main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We Want Bubba's Reviews! (no really...)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AniPadmeLurker, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Glad I'm a girl, because I can dish all day about how awesome Geena Davis was and nobody cares. But my man-friends have to apologize for everything. That's wrong. Don't apologize: people can be hot, even if we're straight and married, or gay and single. I'd put gay and married but apparently our government thinks that's wrong. GRrrrr!:confused:

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I think you both should go together to see the movie. No one would think you were gay. I mean come on look at you both.

Just remember to put the filler seat in between you.

Oh Varekei which one did not bug you? I must say I was taken with Peter. I know that sounds bad.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    DM, I'm thinking of seeing it Saturday night. I'm not sure where or when yet. I have to admit that I cry at movies so if it's really sad I will be teary eyed. If that sort of behavior embarrasses you then you may want to sit away from me.

I'd like to see King Kong because I know the animation director but even he said he was not happy with it. He said it was because he had been working so closely on it after a while it was impossible to get it just the way he wanted. SR's comment about beastiality cracked me up.

4. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Sat. nite might be hard. BBM has got to better than KK. I am not a Kongy-type person but I did tolerate the Wampa.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sat night works for me because I actually have a free evening. Well, I might, any way. We'll see.

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    So I really liked 'King Kong'. I halfway agree with SR about the characters, but I did like and sort of identify with Ann and Kong. I haven't seen the original...but yeah, some of the visuals and fight scenes were just incredible, and the views of the old-school Manhattan skyline were pretty. Like LotR, some of the stuff was all cgi-y, but overall it was OK. The T-rexes were awesome, but with the smaller carnivores (which reminded me of velociraptors), I liked the old-school Jurassic Park velociraptors better. I was really sympathetic towards Kong at the end.

Sorry if some of that doesn't make sense--I'm tired and getting a nice headache going, but am still up for some reason anyway.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Last night I saw Syriana.

If you can't point out the middle east on a map, I recommend you skip this movie.

I liked it, but I didn't find it entertaining as I did informative. I thought it played more like a documentary than a movie. It did not put the US in a good light. I want to drive a hybrid more than ever now.

There are about five different story lines going on in many parts of the world. You need to pay close attention to where the story is and all the players. The cast is pretty big and everyone is important to the story. However no one stood out more than the rest so I don't see how George Clooney was nominated for his role. I wasn't that impressed by it.

So if you like political dramas with lots of heavy thinking then this movie is for you.

8. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    I'm beginning to feel insulted because nobody wanted my opinion of Cheaper by the Dozen 2. What about the Pooh's Heffalump Movie? There could be deep messages there. You don't have to point out the middle east, just the Hundred Acre Wood.

9. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Thats funny since both the guys in BBM were married too.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    DM, your opinions on those movies would be fine and I'm sure someone would appreciate it. I post my review on movies I figure no one else would watch just because. Of course, I rarely ever see movies so when I have something to post it's not anything new.

We watched Napoleon Dynamite over the weekend and I think I like it more when I think about it more than when I watch it.

Ebert and Roper did not like The Fantastic Four. I found that mean because I liked it.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It all depends on the person and their own personal life experiences when it comes to liking certain movies over others. Except when we talk about Gigli or Glitter and we just must admit that those were just bad movies.

I actually would like to know more about Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Actually I just want to know how much screen time Tom W. has. The Heffulump movie well. You can share your thoughts I just won't read them.

I finally got Crash in from Blockbuster so I'm excited to see that soon.

JT, you bring up a good point with JR and D-B. There are plenty of married men at the Abbey on Friday nights.

12. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I finally got my SW Holiday Special DVD. And I feel sick having watched it. GL took acid when he allowed that atrocity to take place. Good thing I watched it with a friend, or else I might've gone into a coma and never ever come out of it. Freakin' stupidest thing ever.

But watching Kill Bill Vol.1 made up for it today! It's a rockin' movie. I dig the music and fighting...the way it jumps around with the story...the blood is ok. Doesn't bug me too much. Tomorrow: Vol. 2.

13. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    SR,

Edwin didn't bug me as much as the other 3. They were too darn precious for my taste. My favorite character was the white witch. The actress, whose name I missed in the credits, played the part so well!

Varekei

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I know what you mean by them being too precious. However Edmund was just so messed up I wanted to smack him. But that's the character he grew and learned from his mistake. The White Witch was played by Tilda Swinton who was also great as Gabriel in Constantine.

15. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    CLERKS II!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this movie for like 15 years or something close to that.

Clerks II Trailer

ignore the pron on the right side of the screen.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I watched this trailer about a week ago without sound I didn't get it. But maybe that's because there was no sound. Silent Bob doesn't say much anyway. I don't understand Rosario Dawson in it either.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I've never seen the original Clerks. I guess I'll have to rent it.

18. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Nick, quit messing up the width of the threads, dammit! :p

19. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    It's been a while hasn't it. Just wanted to reveiw V for Vendetta. First off, freaking awesome movie... I hope you all go see it in the theatre, it's worth the money. For those that have seen it: Wasn't it interesting that V was the one torturing Evey? I thought it might be him, or him at least sending the letters, bu tthen I thought, no why'd he do that? Well he did. And I need to see it again so I can disect the interrogation scenes!

Anyways, go see it. I order you.

[image=http://www.musicomh.com/films2/v-for-vendetta.jpg]

20. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I am going to go see it this week! I wanted to see it yesterday but I promised a friend I'd go with him, so we'll see it together. I'm excited.

21. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    I saw Curious George the other week and I found it long but entertaining. The story was a little out there and took too long to wrap up but George was pretty cute. I know you're pumped to see it, guys, but hold tight and wait for the DVD.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I was going to see V last night but found myself in a night club in WeHo instead. I probably won't see it this weekend now. Anyone want to see if after bowling on Saturday?

23. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    If we go to the Chinese or something, I bet my cousin will want to go. I'll find out.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'd love to see it after bowling but my padawan has a birthday party so unless Mr. DH wants to stay home and take our padawan I will have to skip. I heard it was excellent though, besides APL's review of course.

I watched "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" last night. It was entertaining, especially if you knew the story. My padawan, who did not know the story though, liked it a lot and laughed at many parts. Mr. DH thought it was just weird.

25. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    One of the best movies every! I really really enjoyed it.

And yes the whole interrogation was fantastically done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.