main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx We need our own banner!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by darthspino, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    If you go to the Boston, MA forum they have their
    own banner.That's unfair :( Does anyone know how we can get/make one?

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hmmmm... so do New York, and Omaha. Looks like the banners are limited to official FanForce chapters, though. I checked some of the other area boards, and not everyone has their own banner - even some chapters don't.

Looks like you probably have to ask for one, or arrange to set one up through TF.N. Which, we will as soon as we're official - shouldn't be too long now!

Elan-Rai, you know anything more about this?

kreleia ^.^

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Sure do. :) Get whomever is the artisic one and make one yourself. That is what we did. Then, as soon as the group has settled on one, let me know and I will get one of the staff to link to it. Just make sure you have it uploaded somewhere that will accept linking to it. ;)

Hope that helps. Also, if you are having trouble with dimensions and what not, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.

4. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Dimensions would be a big help for designing it. :) Gotta make sure we're doing things right the first time around (instead of deciding a design and then having to revise it 50 times).

I can host the images on my provider's server, actually. Since I pay for my space, there aren't any problems like with Geocities or Tripod blocking images. Once we get our Phoenix FF website put up, we'll move the images there.

So, hey, anyone who's interested in donating a design, do!! Then, we'll vote on which one we all like best! (if we get more than one, that is)

kreleia ^.^

5. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Ok, the main banner is 764x109. The side banner is 31x142. Then the background will be something that replicates depending on how big someone sets their resolution. If you need any more details, I will do my best. :D

6. Rogue_Sith

Rogue_Sith Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    I'd like to help out with the banner, but I want to get some input from everyone first. This way everyone who makes a banner has an idea of what some others would like.
    I.E. - what do we want it to say. Color prefrences, pictures to include, etc.
    Is there any specific format they have to be in, (.jpg, .gif)?

7. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    JPG I do believe. ;)

8. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Rogue_Sith, check out some of the other chapter boards for some inspiration, if you want. ( South Bay, CA, Waco, TX, New York, NY, Pittsburgh, PA, Boston, MA - the list goes on) Some of them have a city-scape (their hometown skyline) silhouette with X-wings and TIE fighters flying overhead, or rebel/imperial logos.

Colors... well, whatever you think evokes Phoenix and Arizona. :) Did you see that absolutely breathtaking sunset last night? That's Arizona to me. Or throw in a cactus or two. Use whatever colors, landscapes or scenes say "Phoenix, Arizona" to you, then sprinkle it with Star Wars.

Or, if all else fails, or you just plain feel like it, throw together a cool SW scene.

kreleia ^.^

EDIT: Wow, I completely danced around the question, didn't I? Here are the colors that I think represent Phoenix, AZ. Of course, since that's the Website design, maybe we should go a different direction... ^^;

9. Rogue_Sith

Oct 24, 2001
    Thanks. I probably won't be able to get it finished til this weekend, but i'll get started finding some pics. Does anyone know of a good place to find landscape/skyline pics?

10. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I'll give it a shot. Some Tatooine images just scream Arizona to me.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Can't wait to see what you all come up with. :D

12. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Bit of inspiration guys, maybe a city skyline sunset and add an extra sun :)

13. Rogue_Sith

Oct 24, 2001
    Well I have a banner done, but I can't find anyplace to store it (stupid geocities). So if you really want to see it e-mail me (doscu@yahoo.com)
    Does anyone know some place I can store/upload them?

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Ask kreleia if she can host it on her site.

15. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
  16. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Just got the banners from Rogue_Sith - I LIKE!!! :) Check 'em out!

Main top banner
    side banner
    Put together (I pasted them together, RS, so everyone could see. I hope that's okay)

kreleia ^.^

17. Rogue_Sith

Oct 24, 2001
    Thanks kreleia! So what do you guys think, and really its okay to not like them just please be constructive about it. :)
    I haven't done the curve cause i'm not really sure how to. Elan-Rai?

18. Darth_Vorpel

Darth_Vorpel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    Well, I think it should say "Phoenix Fanforce" because I like the sound of that. Also, I think it should have fewer photos of characters, and instead have a more streamlined, bolder look (if that makes sense). I am trying to be constructive...I hope you don't take it personally. It's a good start though.

19. Rogue_Sith

Oct 24, 2001
    Thanks Vorpel, thats the kind of critism I need, I actually had the same thoughts that it looked a bit choppy, but like I said this is my first idea.
    So heres my question: should it say "Phoenix Fan Force" or the "Tatooine Jedi Academy"(or whatever it was), or something comepletely different?

20. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Personally I like "Tatooine Jedi Academy" :)

21. Darth_Vorpel

Jul 16, 2001
    How about "Jabba's Palace," and we could put a pic of all of us in costume around good ol' Jabba in his throne room. Or that could just be in the 'Photo Gallery' section. ;)

22. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Hmm, Jabba's Palace... just so long as I don't have to wear a dancing girl costume again... ;)

23. Darth_Vorpel

Jul 16, 2001
    Again? Hey! I want pics! I want pics! ;)

24. Gavin

Gavin Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2001
    I'm a graphic designer so let me know if you need any help. Do they allow animated banners? A GIF or Flash presentation would be nice.

25. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I think, by TFN's request, all banners must be JPG. If you can figure out a way to animate JPG (which I don't think there is) then GO FOR IT!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.