main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT We underestimate Obi Wan's power!!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Feb 14, 2016.

1. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    Before I start, I would like to point out that Obi Wan is my favorite Jedi and character in the whole franchise, so my opinion could be a little bias. But I disagree when people say that Obi Wan was really weak. In the fight of Dooku vs Obi Wan and Ani in AOTC, they both get defeated. And I can see why, Ani and Obi Wan were both weak in that movie. But I think ROTS Obi Wan was way stronger. In the fight between Obi Wan and Ani vs Dooku in ROTS, Obi Wan gets knocked out and Anakin ends up killing Dooku. But when you think about it, it states in the novel that Sidious had told Dooku to go easy and focus on Anakin, not Obi Wan. The point of the fight was to convert Anakin to the dark side. So everytime that Dooku force pushed Obi Wan away, it's to get Anakin alone in the fight. Doesn't mean that Obi Wan was weak. As I explained here:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-fight-between-dooku-and-obi-wan-explained.50038317/

I think Obi Wan was (probably) as good as Dooku. Also to point out, Sidious told Dooku to hold back, so I'm not so sure Anakin beat Dooku fair and square. Like I said, Obi Wan IS my favorite character so my opinion could be a bit bias. But what's your opinion?

2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Obi wan Lover? Oh you'd fit riiiight in the social thread...

3. Torib

Torib Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2016
    I think Obi Wan is a clever duelist. Two of his three big victories come from what appear to be flukes, where he desperately grabs a weapon from a position of apparent weakness to deliver a surprise killing blow. But is he just lucky in both of those situations? Obi Wan himself doesn't think so based on his views on luck in ANH. His only real losses are against Dooku. Perhaps it's because Dooku is Obi Wan's teacher's teacher. Or that Obi Wan's skill is more in his skillful swordplay than the raw strength of his force powers, which puts him at a disadvantage against Dooku's powerful force abilities.

4. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016

HUSH BEFORE APRIL MAY JUNE FINDS THIS OUT!

5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Well weak is a relative term, you don't get a cushy seat on the Council and the title of Jedi Master for nothing. But relative to the likes of Anakin, Mace Windu, Yoda etc. then I still think Obi-Wan doesn't really measure up in terms of raw power, but nor does he need to. He's all about the smart application of power rather than brute force and that's what sets him apart and makes him great. He'll get the job done and save the innocent and forgo personal glory and be perfectly alright with that.

To use an analogy: confronted with a hypothetical locked door with no key and only the force to help, Anakin blows it off it's hinges, Obi-Wan simply unlocks it. Simple, understated and neat.

Valairy Scot and Storm_Cloud like this.