main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We saw it!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by MasterJediShake, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterJediShake

MasterJediShake Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    HUge props to swamp wicket and jamie for holding the line. The movie was awesome.

I know i told a few people about this.

Leeroy Jenkins

http://www.plaguelands.com/krones/Movies/leeroyjenkins.wmv

2. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Excellent movie! A great time was had by all. Thanks guys for holding the line for all of us. Time for sleep and another showing in the morning!

3. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    it was awsom .loved it.we got to get together sometime and talk about it.it was grait to see all of yall.well time to get to bes so i can get up and see it agine.

4. Mando_Ithorian

Mando_Ithorian Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Very satisfied with it all. This was worth the wait (28 years)!

Was nice hanging out beforehand at the Carmike, although part of my brain is disappointed that there is now not another film to look forward to. . . I've never had that feeling before. :confused:

5. acidblue0

acidblue0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2002
    Yes my six year old is still talking about it. I would really like to see a TV series Star Wars! Base it between Episode 3 and 4.

6. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Saw it twice yesterday, once at midnight and again in the afternoon. Very awesome!! Can't wait until this weekend - I'll be going again! There were a handful of people in costume (myself included) and it was great meeting Skye. Pictures will be on my site soon.

7. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    It was great meeting you, too, SSDE! I had a really awesome time!! :D I wish we could do it again!

8. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    I just read that Episode III had the best opening day in history. The first feature at midnight did a little over $16 million by itself, and the movie did a total of $50 million for the whole day Thursday. Almost $3 million more than the previous record holder Shrek 2. Maybe this one will be the one to finally sink that movie about that ship that sunk back in the early 1900's. Hehehe.

9. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    Seen it today. Pretty good, I reckon.

10. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I loved it! So much the film I wanted it to be.

The next day, Thursday @ 11:30 AM Darth_Guido, his wife and little jedi went to see it again. Even better the second time.

I am almost finished reading Labyrinth of Evil, then will go see it tonight or tomorrow afternoon (Sunday).

Anyone want to go?

11. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Leeroy Jenkins! ! !

Stupid as hell, but at least he is not chicken. Loved it!

12. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    What did you think of Labyrinth of Evil, Swamp? I read that book twice. We get see "that business on Cato Nemoidia" that "didn't count." :D

I'm planning to going to Lafayette to see ROTS again next weekend sometime. (Anyone want to go?) I want to see it on a decent screen. Went to see it in Morgan City last night (my second time) and I got frustrated because the picture was so out of focus! Oh well. I really wish we had a digital theater around here! Can't wait for the DVD--then I'll be able to watch it on my mom's high definition TV. Though the picture at the Rave was so huge. It was like you were flying with Obi-Wan and Anakin in the beginning. Too cool!

13. Clone_Pilot

Clone_Pilot Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    You know, come to think of it, the screen I saw it at Thursday at the Grand seemed outof focus too. Maybe it was because I was in the fifth or sixth row but it should not have been that bad. Anyway, I'm defintely going to see it again, tomorrow (Sunday) maybe. That way I'll count toward the opening weekend total.

14. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I really wish we had a digital theater around here!.

I do too. It's hard to believe Arkansas has one, but LA doesn't. Heck, Alabama has two.

I am up for multiple viewings in Baton Rouge, just let me know when and where.

15. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Well, I waited to long to get tickets to go to a good theater but was lucky enough to get tickets for the midnight opening showing at the Citi-place in BR. Darth Picard and myself both enjoyed it. I saw it again Sunday afternoon with my wife and wouldnt you know it; NOW she wants to watch them all in order! EP1- EP2- to the theater again for EP3- then 4,5,and 6. Shes seen the others B4 but never got into it the way I am. She is finally coming around. THANK GOD !!

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Lucas rocks!

17. Fallen_Knight

Fallen_Knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2003
    I am just in aw. I saw it with my brother sunday night and it deffinately left me speechless. Swampsurfer I wish i would have known ahead of time that you were going to watch it sunday, then we would have went and met you. I do want to apoligise for not getting together with all of the council members before the release and even for the sneak peek.

18. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    dude i was in the daily advocate (baton rouge paper)
    look at this pic thank you andre for letting me use your lightsaber.

19. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I have seen it 3 times so far and it just gets better and better with each viewing!

I think one of the most powerful moments in the show is Spoilers don't read:

When Anakin is actually crying after the Mustafar incident. Man that was great!

20. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I agree, "... but you were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring balance to the dark side, not give in to it and destroy everything."

"I hate you!"

21. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    Congrats on getting your pic in the news, Wicket!! Great shot :D

I'll be going see it for the third time in Lafayette this weekend!!! :)

22. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Did anyone feel it was a little rushed?

23. NightForce

NightForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    Yes Jedi I agree! Since this is (supposedly) Lucas' last entry of the SW saga then he could have gone to 3 hours. What do you all think?

24. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Most definately.

25. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    I would have loved it if the movie were three hours!! The ending doesn't really seem rushed to me, though. 'Course I've only seen it twice. (Tomorrow I will be seeing it a third time.) I'm still finding the Easter Eggs in it. Time will tell. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.