-wing with his mind then surely it can empower a hot little pixie-like Jedi to be just as strong. But... I agree with you to a point just as long as she doesn't end up looking like Miss Universe.

6. adraco4

adraco4 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2012
    Like I said, she should look athletic. I agree, I don't want a she-hulk running around either, but there are parts of Jedi training that are physical, so the actress should look like she has done some physical training.

7. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    The Novel JEDI CHICKS all ready did this, seven girls escape the pirate planet with a former Jedi Squire and lean the ways of the force to fight pirates, slavery and the evil princes Polly Palpitine

8. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012

Did you forget to take your pills today?

JainaSoloYJK and LawJedi like this.
  9. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    Says the kid who was not voted one of the top five star wars fan fiction authors by TFN 10 years ago, was not reviewed as having more original star wars heart than the prequels and was not tracked by ILM and Lucas film and was not asked by the girl scouts to speak at a convention on writing sci fi about writing for females and was not told by a published star wars and D&D author that it was to good for fan fiction but to original to be an official star war novel and does not have chick fans

10. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012
    Wow... I basque in the shadow of your glory, all-mighty Geek King.

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  12. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I dont know. But if Luke has any Children, there must be a Mother... of course.
    And for me, its exciting to think about, who could it be.

Maybe her:

Charlotte Gainsbourg
    [​IMG]

Back in the Day when she was a youngster, she would be my first call for an strong female Skywalker Character.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    PK EDIT: Inappropriate Comment

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Agreed. Witchy femme fetale sith lady could be fun, but it's not exactly addressing the idea of female leads in genre movies.

15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    And even if you did include a heroic female counterpart, you still risk falling into "Madona/Whore" territory.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    How about someone akin to a Star Wars Molly Weasley- female, but motherly first and foremost- yet still being extremely badass?

Leia?

17. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Ep. 7 Could revolve around Jabba's wifey seeking revenge on Leia for killing her man slug.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    We've already had Jabba's dad seeking revenge on Leia, in the EU.

19. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    This image alone, of Jaina Solo vs. Jacen Solo gets me so excited, and I would love to see a mirroring battle like this similar to the Vader/Luke batter in ROTJ

[​IMG]

Just look at the emotion in that pic in her face. That would be some awesome to see on-screen.

Kinda looks like that Charlotte Gainsbourg chick, too.

20. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Ugh, oh God please...no. Just no.

I don't need to worry though, as no one would be fool enough to use anything from the EU after ROTJ, as it is all beyond ridiculous.

New story, new cast, new everything.

21. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know if they'll dump everything... but I'd guess anything written in the period after Survivor's Quest or The Young Jedi Knight books is likely doomed. However, that does mean we've got Jaina Solo as a possible character at least (please just dump the stupid 'Sword of the Jedi' title, it's almost as bad as 'the Chosen One').

22. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I didn't say I wanted Jaina and Jacen Solo. I've never read any EU. Just familiar.

I'm saying that is the kind of conflict and fight I'd like to see involving a female hero or Jedi.

23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    There is nothing wrong with Attractive women, hell most women should be attractive, I think the galaxy is bigger than the Jedi & the Sith though. Id love to see Female troopers, female bounty hunters, Female smugglers, Female Republic//Imperial officers

24. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Sounds fine as long as she keeps her clothes on.

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003