main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon We should have a pool about whether or not it'll snow this year.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DeadAsADoorNailbiter, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadAsADoorNailbiter

DeadAsADoorNailbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    It seems really cold already and I think it will. When and where? No idea...what do you think?

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    It will snow, soon, and often, I think anyway.

It could have snowed already, but we are fortunate that the skies were clear when the temperatures were low, hehe.

In the last few days of October, at night the temperature reached as low as 22 to 25 degrees, which is in fact a record low for Oregon. The previous record of 25 was set in October of 1971 according to the Weather Channel Website. This year, then, is the coldest in many, many decades. This doesn't mean anything about the cold being over or this being a fluke. This is a trend. It will be like this all winter. Very cold, and probably very harsh in general.

I'd imagine we'll see snow before the end of November, perhaps just a pathetic amount that never sticks to the ground, or perhaps just freezing rain, but that is my guess. By the end of December, we'll definitely have had snow I think.

Trust me, I hope I am wrong. I walk to class. Every day. Sometimes twice. It's about 0.60 miles to my first class M-W-F, maybe even more, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays it is more like a one mile walk. That's not including all of the walking around I do to get my lunch, then, and get to my other classes, and get back home. I figure in any given day I walk between 2 and 4 miles. It has, on occassion, been even more. One time I walked to campus back and forth THREE times in a single day and that was probably a 6 mile day overall.

I don't much care for the cold, then, and I like the rain and snow even less. Give me snow over rain, though. Hell yeah. I don't need an umbrella for snow. I do for rain.

3. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    From what I've heard about the Farmer's Almanac, I'm not expecting snow. If it's not snowing in North Dakota, it's not snowing here.

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Well, we never go a year without snow here. It may not snow MUCH, but it ALWAYS snows in Portland at least once.

5. Amphibian

Amphibian Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2002
    It will snow, but like always it'll be wet and gone in a day. I love the snow... mmmmmmmmmm snooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah, you are right, it's almost always gone in a day or it just never sticks at all...

I hate rain, it's so miserable. We've had some downright awful weather lately while it has been a record 80+ and sunny in San Diego and Los Angeles lately or something, my god.

Anyway I would far prefer snow to rain, snow is really cool and can be quite beautiful, but rain is reary, depressing, and pitiful. The argument that it keeps things looking green doesn't work on me. Things are plenty green in Los Angeles too, it's called SPRINKLERS, lol. They just take our water and power from Oregon and use it down there in Los Angeles. SCUM! :)

7. Amphibian

Amphibian Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2002
    Yeah! What is it about Californians? They all wanna move up here, and those who don't use all OUR electricity. The one good thing about the weather here is that it starts to get to them and they end up killing themselves. Californians... HA!

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    LOL, that was funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.