main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We Want Bubba's Reviews! (no really...)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AniPadmeLurker, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I want to see Superbad but I can't take my padawan. I may try to sneak out to see it. I also want to see the Last Legion.

2. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Cherie sent me this link - hilarious 'save yourself the time' recap of Trek:Nemesis (which thank heavens I didn't ever see, especially now after reading this)... Loved especially: "All this 'I must face him alone' parc -- what are you, a Jedi Knight?"

Warning: Naughty words abound gleefully in this thing...

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Nemesis/Pictorial-1.html

Mary-SPJ

3. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    And yes, she's supposed to be WORKING right now over at Singing Bee, but now she's sent this - be sure to check out the different comicbook galleries... the Wonder Woman stuff alone is worth the visit!

Again, some naughty words and themes (largely due to the subject matter, not the commentary)...

http://www.superdickery.com/galleries.html

Mary-SPJ

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    SPJ,
    Thanks for the link. That was hilarious!!!! I always thought that Nemesis was a really boring, complete contrived film that shamed all Star Trek movies before it, well except of Final Frontier - but did you really expect a movie written and directed by William Shatner to be comprehensible? [face_laugh]

5. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Cherie's got a great bit for Trek V -- remember the teaser one-sheets for that which showed an empty theater seat with a shoulder belt, and the exciting line (paraphrased), "The reason why theaters are installing seatbelts this summer!" -- her reply to all within earshot "To prevent people from leaving!!!!" Trek V:::Shudder:::...

Mary-SPJ

6. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Great Link SPJ and important safety tip never let the Kirk Direct it is Illogical. I think ST V was the only movie that I came in to the theather a Jedi and left a Sith(man it pissed me off. I think there is some truth about the safety belts.[face_laugh]

7. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007

Are you surprised? It's a fact that her creator was totally into bondage.

8. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, I finally saw Snakes on a Plane. Mace Windu notwithstanding, damn, I'm glad I didn't spend money to see it in the theatre! What a silly movie! But, kinda fun, since I didn't spend extra money on it.

9. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I took my Dad to see it, only because of Sam Jackson. My Dad still won't let me forget what a waste of money and time it was...

10. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Geez, you guys -- did you actually go in EXPECTING it to be anything but horrible? We thoroughly enjoyed it because we knew it was going to be horrific. Like Trek V, for this I paid good money darn well expecting to see the worst film of the year, and I got every penny's worth!

Mary-SPJ

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Actually, that's exactly why I never bothered to spend good money to see it in a theatre.

12. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I saw Balls of Fury yesterday. It had a lot of pretty funny parts, but it was a little too stupid for me to say "I loved it". So...I say it's *okay*.

We wanted to see Superbad more but it was 5 min too late. They also had the Simpsons movie, which I still haven't seen. What's with the end of the summer and comedies??

13. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    here you go. watch the Simpsons movie at home for free like I did this morning.
    So glad I didn't pay to see it now.
    http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/4/6485

14. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Oh Man it is on the Link, I didn't see it thanks WB, I just watched ATHF the movie the other day and I found out that Superbad is also on the Link.:cool:

15. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I saw Stardust on Saturday, and, while it was a decent movie, I found it a tad predictable. I'm glad my friend persuaded me to see it, but I'd much rather just see Transformers or Simpons Movie again.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I watched "Bride and Prejudice" last weekend and I liked it. Sure, it was really influenced by the Bollywood films but it was entertaining.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Bride & Prejudice was great! Did you ever see Monsoon Wedding? That was just as good & so was the sound track. They are both very much cross over Bollywoodish movies, but, Bollywood like Hero, Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon & House of Flying Daggers are Kung Fu movies. All three of those are also fantastic.

18. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Speaking of Sam Jackson, I saw Black Snake Moan the other night. I thought it was very good. Justin Timberlake was also in it and he was bringing sexy back for sure.

19. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Speaking of Black Snake Moan, I wanted to see that too.. maybe I'll rent it next time. Christina Ricci is in that right? Yeah.

We saw Rush Hour 3 and The Nanny Diaries over the weekend. Both were surprisingly good. Rush Hour 3 had some good action, humor, and drama. The Nanny Diaries was interesting as I know someone who is similar to the antagonist in that story.

I know none of you care.

20. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
  21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'll watch RH3 but probably not the other one. Over the weekend they were showing World Trade Center on Showtime so I watched it. I really didn't care much for it. Though I'm not the biggest Cage fan so that could have had something to do with it. Last year when that movie came out I was actually in NYC. I was going to see it at the Ziegfeld Theater (where the NYC line for SW was held) because it was next to my hotel and I thought it would be interesting to see the film in the city however I passed thinking only the tourist would see something there anyway. I also didn't want to waste any time in NYC in a theater watching a movie.

22. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks SR. I thought I was the only non Nicholas Cage fan. He'a only a notch or two above Keanue (sp) Reeves in by book.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'd like to see the Nanny Diaries because I've developed a bit of crush on Chris Evans. I'm curious to know who the antagonist reminds you of, JR.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Wait, Chris Evans is in the Nanny Diaries? I would like to ammend my earlier comment. Thanks

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    The Nanny Diaries is about people who live in the upper East Side of Manhattan. There are rich, non-working mothers who hire nannies to take care of their kids while they are out shopping, eating lunch, taking classes on how to raise kids (although they are not really raising their kids), and attending meetings on how to deal with nannies.
    My wife's friend strives to be one of these women.
    I don't know who Chris Evans is, but I do know who Scarlett Johansson is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.