main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need to do another meet :(

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by DarthArsenal6, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I think you may need more than that because I doubt many parents would want their kids meeting strange people off the internet

2. boba_mullins

boba_mullins Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2003
    so whens this mneet then for whoever is going?

3. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    @ Mullins- At the moment, i'm looking to do it on Saturday 11th October. :)

Ok, J is of course, quite right in what she is saying about parents ect...

The following are just ideas, so i am open to suggestions as well from the rest of you.

1- Unlike the usual meet up threads, where someone or myself will post a thread advertising that there will be a meet up at a certain date and place, the Younglings (just a working title Livi :p ) can post details of a meet up after it has happened, in other words they can arrange thier meets off the boards, have the meet, then tell us all about it after the event. Thus aleviating the possibility of any undesirables turning up.

2- None of the elders will attend the meets (because we won't know when or where it will be ect...). Meet ups will be strictly younglings only.

3- I would also suggest that they always take a friend or 2 with them, never attend a meet alone. Or, if possibible, get their parents to drop them off and collect them.

4- If they have taken photos that they want on the website, then that is where Nics idea of a password protected section will work nicely, so that the only people able to view them are the chapter members themselves. The way i see it is, that the people here are sound, it's all the lurkers that i am more concerned about.

As i said, they are only ideas, so please, if anyone can add to, or improve on the above ideas, feel free to do so. :)

One thing i would like some input on, is what the maximum age should actually be for this new group?

@ Livi- We shall have to wait and see if this idea works before we can think about who the assnt CR will be :p But i would really like yours and Twinkys thoughts and ideas for it. :)

4. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    Interesting ideas Yosh, and I'm glad to see someone finally tackling the issue of age, meets and paedophiles [face_laugh]

But seriously, it would be a shame not to meet with the 'Younglings', however parental concern is of highest priority. I don't quite know where to draw the line though, I guess there is no specific age and the situation is relative to the opinion of the parent/guardian.

Just out of interest, how many 'younglings' are there here? This might be worth bringing up in the OFH :)

Your ever caring RSA,

Lukers :D

5. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Not many Lukers, which is partly why i am suggesting the formation of this new group. If everyone agrees it being a sound idea, then i will start to push for new 'Younglings' over in the welcome area just for starters.

There's pleanty of them about, but i feel that beause most of the people who post on this forum are 'older', that they don't feel that they can post here. Hopefully, this idea will change all that. :D

6. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    Fingers crossed mate, it's a good idea and will help for the flood of people we'll get as EP III gets closer. If I can do anything for you then just give us a shout...

If there are enough of them then I might even be able to create them there own forum on the JC with limited access from key members if appropriate.

7. boba_mullins

Jun 22, 2003
    all hail the all-powerful sebulba sloan!

8. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
  9. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Aye, I was going to suggest a hidden forum here for them.

Maybe in the summer sometime we could have a large 'family' event where us older ones and other halves / friends could have a combined meetup with the younglings AND their parents perhaps. A picnic in the park or something? Something sensible to reassure the parents we're not all freaks and lunatics.

10. Sebulba_Sloan

Oct 24, 2002
    It could easily be arranged. I can hide the forum form lurkers and choose who to give access. I like the idea alot, a chapter within a chapter... even getting parents involved would be great.

Plus I've been wanting to create a new board for ages :p

Just give me a list of who the 'younglings' are and I'll take it to the OFH :)

11. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    [image=http://www.thedrawingroom.biz/images/2003/50duck.jpg]

12. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    ^^^
    LOL!

I'll inform Twinky about this, Yosh, Okay?

P.S My mum has read it (I couldn't stop her, sorry!) and thinks that a family meet is a good idea, if that's any help?

13. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes Livi, please do let her know. :)

And yes, it does help knowing what your mum thinks of it. I would like input from parents anyway. On that note, ask your mum what she thinks the maximum age limit should be for this group. :D

And i have a couple of little jobs you can do, as you seem quite keen on this idea. I shall pm you details. :)

LOL @ Moylesy

14. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    *salutes*
    Happy to help Mr Yoshee sir!
    My mum thinks that maybe the age limit should be 16. What do you think?

p.s She's a teacher, and also one of those uber-protective parents who don't like me doing stuff without them knowing every single detail plus maps and drawings. So, any ideas that are fine by her are VERY safe ones!

15. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    LOL :p

16 sounds about right to me, so 16 it shall be. ;)

16. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Huzzah!
    Any more jobs Mr Yoshee sir?

17. Tiniwiel_Skywalker

Tiniwiel_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2002
    Up to and including 16 sounds good to me!

We can meet up,have a little chat,maybe we could even organise outings to laser quest or the cinema and stuff!

18. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Not at the moment Livi, but i'm sure i'll have something for you to do tomorrow :p

Or...you could get me a cup of tea?? :D :p

19. Tiniwiel_Skywalker

Oct 23, 2002
    I'll get the tea!

Do you take lemon or sugar in your tea Mr Yoshee?

20. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    2 sugars please Twinky :p

21. Tiniwiel_Skywalker

Oct 23, 2002
    Yes,my master!

*bows,brings tea to Yoshee*

22. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    //Takes tea and drinks it....

//Passes out....

//Comes round again...

What the hell was in that tea?? :eek:

23. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Twinky's *special* sugar...

24. Tiniwiel_Skywalker

Oct 23, 2002
    Well,I couldn't find any sugar,so I used some chocolate flavoured exlax!

Is that ok?

25. boba_mullins

Jun 22, 2003
    on the tea making front i thought id add my own little addition! at my local football club i was heloing the old guy make the urn of tea for the opposition. he left and i made my own little addition to the tea.....

well i was bursting for the loo......

and id just like to say meeeeeetttttt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.