Weak Fanbase in the San Joaquin Valley??

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Darksiders are at this groups disposal!!!

Jirin, I must replicate that avatar, its way cooler than the codger that represents me, WTF!!
  2. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    They put some new ones up yesterday. Quite a few new avatars, at that!! Are you sure you want to use it? It is EU, after all...... :cool:
  3. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I had the same complaint about San Diego a few months back. Some people just need a little coaxing out of their shell. You could ask comic book shops, WOTC stores, book stores, any place where Sci Fi afficianados are likely to go, permission to hang flyers discussing starting a Star Wars Fan Club. All you need is a couple of people, and three meetings to become official. And I can post your meetings on the main page of Fan Force to get the word out.
  4. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    MJF, we would appreciate your support, how cool!!!
  5. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Of course we don't have a strong fanbase :p
    We're Okies! We like them cows and udders. Not spaceships and lightsabers ;)
    But anyway, what's this about a meeting or something?
  6. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    ok, i'm NOT an oakie!!!!
  7. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Relax ;)
    I'm joking ;)
    I'm no Okie either :) But we are in agricultural territory. What do you expect?
  8. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    i surely dont expect people to call me an oakie just because i'm from fresno...
  9. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Fresno and Clovis. . . not so much.
    But you got Visalia, Tulare, Lemoor, Porterville. The San Juaquin as a whole is an agricultural valley. I mean, we know we're not just oakies, but to other folk, people in the smaller cities are just country bumpkins lol. Though Fresno hasn't been thought of that in a while. . .
    But my last gf came from LA and she considered us all country bumpkins till she actually met people.
    I was just explaining why fanbase is so low here. You got okies, wana be pimps, and other people trying to be something they're not. SW isn't high on people's list.
    But if it bugs ya, I won't mention it again :p Frankly I was shocked as Hell to even have a central valley FF chapter at all. I just never posted cause nothing ever goes on in here.
  10. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    You got okies, wana be pimps, and other people trying to be something they're not. SW isn't high on people's list.

I agree with you almost 100%, except for the okies part. I don't see as many 'okies' in the Fresno/Merced cities, but I see plenty of wannabes trying to either be thugs or WASPS. Most of the okies live in the Western portion of the Valley, or in the Madera area.....
  11. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Right. I think that's more because Fresno is the valley's 'big city'. Actually, it is pretty big. Expand the tower district a bit to give it more of a big city feel. . .
  12. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    dont be too shocked yet, we dont have an official fan force here...
  13. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *deshocksifies himself*
    Ok, well, let's get one and get you some purdy colors to go with it :)
  14. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    then we have to come togheter someplace and have 3 meetings, or something, we have to vote on a city rep and all that fun stuff as well...
  15. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OK. So let's meet.
    Sometime in the future so we can all plan days off and such.
    Our first one can be small and sorta be a get-to-know-ya type of deal. Could be a small video party where we watch the movies back-to-back or something. We can even invite a few that aren't exclusively Fresno so we get a really good feel for CA fanbases.
    Mar-Jade-Fan and Aunt Jar Jar Mimah might be able to come and bring friends.
    What are we waiting for?
  16. Sparticus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heeeeeyyyy!! I'm an oakie... er, sorta. You don't know the power of the oakieforce!!! MWa ha ha ha!! *smacks Luke with a rubber mallet and runs off*

Meeting... maybe we should barbeque... :D
  17. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    a bbq sounds rather yummy right now i'm very hungry!
  18. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    a bbq sounds very good.
  19. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How bout a bbq in the park?
    It's cooling off and everything. . .
  20. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    That does sound good. In fact, we're having one this Saturday. Burgers, salad, chips, Newcastle....Yeah!!
  21. Sparticus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whoo hoo!! BBQ!!! Oh, I thought of a name for our fanforce: Nal Hutta, for Fresno and Nar Shadda for Merced. Seeing as how this is a wretched hive of scum and villany (and Mos Eisley is probably already taken...)!
  22. ID4382 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Eh, I'm proud to be an Okie, everymornin I slip into my garbs, and my boots, and slap on my utility belt, and if it is cold, my robe, and go and rumble the utters for a few hours, then go dust some crops, and then ride into town for some new tractor parts and a nice cold pop.
  23. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ^ I imagine that was what it was like for Luke Skywalker growing up on a moisture farm on Tattooine. ;)
  24. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So now we know what to do. But when?
    Weekend obviously, but other than that when?
    I'll need to know when to ask for time off just in case I have to work on the weekend.
    Oh! And wear speedos and thong bikinis. I can't stress this enough people.
  25. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ill be sure to wear my thong, just for you T_W_D!!! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.