San Joaquin, CA We won a good Disney "Million Dreams" prize! And some CIV photos too for you guys...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ScootyPuffJr, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have entered the land of Photobucket at last. The links will be provided.

Last weekend (on 7/7/7) we decided to stay at the Grand Californian, so Cherie could treat herself after finishing taping the first round of "The Singing Bee" (Tue night 9:30 shameless plug here...). We had originally planned just to take some friends to dinner at Napa Rose, but we got a good AP rate and decided just to hang out overnight and enjoy the park on Sunday.

So here we are checking in on Sat, and a lady appears with a bunch of balloons behind our checkin CM and says "Congratulations, you are our Magical Memories family of the day!" and we were stunned -- each hotel upgrades ONE (and only ONE) guest reservation to a SUITE every day, for 365 days as part of the "Million Dreams" promotion, and we were tapped! They put us into a WONDERFUL suite, with lots of balcony space and an entertainment living-room area, walk-through marble bathroom, everything -- it was crazy. They gave us an "autographed" photo of Mickey et al, and took our photo on the Concierge Club level. Then they told us to call when we were ready for delivery of our "special treat," and we were like "oh, man..."

So we threw open the French Doors and there was a table for four, in PERFECT and private fireworks-viewing sightline, and as you can imagine, our original dinner reservation went bye-bye -- we ended up totally surprising them by having a magnificent room-service feast, wine and champagne, and then the CM's Dan and Courtney brought us MORE champagne (French! and they do not normally do that, by the way, it was special for us because we were having a private dinner party with no children involved), plus decorate-your-own cookies.

We had a spectacular and intimate dinner with our good friends, and it was a perfect stay. After we checked out on Sunday, we renewed our AP's and Cherie bought some artwork in the Gallery. We had lunch at DCA, and didn't sit on a ride once anywhere. It was flawless.

Anyway, I have a photobucket account now, which has these photos, a very incriminating one of Barry from CIV (ha!) and some celebrity encounters (the latest, Joey Fatone!!! Weird...).

So here it is:

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x300/minxvole/

And thanks for letting me inflict it on you...

Mary-SPJ
  2. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Congratulations on the Disney deal. Sounds and looks like you guys had a blast.

I liked the pictures but have to say that even though you have met George ( couple of times, right?) I am more jealous of Hugh Laurie.

Barry will love the photo, but I see that that is the 'clean' one.;)
  3. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, the dirty 'molesting' one is on Cherie's camera. I'll have her email it to me so I can post it. What a naughty Barry!

Mary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.