main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We need to elect a City Rep soon!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    When I sent the e-mail about the Celebration II meeting being a success (for the most part...sorry Reborn) I got an e-mail back saying that we need to make a decision about electing a City Rep.

Now to keep things a democratic as possible, we need to hold a election/poll (like we did for the Fanforce nickname) once we know who is interested in running.

And to have as many people involved as possible I'm proposing the following plan...

...Based on the number of people running for City Rep, we'll have 4 positions available:

2 City Reps (They'll be the primary communication between us and Fanforce.net)

2 Moderators/Assistant City Rep (They'll be in charge of monitoring the posts according to the rules set down by Force.net) Another function of these ACR will be to look after the things if one of the City Reps is away (like the great job Random did while we were away at Celebration II)

Having said that, anyone interested please attach their name to the following list by Sunday (May 12th). There may be a limit based on the number of choices available on a poll (if so there will be a "write in" selection. I'll take the names and start a poll that will be open until the following Sunday (May 19th). And then the top 4 vote-getters will be CR and ACR.

CITY REP CANDIDATES:
    Krash

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Just keep copying and pasting the list, adding your name to it if you want to be in it, like so...

CITY REP CANDIDATES:
    Krash

MODERATOR/ASSISTANT CITY REP CANDIDATES:
    Random

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Shouldn't individuals be nominated for these positions? Why don't we make this simple and have all nominees in one vote. The top two at the end of the vote get city rep. Third and fourth place get assistant rep.

Look Straight Edge, another vote is coming up. Speak your mind now or forever hold your peace.

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I agree with Zod, we just put everybody's name on a poll, most vote getters is City Rep, second most is 2nd City Rep (can we have 2? Everybody else only has one) and so on. And you can add me name to the list. First City Rep, then senator, then Supreme Chancellor, finally Emperor. :p

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I say:
    MODERATOR/ASSISTANT CITY REP CANDIDATES:
    Random(first choice) Mullet(PasJoDacle) as second.

6. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I just had another thought. Wow, two in one day, scary! We probably should not do this with a poll. Due to people having multiple accounts, there is potential for an individual or individuals to "stuff the ballot box" for their favorite candidate. The proper way is one vote per person, not per account. The election should be held at a meeting where everyone who wants to vote can attend

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I think you guys know this, and you can have whatever positions you want, but there is only one City Rep...one blue person if you will. While some other cities have been grandfathered in due to their previous set ups, there is only one City Rep per City forum. City Reps don't have to be the leaders of your group, Indy Knights' president isn't the city rep, but I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page before you finalize elections and what not.

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    While we can only have one city rep, I propose we have the following structure for our Fanforce:

City Rep (deals with informing tf.n about our status)

Forum Moderator(s) (1 or 2)

Head of Public Relations (aka newspaper correspondent to get our name in the paper)

Events Chairpeople (1 or 2)(coordinate events for us such as parties, etc)

President (deals with establishing meetings, "leading" meetings for lack of a better word)

Vice President (assumes President's duties if President cannot make a meeting)

Any thoughts?

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That sounds good Random, I didn't know how many CR we were allowed. Thanks for the heads-up Sebulba-X!

If we break things down like that (the way Random suggested), we're gonna have to have seperate polls for each position? There are 10 selections available on a poll; so we should list whatever positions we are interested in? That way anyone who doesn't want to run doesn't have to.

City Rep:
    Krash

Forum Moderator:

Public Relations:

Event Planning:

President/Vice President(top 2 votes):
    Krash

That way if someone gets elected to another position,the runner-up in that poll gets elected (only one title per person).

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I agree with what Krash has. Some of us don't want to run and the others can pick where you want to. That way there are no hard feelings.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    IF, and this is IF the Council (we should call ourselves that) agrees that we should use this system then I'll run for forum mod. And I suggest we have 2 of these, and 2 event planners, because hosting events can be arduous.

City Rep:
    Krash

Forum Moderator (2):
    Random

Public Relations:

Event Planning (2):

President/Vice President(top 2 votes):
    Krash

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I'll do forum mod as well too, if elected that is.

13. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    Hurry to come up with more offices, that way all members can have a position. We can be just like all the folderol in the gaming board!!!

If you're looking for organization, keep it simple.

1)President: guides the meetings, sets agendas, needs to have ability to stay objective

2)VP: give them a duty such as Public relations/information or SW related info or entertainment at meetings

3/4) ??? I bet that JC MODERATORS would prefer if we found a different title for the office. What additional duties would they perform?

Enough officers so no clique can run things, but few enough that the elections have meaning and can be effictive.

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm not telling anyone how to do anything, but here's the basic rundown of the Indy Knights officiers and what they do...use what you like or toss it all, what you come up with needs to work for your group.

President - Runs the meetings, main contact PR wise, is the final word in everything.

Vice-President - Takes the Pres's spot if unavailable, in charge of the Special Interest Groups (SIG) moderators, & is in charge of gathering food & drinks for meetings.

Secretary - Keeps track of attendance, contact info, and post meeting minutes on the forum.

Treasurer - basic money man...we pass the hat to help pay for the website & food/drinks, s/he sees that those who get the money do.

City-Rep - Main contact between the group and FanForce. Sends meeting announcements to the RSA (Me & 'Femme), post announcements in the city forum, & participates in the City Rep private forum. While it's up to all memebers to report problems, it's expected of the CR's to be a bit proactive in reporting trolls, spammers, and what not.

Webmaster - updates/maintains website & email listserv

SIG Group moderator - Person who reports to the group about their sub-groups activities. For example, the collecting group is going out to hit all the Walmarts this friday, while the book club is reading SOTE, etc.

Now, many groups aren't big enough to need all those offices. Usually when you start out, the CR is the president and that's all you need. It's nice when you can to spread the work out so no one person has too much on their plate. Anyway, hope that helps out, even if just a little bit.

15. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Then we should start with a CR then if we need something else later we can vote later.

16. BobertV123

BobertV123 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    If I might nominate myself (heheh)---I'd love to be/help out in the webmaster area... I've built a bunch of pages--used to help run a star wars web page....

And i've got a bit of free time to do that sort of thing:)

17. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I agree with Padawan92. We are a small group. There is no need for all of those positions right now. Lets elect a city rep who will act as the head of the group, and we'll add more officers as we grow.

I still say we should do this at a meeting rather than a poll.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yes, a meeting is a better place to vote and discuss things...but this is a good place to hammer out all the ideas that you don't want to use in order to make the process at the meeting go a little faster/smoother.

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I agree with Emily and Zod, KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. I think we should just do a City Rep right now. Later we can do a President or whatever we want.

20. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    anybody else think we should have a web site?

21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Yes, all the other FanForces do.

22. Straight_Edge

Straight_Edge Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    The City Rep should be Random.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Alright, let's just focus on City Rep for the time being. I like the idea of our Fanforce structure being called "The Council!" And we should modify Random's idea into something (like what the Indy Knights have) smaller down for the time being.

In fact we should probably have a meeting to go over:
    1-to catch up with everyone from Celebration II!
    2-to get an idea of who wants to run for City Rep

Since everyone is going to be busy May 16th, how about Southpark Foodcourt May 19th (Sunday)?

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Discussing this online is good, but we really need to all get together in-person and dicsuss this as a group. Check out the meeting #4 topic, Sunday May 19th Southpark Foodcourt is where we can hammer out this City Rep deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.