main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We Want Bubba's Reviews! (no really...)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AniPadmeLurker, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    d'oh I forgot about April Fool's. I was going to do something elaborate this year, but I totally forgot about it. dang.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry JB.

I saw Brick over the weekend. It is a small movie in limited release but it is really good. It has "Claire" in it from Lost. The dialog is the best. I need the script just to understand all the slang phrases.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    OK, I just watched the 2nd two Matrix movies again this weekend. Did everyone notice that Linc is the same actor who plays Walt in "Lost"?

Old news, I know, but I just realized it.

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You mean Michael. Walt is the little boy. Yes and he also played Augustus Hill in the HBO series OZ.

5. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Thanks Skyrider.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    BBM comes out on DVD today. Is it worth buying? I still want to see it.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just got back from Best Buy with Narnia and Brokeback in hand. What a combination. DH, if I were you I would rent it first. Also, you should probably watch it when you are in a mood to not mind being upset or sad for it is pretty depressing. I wouldn't let the padawan watch at all. He will never see Anne Hathaway the same.

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    LOL! Yeah, every time I see her, I'll just be thinking "boobies!" ha. She seems cool though.

I still haven't seen Narnia. :/

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm watching Narnia right now.

10. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    We need to do more movie days. If you ever drive to work yourself (rather than carpool), you should totally bring a movie over (or, I'm sure I have *some* you don't) and avoid the evening rush hour.

Same w/JB. :)

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am going to buy Narnia today after work. My padawan is going to a buddy's house today. Okay, I'll consider renting first then. I may also test out some mattresses.

I watched part of "Fight Club" this weekend and found it to be so grisly I could not watch any more but would really appreciate it if someone would tell me what the plot was and what happened in the end. Why were they living in that abandoned building?

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Hang out after work when I have work the next day? That's just crazy talk.

13. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Fight Club spoilers: I saw it when I was really tired, but basically, the guy's crazy and Brad Pitt is him--he's possibly got multiple personality disorder. So he sees Brad Pitt's doing all this crazy s--- and yet he sort of wants to be him...but he already IS. I dunno, it's weird. Maybe someone who's seen it more than once, really late at night, can explain further. I know it's a lot of people's favorite movie/among their faves, so they'd be able to give better details.

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    It's one of my favorites. It was one of the few movies that pretty much stumped me until the end. (I figured the Sixth Sense out after watching the movie for about 15 minutes and Crying Game and Sleepy Hollow after about 5.) Then when I rewatched the movie I saw one clue after the other. Awesome!

15. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    This is true: Fight Club was based on an underground operation in Portland. The writer is from there.

So, the Kings suck last night. Can we say CHOKE! 5 to Zero, lost. But, they really demeaned these young girls, which I like.

For the break period, they put these girls on a plastic sled. They have a bugnee cord half the size of the ice, shoot them (like a sling shot) into these inflatable bowling pins. Who ever knocks down the most, wins a prize. It was so lame, but funny to watch. Surely they can have better entertainment, like dancing or music. But, the contestants seemed happy. I thought it was kind of demeaning, but funny. I was laughing AT them, not with them.

JT was well behaved.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, if D-B thinks something was demeaning to women you have to know it was bad.

I can't wait for the 15th and I get to go to my first hockey game. I hope they don't suck then. My boss is also going and she will be cheering for the Calgary team. She is a Canadian. I'm going to call INS now.

17. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    It was a great time watching the Kings get spanked by the Sharks. Bubba kept his drinking light and only passed gas a couple times.

I also was called to let us know that every time the puck went down the ice towards us we could be seen on TV which was really cool.

18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So, I guess that means you're feeling better

19. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    No not really. I'm sure Bubba will start feeling sick any day now.

I like to share with my friends.

Sadly I think it is turning into a chest cold. I hope I do not have that damn bird flu.

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    It's not the bird flu & it's not a tumor.

The witch doctor prescribes:
    Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup,
    Chinese Hot & Sour Soup,
    Thai Tom Kah Gai Soup,
    &/or
    Chinese Egg Drop soup with a dollop of Hot Mustard

Go to Trader Joes & buy:
    Eacchinacea Goldenseal
    Zinc
    Multi vitamin
    B complex
    Vitamin C

Take one tablet of each for 1 week or less (if your symptoms go away.)

And of course, take Nyquil just before bedtime.

That should do it!

21. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Saw the Benchwarmers: very cute. Stupid to some but awesome to me. Lots of SW references and tons of props used in it (hello,? it's a story about nerds!) so anyways...yeah. It was good times.

22. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    SR,
    these are trhe best seats you will ever get LEGALLY in your life. I guarantee. At for Face Value! Enjoy the game guys. Feel better Nick.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I sort of want to see Flight 93. Is that weird?

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    No, it's not weird. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I want to see it.

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I heard that both Brick & US Flight 73 are excellent movies. But, if you go see Flight 73 & it makes you angry, the guys living next door to me are from Iran and a-holes. Feel free to come by & smack them around any time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.