main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We never got to see the "Hardcore Bad Azz" factor in Anakin during the PT.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord-Draco, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Good. So now you said your piece and made your point clear. Well said now lets move on...

You underestimate my power!!!!!!!! Lol Just Kidding lol.

But yeah, George Lucas is a GREAT director, no matter what others say about him. Yes, he is no Peter Jackson, no Speilburg, not Quiten Taratino (Sp?) or directors like that. But he is a unique director in his own way. Its just that I believe that we should have saw more of what Anakin can do when he...."Crosses the line". Once he did in in AOTC with the Sand People, I kinda understood that, and it was great directing to a certain degree and I really didn't care. But once it happened AGAIN in ROTS when Anakin marches into the Jedi Temple and then it just cutted away to Obi-Wan I was royally pissed. Again, not saying that we should have had 10 min of fighting from Anakin, no not saying that (Even though I wouldn't mind ;) ), I'm just saying that there could have been 20-60 extra seconds added in to capture the catastrophe that was going on.

Am I saying that GL screwed up by doing this? No, but I am saying that he held back of what could have been one of the greater scenes in the entire Saga alone.

2. ArthurClavin

ArthurClavin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 23, 2003
    Anakin's brutal actions have the same kind of hidden, unseen quality as all the supposed suffering the Naboo people went through in TPM. The closest we get to Anakin's genuinely dag-nasty evil is his work in the Mustafar conference room. But I'm confident GL made the decision to show this because he wanted to make sharp contrast between the simultaneously occurring speech by Palpatine to further underline the hypocrisy.

Prolonged scenes of realistic suffering and death occurring to humans (or very quaint human-like characters as the sand people) don't seem to fit into the Star Wars style. It's always implied or overly cartoonish.

---

And as for the recent Strilo/Lord-Draco throw-down. That "ignorance overshadowing your knowledge" line was obviously a hook for a more refined and non-flaming response. Get over it.

AC

3. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Yeah, that is true. But you have to admit, that ROTS in general went into realms that weren't "Star Wars Style". And I mean a lot of things in general. Like the music that was being played in ROTS when Anakin/Padme were "looking" at each other through the windows. That music sounds like something that would be in....Lord of the Rings or something. A lot of the camera work/positions/angles were unique in ROTS. The dream sequences that Anakin had in ROTS weren't really Star Wars type style. In a lot of ways George Lucas really went out of his way to take chances with ROTS, things he never did or would have thought of doing in any of the previous 5 installments.

But what you say does hold truth to it.

4. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005

You underestimate my power!!!!!!!! Lol Just Kidding lol.

But yeah, George Lucas is a GREAT director, no matter what others say about him. Yes, he is no Peter Jackson, no Speilburg, not Quiten Taratino (Sp?) or directors like that. But he is a unique director in his own way. Its just that I believe that we should have saw more of what Anakin can do when he...."Crosses the line". Once he did in in AOTC with the Sand People, I kinda understood that, and it was great directing to a certain degree and I really didn't care. But once it happened AGAIN in ROTS when Anakin marches into the Jedi Temple and then it just cutted away to Obi-Wan I was royally pissed. Again, not saying that we should have had 10 min of fighting from Anakin, no not saying that (Even though I wouldn't mind wink ), I'm just saying that there could have been 20-60 extra seconds added in to capture the catastrophe that was going on.

Am I saying that GL screwed up by doing this? No, but I am saying that he held back of what could have been one of the greater scenes in the entire Saga alone.

It is your opinion that he is no Peter Jackson, Spielburg or Quiten. I for one think that GL's work on Star Wars is 100*s better that any of Peter Jacksons work.

5. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Exactly. But I really didn't mean to imply that GL is inferior to those, no. I just mentioned them because its those directors that people like to refer to when it comes to "Great directing". And I was trying to imply that while GL is never mentioned up there with them, it doesn't mean that his working isn't equally good or even BETTER in some regards.

6. Sabertrader

Sabertrader Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    I love all six films (some more than others, but they are all great), but I for one would have loved it if George and Steven Spielberg had collaborated for the prequels, with Steven more on the reins as director, and GL as hands-on producer, and Rick M as third in charge :)

But I digress.

Back to topic again, I would exchange any additional Tusken/AOTC footage for Jedi Temple footage. Come on...I think most of us with a heart and more than a passing interest in Star Wars welled up during the Order 66 part. Imagine the power of showing Anakin taking part like we know he did, with that sad music swelling in the background? It would have been incredible.

Man, it's fun to armchair edit/direct, innit? ;)

7. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    Vader was pretty badazz when he killed Nute Gunray and company. They have been pathetic losers but he showed his rage and hated in those scenes - I don't think he minded one bit killing Nute. Probably enjoyed it after what he had tried to do to Padmé.

8. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    The Clone Wars cartoons show a bad azz(???) Anakin. Perhaps you should check that out. :)

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    In theory that isn't the idea, moderators is just supposed to uphold the rules and laws of a forum

Which includes not insulting people. It's one of the basics. Pretty much everyone I know consideres ignorant an insult.

10. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    You know what, you bring up and interesting point, something that I never thought of. Order 66 is BY FAR THE greatest moment in the Star Wars saga. Why? Because of the emotional effect that was shown. No GL didn't start off by showing some clones shooting at Jedi and then cut back to Obi-Wan or Anakin or anything like that and just leaving the rest to our imagination. No, GL showed every bit of it. And what was the end result? One of the greater moments in the Star Wars Saga. Now I'm not saying that the Tusken/Jedi Purge scenes would have been the same, but they would have had the same level of effect. Just imagine during the Tusken scene had it been a bit longer. With the right camera work, right music, and right performance by Hayden. That scene would have been really great.

Lol, that doesn't count. EVERYONE was badazz in that Cartoon. Remember the Mace Windu episode? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.