main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We Want Bubba's Reviews! (no really...)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AniPadmeLurker, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    SR--I made some noise aloud too when that elevator thing happened. Man, did ANYONE live through that movie?

Sis and I watched the used '95 vhs of ANH last night with the bad captions on. When R2 wanted to go with 3PO & Luke (before the "bad motivater" part happened) he whines, and the captions say, creak creak. CREAK?! Hahahaha.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    My wife and I really like Harry Potter: OotP! I know most of you didn't like it, and it's probably because you read the books and were expecting waay to much than what they can cram into a 2 hour movie. From my standpoint, a not-a-huge HP fan who's read none of the books, it was a good movie. It's a lot darker than the other films, and I felt that they were finally getting into the real story of Harry Potter. They started getting into it in the 3rd movie, and a bit more in the 4th one, but this one took a bigger jump. I liked the fact that we were getting more into Harry's head and finding out more about Voldemort. I was glad that there weren't any games going on and no Dobby the House Elf. I would go so far as to say that this is my favorite one so far.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    But Weasley is our King! I would have liked to see Ron as the Keeper or even him returning from the victorious last Quidditch match winning despite the lack of Ron and Hermione in the stands. That always cracks me up! It's kind of the like the very old Hardy Boys tv series (okay, my sister had a crush on Parker Stevenson) and every time Joe (Shaun Cassidy) got up to sing Frank (Parker) would take off.

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Yes, I noticed, and was disappointed that there were no Quidditch scenes in the movie at all. I couldn't remember if there were any in the book since I read it 2-3 years ago. (How times flies! Like a nimbus 2000, really.)

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    LOl slashiness. Harry Potter was good times. A friend asked me how I would rate it with Goblet of Fire and I'd say Goblet was better, but Pheonix is as good as the others.

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    DH, you accidentally said "lack of Ron and Hermione in the stands" instead of *Harry* and Hermione.

JR, it's not that I don't *like* it...it's like how I like the prequels. I like them (even kinda love in some ways), but of course they're no Original Trilogy. Does that make sense? :)

7. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Actually makes complete sense to me since eventhough I got to see it at 12:01 Chinese this was my least favorite.[face_thinking]

8. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Wonder if it is a Sony title??!! :D

9. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    EDIT -- this post turned up in the wrong thread?? What is going on with the boards today...I'm getting error messages left and right, and half the time can't post at all!!! [face_hypnotized]

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Edit -- the boards are acting a little wonky today: not letting me quote or post sometimes, other times post showing twice! 8-}

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry, ES. You are of course right. I guess I'm too used to thinking of Ron and Hermione and not Harry and Hermione.

12. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Movies APL is looking forward to:
    Hairspray
    Sunshine (Really wanna see this first)
    Joshua
    Becoming Jane (this one is a biggie too)

13. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm hoping to see The Simpsons movie when it comes out. Might arrange another get-together for that. You never know.;)

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    APL,

I've only heard of Hairspray. What are the other three?

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Sunshine I'm on the fence about. Cillian Murphy scares me. He is just so creepy looking. Did anyone see him in Red Eye? Shivers.

Though it is Sci/fi so I'm sure I'll see it eventually if not in the theaters than as a rental.

Hairspray, rental for sure for me.

Joshua, also rental and talk about creep. That little boy makes is like "The Omen" all over again.

VK2, a good place to see upcoming movie trailers is the Apple.com site. Rotten Tomatoes.com is good for reviews. And Ain't It Cool News is great for underground gossip on things. Start with those three places for any movie news/information/trailers.

16. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Sunshine looks flippin awesome. I saw the trailer a while back and said: Heck yes! Cillian Murphy is a little on the creepy side, I'm thinking like his character in Batman, but he's not too bad.

Hairspray and Joshua can wait, but it'd be nice to see them.

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw the Simpson's Movie last night. I liked it, it was pretty funny. It was just like a long TV program, with a few added surprises.

18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I saw it last Thursday... and I'd agree, it was pretty good, and basically did just feel like a long episode.

19. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I heard not so good reviews.

20. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I liked the Simpsons Movie. It was the usual humor on the tv show and it even poked fun at itself a few times. It was a really fun and hilarious 90 minutes.

21. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I forgot to mention that I saw it on Saturday as well. I loved it, but it definitely needed more Spiderpig.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oDNkLM2aK-g

22. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Got to see Sunshine, and it was great. Fantastic even. Kind of a downer, but the effects were nice, the story and actors were as well. Very good sci fi flick.

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    After you mentioned Sunshine I read a little about it. Looks like one I want to see, too.
    I also want to see Stardust.

24. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Ugh. Stardust looks awful to me. It looks like a bunch of action and romance scenes just spliced together to make a barely-cohesive story. You can see it if you want, but I'm not going to.

25. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Well Stardust, to me, looks like it's going one of two ways. Either surprisingly fantastic, or absolute nonsense. I'm voting for the second as well, but I'll still give it a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.