main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We Want Bubba's Reviews! (no really...)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AniPadmeLurker, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey! Don't just stop your reviews page and not make another one! I promise not to Haskett this one..but I can't speak for the others!

I have a review to start out with..although most of you already reviewed it. Serenity. What an awesome movie. It was smart, funny, dramatic...I loved it. It's not the "new starwars" like the ads say (nothing can ever be the new star wars) but its really cool. Now i must go watch the series!

Let the reviews continue![face_dancing]

*Look forward to Bubba's Reviews Strike Back!*

2. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I think Lost is still the best prime time show, ABC has on this season. So many secrets... they really lock you in. Hot chicks too.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I rented The Amityville Horror and watched it last night in hopes to get scared and it wasn't scary at all. I then watched Robots and thought it was really dumb. It had too many jokes that will only work if you get the reference and it won't hold up to time.

4. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    The only thing funny in Robots is it's veiled references to the disney company. Yep. That's it. I only went to see the trailer for Ep. 3.

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I cry...because I like Robots! What's with you people? It's cute! :(

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry ES, my problem was with the current pop references. Ex 1. When Robin Williams Robot starts doing Britney Spears. 10 years from now no one will get that references. Also when he did the Ricola thing. Those things will date a movie and should be left out in my opinion.

7. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh, see I don't care about Robin Williams's shtick, I like the story and the characters. (plus Rodney looks like Ewan and on the whole is SO cute!)

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Can I borrow someone's ROBOTS? I fell asleep during that movie. I also fell asleep during Batman Begins, so if someone's buying that tomorrow, can I borrow it too? I'm becoming really cheap.

I saw Two for the Money this past Friday. I thought it was pretty good. I would recommend it.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I saw Two for the Money. I liked it. I will be buying Batman this week. How could you fall asleep in that movie? I saw the midnight showing and was able to stay up. Though I admit I was pretty tired.

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I plan to purchase Batman Begins also. I agree with SR, that it is impossible to fall asleep during that movie. [face_love] JR, you can borrow BB after you return Monty Python.

ES, I also enjoyed Robots for the same reason. I meant to see Valiant for the same reason but did not have a chance.

People, go out and watch Serenity. It fell off the top 10 this past weekend.

11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I am in heaven with my Quantum Leap dvd sets. I am in the middle of the third season, and am still in awe of the writing and acting on that show!

Theorizing that time travel is possible in one's own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap Accelerator...and vanished!

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Quantum Leap was a great series.

I just finished "Eragon" (I know, I'm way behind) and I liked it. I think Chris what's-his-name (Paolini?) is a very creative young man. It's very much like the LOTR series in a lot of ways with a bit of Star Wars (theme) thrown in.

13. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    I loved that show, that and star trek next generation were two shows i would watch with my dad when i was a kid.

Unfortunately the only thing I really got from Star Trek was the guy from Reading Rainbow was on it and he had funny sunglasses...

(those funny sunglasses are on sale at the star trek exhibit in las vegas)

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I recently saw "The Quiet American" and "The Horse Whisperer". Both were very good movies (I know I'm really behind). I was disappointed with parts of the "THW" but overall it was good. I also remember thinking that Brendon Frasier should not be in serious roles but he was surprisingly good. Michael Caine was, as always, excellent.

15. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Bought the Firefly dvds. Pretty good for a cancelled series.

now I have to go back and watch the movie again.

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    WTH? 'Pretty good'?!?! That show is awesome! Have you seen the Hero of Canton episode yet?

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I also have to agree with CBM. They were more than pretty good. I have to thank JT for getting me interested in watching them and SR for giving me the opportunity to watch them. The episode CBM is referring to is called "Jaynestown". I found Sean Maher to be super dreamy in that show.

18. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I saw Chicken Little last night here's the review;

The movie was so cute. If you don't like cute characters (ie: Boo from Monsters inc, Stitch etc...) don't bother.
    Surprisingly a lot of adult humor in it, not too adult though. Lots of pop culture reference. Indiana Jones is referenced, disney etc...

The characters themselves were the best part of the movie. A few of gthe background characters, one named "fish out of the bowl" and "kirby" are the funniest/cutest part.

Chicken Little is darling.

Don't get me wrong, it is funny, but a lot of the kids in the theatre weren't laughing, I think it was too grown up for them. But anyway it's a nice movie. Go see it.

Any Questions?

(oh and Zach braff's voice was hot even as a chicken)

19. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    repeat, just cause...

My Review to Wal-Mart Extra DVD
    Ummm... it was ok, on 1-10, I give it a 5. Basically, told the recap of Ep. I, II, then 4-6. They intentionally said nada about Ep. III. C3PO mentions Anakin turning into Vader, but R2 cuts him off.

Overall, the DVD is the price of one pint of beer. It was worth it, but NOTHING to change the world. It was kind of lame. I confess.

I am kind of tipsy, but if anyone wants to borrow it, I can loan it. Or, will illegally copy/ pirate...etc. the copy for anyone who has cross two states lines with me. (i.e: two states past California. ) Or anyone Bubba has sneezed on.

Other things that totally SUCKED:

Ring II
    Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy
    Maire Callendars in Glendale

Things that don't Suck: Kung-Fu Hustle.

Things that only kind of suck: property taxes.

20. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I went to Wal-Mart today because it was the first chance I'd had to go get ROTS, and I wanted that particular deal, but IT WAS OVER!! No more extra DVD! I was so mad, because Wal-Mart is pretty much out of my way... [face_frustrated]

Yes, D-B, I'd like a copy, if it's even possible to make one...

On the bright side, I bought some of that Star Wars fabric. Don't know what I'll make out of it though...

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    kung fu hustle rocks

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I saw Jarhead over the weekend. I liked it, and not just becuase Jake Gyllenhaal was in it. I think it gave a good perspective of what goes on in the mind of someone during war.

23. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey CBM, DH, sorry I didn't catch your post before.

I adore Firefly now. It's awesome, but it had to grow on me you know? I love Wash...too bad about him though..

I liked it so much I saw it again this weekend...you know in Vegas where I can't do anything but watch movies and go to crappy arcades.

July...july...july...

"I am a leaf on the wind...watch me-"

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I want to see Jarhead and Chicken Little. I haven't had much time to do anything these days though.

25. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Def Leopard/ Bryan Adams

Irvine Meadows, or whatever they call it now.
    Missed Bryan Adams. DL played for 90 minutes. Mostly old stuff.

Good show, but a Motley Cruss or Kiss, it was not. They still rock, 25 years later Had third row seats, that was cool. Next show: Bon Jovi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.