main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weak SW-C3 Guests = Poor Planning

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by bonzofett, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I feel ripped off after C2 Ventures posts that they will not be having a headline guest (Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, etc...) 6 days after the refund deadline had passed.

I'm not going to Indianpolis to see some AOTC alien jedi who you only see in the background for a split second. And the rest of the events sound pretty weak too. I should have went to the San Diego Comic con last year. At least they had actors whose real faces you could see and who actually had lines in the movie.

Gen-Con and C2 had over a year to plan this thing and they have FAILED. I wouldn't trust them again!

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    new sock puppet?

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm sorry you feel this way. However, on the other hand there will be plenty of other things to do and if you don't want to get their autographs, it just gives you more time to do something that doesn't involve standing in lines.

4. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Did someone turn up the whine in here? Geesh.

5. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Try griping in this thread...

http://boards.theforce.net/FanForce_Celebration_III/b10611/18703551/?54

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I couldn't care one bit if there was a Star Wars celebrity there.

Even if there were none, the opportunity to be with 40,000 or so like-minded people is reason enough to go.

I'm going to meet old friends, make new friends and generally have a good time.

I don't feel like the actors owe me anything and have to show up. I'm a Star Wars fan without seeing Mark Hamill in person every other day of the year, why should it make any difference if I see him or not at Indy?

C3 is going to be as much fun as you make it. If you think you are going to be treated special, well look out, there are 39,999 other people in front of you then!

7. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    In response to not having a headline guest, I will say that it is a disappointment for me, but not a deal breaker as it were.

Living in England, we rarely get headline stars appearing here for signings, though we did finally get Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams last year.

For me, I was hoping that Celebration III would give me a chance to see some of those stars up front.

Again, I want to say it wasn't the only reason for going. Travelling several thousand miles at a fairly significant cost is still worth it just to meet so many like-minded people.

Still, it would have been nice to meet some of those stars after travelling all that way.

8. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Awww man that really does suck to be honest. I'm obviously still going, but what's the deal anyway? I mean least time around they had Billy Dee, Hayden AND Christopher Lee...is there any reason why they aren't? Everyone assumed this year's line up would be even bigger.

9. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    It is sad that the major players in the saga cannot appear, that's the way it is. Even if this is the last Celebration.

10. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I have to admit, fett has a point. For me, it is a little (a lot) misleading to use marketing to entice more people to come by saying that they'll be more autograph stars this time (which, yes, i realize there are) as if to all but imply that bigger names will be there as well. Also, I can see Fett's point about them announcing this after the deadline to cancel. Granted, I definitely want to meet several of the ones coming but nevertheless, I can see the point made.

I just hope we get some other big names announced soon to damp the fan backlash thus far. [-o|

11. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I agree with above - I ain't one for complaining, and I'm going to have a good time regardless, but I still like things to be as good as they can be. So far it looks like CIII's not living up to most of our hopes. Wouldn't it be great if something like this surpassed our hopes for once?! Like they said Lucas is coming and Ford and Sam Jackson and Ewan and Portman et al!

That said, CII was much cooler and more fun than I anticipated, and there's still lots of time for CIII to ramp up.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Since this seems to be the civil of the two guest complaint threads, I'll post here:

On the plus side, hopefully nobody will be more than two tickets now. (I can see Hayden being there, but not on the autograph panel.)

13. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Feb 14, 2005
    One thing that I think we're all missing is asking this (and I hope someone does ask it): How long did they know about these guests not coming? I mean, Christopher Lee's and Sam Jackson's autographs have been on there site for a few weeks now so, I have a bad feeling about this. Now, if someone does ask this, hopefully they get the truth (doesn't look good though). If they've known this for a while......well, this is gonna strike a nerve with a lot of fans. Especially, since it's after the deadline for cancelling. May not sound PC but it's not right if this is the case.

14. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    "I mean least time around they had Billy Dee, Hayden AND Christopher Lee"

I don't recall Christopher Lee being at CII? Or was I just too hung over to recognize him?

15. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I think we have to allow for suprises as well. Wasn't it at comic-con this year where Hayden turned up out of the blue?

16. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't recall Christopher Lee being at CII? Or was I just too hung over to recognize him?

Maybe we drunk the same thing, 'cause I don't recall that either.

17. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    "I mean least time around they had Billy Dee, Hayden AND Christopher Lee"

My thoughts exactly! ;)

18. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I don't recall Christopher Lee either.. and I did went by the autograph booths..

Dude that must have been a wicked donut you ate that day ^-^

As far as the PC goes in the announcement, I'm not even going to ask the question since the answer is way too obvious. (they did knew)

I do invite anyone from C2 Ventures or LucasFilm to correct me, because there's nothing I would love more than be wrong in this case.

But if you're going to Celebration III just to get autographs, then I'd suggest you keep your money and just fly the major con circuit every year.
    That will get you autograph and none of the Actual 27000+ Star Wars Fan being at the same place at the same time.

We share everything during these four days, toughts, shirts (for some), Rooms (for others).
    And honestly, even meeting George Lucas Himself (And I cannot believe I am saying that) could replace that in a thousand years.

19. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    If I remember correctly I think Christopher Lee was doing panels only. I know for a fact he was not doing any autographs.

20. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Feb 14, 2005
    Hmmm, nope, not just going for autographs but discussing the issue at hand, nonetheless.

Yes, I think you're right and my point exactly....of course they had to have known some time ago....seems shady...

Anyways....my own council will I keep as to what I do at CIII now, despite this disappointing announcement.

Meditate on this, I won't....

Somebody pass me a YodaMeister brew so I can feel the Force kickin' again....

21. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Use the other complaint thread please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.