main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We Want Bubba's Reviews! (no really...)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AniPadmeLurker, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I want to see V. But I was going to invite all of you over our house after bowling on Sat.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, the movie is definitely going to be around for awhile, eh? I vote for JR's house -- won't get too many chances to see that! LOL

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I want to see JR's place too.

4. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh, yeah! That's definitely better. My cuz said "yes" to 'V', but we can do that a different day, and I can drag him over to JR's...he's friendly, y'all will like him.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We can always go after we eat JR out of house and home.

6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Here is a interesting little movie about a Star Wars fan...

Actually sounds like a good idea for a movie.

5-25-77

Don't click on the trailer link as it doesn't seem to work.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    V was fantastic! I loved it. Go see it. I'll probably get it on DVD. Hugo and Natalie did a great job.

8. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Haha, I didn't realize it was Hugo Weaving (duh!) until I looked at a different (cooler than the normal one) poster upon exiting the theater. I saw it with Alex after the party on Saturday, at the Bridge in IMAX. We missed the first 5-10 min, but even had we not, I still need to see it again. Damn, did she have a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome...haha.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I thought about Stockholm Syndrome as well. I can't believe she still liked him after he locked her up and tortured her for months! That was crazy!

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, you went to see it without us? MAN! JN and I wanted to go too.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh I would so see this movie again! If you guys wanted to wait until this weekend or something I would go with you. I thought it was that good it is worth watching again.

12. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Don't you mean the Helsinki syndrome?

As in Helsinki, Sweden.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    What are you talking about? Helsinki? There is no Helsinki Syndrome?

14. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I liked it so much i bought the soundtrack and I can't stop singing, "Cry me a River."

SR, it's kinda like the Phantom of the Opera pull (except he didn't torture Christine as far as we know. He was supposedly torturing Evey for her own "good" or whatever that means.

15. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Is this movie creepy? It looks creepy. Natalie is growing on me, when she's on, she's really on but when she's not well, you know what I mean. Is there gore ? I don't mind seeing it but it just looks uber-weird. I forgot to look if anyone posted on this but I saw a lame movie called Failure to Launch. It was so incredibly lame. There was one scene with SW references, however. This proved to be its only redeeming quality. I'm going back to the Hundred Acre Wood. At least that's quality.

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    There's not much gore, but it is creepy.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    ES thinks everything is creepy. I didn't think it was creepy. I thought it was well done. Now, DM I know you well enough to say that the amount of gore, though not a lot by my standards would probably bother you just a bit. You watch people get cut and there is blood.

ES the creepy part to me was when V killed that woman and they talked first like old friends and she was so kind but he still killed her anyway.

18. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, SEE? Stuff like that is creepy. Or, unsettling, if you prefer another term. The whole TONE of the movie is a little creepy/unnerving. I was OK with it, but in calling it creepy, I was thinking of my mom, who would definitely NOT be ok with it and would find it very creepy. My dad would be put-off by the mask and think *that* was creepy, but along with that, it would likely be too tense/thriller-like for him. He won't watch 24 'cause it's too tense, and at first, wouldn't watch X-Files for the same reason (he decided to on his own though--I didn't tell him to watch XF or anything, he did so himself, yea!).

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, wanna see V this weekend?

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Not my cup o' tea. Don't like to see historical landmarks blown up. Don't care if it is a movie. And not just this movie -- Independence Day comes immediately to mind, although I love Bill Pullman and will watch him in anything.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I can understand your hesitation, VK. It is a bit disconcerting to see beloved monuments blow up. I can't look at the Library tower, the old First Interstate building, without thinking of all those crazy alien lovers getting zapped into oblivion. And everytime I drive through the tunnels I look for that secret "door" that enabled Vivica Fox to survive that fireball. Of course, the fireball would have consumed all of the available air in the tunnel and she, her son, and the dog would have all died that way but that's neither here nor there.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't think I can DH. My weekend is already getting booked up.

23. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    So we finally saw V last night, and I was so inspired that I decided to shave my head. I hope I don't get made fun of too much at work!

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sure you did April fool's.

25. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    It was lame, I know, but I tried! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.