main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends We Were Once Sisters -One post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Bryony, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Bryony

Healer_Bryony Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    This is a story I wrote ages ago, so I thought it was time to let it be read. I hope you like it, and please give me some feedback.

We Were Once Sisters

She walked along the silent hallways. Yes, silent, now that she had left the melee of the battle. She wondered at the carvings on the walls, she had not known that the Sith also had a sense of beauty. The carvings were rich, of gold and wood, it was a great work of art but it was evil, cruel. She walked, allowing the Force to guide her. Everywhere she went, there was the presence of evil. She came to a spacious room, she paused, listened, and she heard footsteps. She held her lightsabre at ready. And reached out with the Force, not that she needed to, she knew who was coming; she had known those footsteps all her life.

A Sith walked in. "Still a Padawan, Mersyna?" The Sith laughed. So different from the laugh I once knew. Mersyna thought sadly. "Merryna, sister." She called softly.

"Don't ever call me that!" The Sith yelled, her eyes ablaze with anger, "That is a name of the past. I am now Saronis!"

Mersyna looked at the angry dark eyes. They used to be such a joyful blue. She remembered many years ago:

-*-*-*-

They sat under the tree: Mersyna and Merryna. They watched the shadows and sunlight playfully dance upon the ground. They were young, children, not more then six. "When I grow up, I'm going to be the most greatest Jedi ever, even better than Master Silgoran!" Young Merryna said happily.

"I like Master Silgoran. He tells me about lots of Jedi." Mersyna said, looking at a small blue flower.

"Me too."Merryna cripped happily. They sat in silence for a while, enjoying the sunlight.

-*-*-*-

Mersyna looked toward her sister, for the first time she noticed that her sister wore a simple white dress, very unlike the usual dark colored clothing of the Sith, and the same as her own. "You still follow the family tradition." Mersyna said in surprise. Saronis remained silent. Mersyna looked at her, her eyes. They were dark blue, filled with fury and hate. She reached out with the Force, reaching to Saronis, she felt the hatred that filled her heart, and she felt the anger. Was there regret? Mersyna thought silently, was there love?

Mersyna raised her lightsabre quickly in defense, for Saronis had attempted to strike her down unawares. "Has the Dark side brought you so low?" Mersyna asked as she fended of a dozen outslaughts. Saronis moves were strong, hard for Mersyna, as her moves were more elegant. The sounds of the lightsabres, the heat of it, and its wind brought Mersyna back to a few years ago, when they liked to practice with their lightsabres after being excused by their Masters.

-*-*-*-

"What took you so long?" Mersyna asked as Merryna entered the room, "Your Master gave you a lecture?"

"No, it's Master Silgoran. I bumped into him."

Mersyna laughed, bumping into a Master Silgoran? No wonder she took so long! "Come, let's duel."

They both lit their lightsabres; the soft humming filled the room. Mersyna swept left. Merryna blocked it, turning the parry into attack.

-*-*-*-

Mersyna barely fended off a blow to her legs.

"You never did get that move, did you? Still a young Padawan." The Sith mocked. Don't think, trust the Force. Mersyna thought to herself. She saw Saronis strike another blow, aiming for her neck.

-*-*-*-

Merryna aimed for her neck. Mersyna thrust up her lightsabre in defense. Merryna twitched at the last possible minute and nicked her sisters arm.

"I can never see that coming, can I?" Mersyna smiled.

"No, you did a wonderful parry yesterday and turned it in a real fancy attack." Merryna reminded her.

-*-*-*-

Mersyna saw Saronis striking for her neck, she wanted to throw up her lightsabre to block the blow, but something told her to lower her arm. Instead of fending of the blow, Mersyna bent low, almost kneeling. Why am I doing this? She is my sister! Mersyna thought as she whipped out her lightsabre.

"Ahhhhhhh..."

2. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    ((lips quiver)) That was depressing. An interesting story line, too. Too bad Saronis didn't become good before her end, though. But that would have been too predictable. :p

That really showed the brutality of the Sith very well. Good job. =D=

[face_peace] Silverfighter

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    yeah that is depressing but touching as well

4. Healer_Bryony

Healer_Bryony Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2006
    Thanks a lot for reading.

As for writing depressing, I have a tendency to do that.

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Wow, that was depressingly good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.