main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

We should have an official FanForce chapter here in Lincoln!

Discussion in 'Lincoln, NE' started by Talon Squad Leader, Apr 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    So... is anybody still here this summer?

2. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I am in Omaha for the summer. :D

3. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Just wondering. This place really died!

4. klecser

klecser Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2001
    Hmmm..I don't know if anyone still reads this but I'd like to get a Lincoln fan Force going. I've been trying to get a SW role-playign group together in Lincoln for some time now. But if no one here is interested in that it would be cool just to hang out and talk SW.

I don't think SW Triv Pursuit is a good idea without special rules. Generally every SW fan I know can sweep the board on one turn. That is unless they get the one dreaded question: "Who played Bib Fortuna?"

5. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    You guys could come to Omaha and be part of our club!! The more the merrier!!! 8-}

6. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yeah, except we'd have to drive up there 8-}

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I still want to have the fanforce group! Bib Fortuna? Wasn't it Michael something? :)

I have Episode 1 trivial pursuit, (an add on to the classic trilogy game) and I haven't played it yet. I've been saving it for something special (its not avail in stores-got it through someone on an e-mail list I am on.)

8. klecser

klecser Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm going to the July 10th Omaha FF meeting. If anyone from Lincoln wants a ride just let me know...I'll be leaving probably around 5PM.

Dahan (a poster on the Omaha boards) and I will be presenting my SW RPG campaign for anyone interested in joining.

9. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I have an idea! We should all meet to see Ep 2 together. Yeah, it's a ways off, but it's something to think about :)

10. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Heh, sounds good. If I am around during Eppy II I will surely be there.

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    i like the idea.....just wish the Old Stuart Theatre downtown was still showing movies, but they closed it at least a year ago. At least I saw Star Wars Special Edition there and Episode 1 there (my third showing of Episode 1).

What about planning to wait in line and stuff, too?
    I have the board games (trivial pursuit), so we'd have that to play while waiting.

12. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Good idea, Liz :)

13. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey Lincoln-ites!

Whatever happened to this idea? Let me know if you want to start meetings and have me post them for you.

Erica

14. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    The idea is still here, we just need to get started.

C'mon ppl! Let's do something :D

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    we would need to be able to find a meeting place. We'd also need to probably put together a web site eventually.

We need to get this done before May! I want to go w/ *real* Star Wars fans and not have to drag my dad and brother like I did for Episode 1. :)

Plus, if we could form a fanforce, we could arrange a ticket waiting in line thing in shifts. If there were enough of us, that is.

16. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Start out small...all decide on a movie to see together or something of that nature. Let the website come later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.