main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weakling Jedi...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lord_Elos, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Elos

Lord_Elos Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2003
    Why are Jedi so weak? They are not even worthy oppenents to Sith Lords. They fall like flies. How pathetic. For Example, when Obi Wan and Qui Gon were fighting Darth Maul, Lord Maul was holding his own against a near Jedi and a Jedi MASTER. Also, when they reached the laser barriers, Darth Maul hadnt even broke a sweat, while the Jedi Master had to SIT DOWN and the Padawan was sweating and Panting. As you can see the sith is superior. Also how pathetic is it that Yoda, the most powerful jedi ever, couldnt even detect a Sith Lord who was in the same room with him many times. (Palpatine) Yoda was in fact WORKING for a Sith Lord the entire time..... LOL stupid Jedi. As you can see Jedi are Clearly weaklings who should be shot.

2. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    As you can see the sith is superior.

Apparently not in grammatical prowess. Perhaps that's why a whiney kid with only a few years of training destroyed their millennias-old existance.

3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Sith? Stronger than Jedi?

Have you ever watched Return of the Jedi? [face_mischief] :D

;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

4. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Or read any of the books?

5. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    You fools. The sith have always been stronger than jedi. Look at Exar Kun. He wasnt even the best Sith, and it took like a few hundred jedi to kill him. Even then they still didnt fully kill him! And in ROTJ, do you think that lucas would have made the bad guys win? I think not. Think logically, a band of weak, undersupplied rebels fighting againts the Empires best and overwhelming numbers. Do you really think they could have won? I mean come on. And in the EU books there has never been a fully trained sith, only little dark jedi and fallen jedi. They think they are sith and give sith bad names. Death to them all! [face_devil]

6. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    I beg to differ about Kun. Kun was one of the best there ever was.

7. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, best at getting his ass whupped by an overgrown lobster with a stick.

8. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    As a trainee. He cheated to win that one, but there are no rules in war, aside from battle tactics. There is no code of honor. A soldier has two objectives: destroy the enemy at any cost, and preserve the spirit of what you fight for.

Who thinks Baas would taste good grilled in a salad?

9. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Think logically, a band of weak, undersupplied rebels fighting againts the Empires best and overwhelming numbers. Do you really think they could have won?

*cough* American Revolutionary War *cough*

And in the EU books there has never been a fully trained sith, only little dark jedi and fallen jedi.

*cough* Emperor Palpatine *cough*

I beg to differ about Kun. Kun was one of the best there ever was.

Sure, he was one of the better Sith out there. But the fact that he got royally whipped by Vodo and then royally whipped again by a bunch of Jedi students shows just how good the Sith are.

As a trainee. He cheated to win that one, but there are no rules in war, aside from battle tactics. There is no code of honor. A soldier has two objectives: destroy the enemy at any cost, and preserve the spirit of what you fight for.

Exactly. That's the code for the Dark Side and the Sith. And that is why they have consistantly lost.

On a side note, if you haven't already, you might want to also cast your opinions in the Which is better: Light Side or Dark Side?????. ;) :)

10. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Perhaps because of the imbalance in the Force?

11. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Fool Kenobi. The Americans won because they were on their home soil and they used revolutionary tactics. They did hit and runs and ambushes why the Brits used old field tactics.

And if you read in the Which is better: Light Side or Dark Side????? forum you will read that Palpatine was weak and he was only there for like a book. (A comic really)

Regarding Kun,in the end he may have been beaten in the process hundreds fell before him.

Oh, and about the code of the Sith, of course you must do anything to secure victory. No honor must get in your way. Finally, they only "lose" all the time because that is the only way they can progress the books and comics. If the sith won they couldnt go on making more money now could they. [face_mischief]

12. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Well the imbalance of the Force is the explanation to how the Sith scored their biggest and, indeed, their most publicized victory against the Jedi- the Great Purge against the old Order by Darth Vader and Palpatine.

Yet, even the largest victory of the Sith is actually a pretense to one of the largest of the Jedi's victories- the redemption of Darth Vader against Palpatine by Luke Skywalker.

In fact, this Sith "victory" was actually in the Jedi prophecy of the Chosen One: The basic premise of the prophecy is that a being would be born of the Force, seemingly brought into the world simply by the presence of midi-chlorians. The Chosen One would be born to a mother who was not morally impregnated, a conception enacted by the will of the Force. This being would be incredibly connected to the Force, with a high level of skills even before training. Eventually, the prophecy proclaims that the Chosen One will bring balance to the Force throughout the galaxy.

This is the kicker: This balance, however, could only be achieved after a period in which the Dark Side of the Force grew strong.

Anakin was the Chosen One. He scored the biggest victory for the Sith in stride as he completed the Jedi prophecy to bring balance to the Force.

So even in defeat the Jedi win. ;) :p :)

13. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Perhaps......

That is one way to think of it. Also i could disagree that was the biggest victory for the Sith. Also, i think Vader was an excellent sith, but he became Anakin Skywalker agian and thus a Jedi. He was weak and turned to the light. His issue is too complicated and i will argue it later.

14. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    A lot of the Rebels did fight many battles on their home turf. They're all residents of the Galaxy. A lot of them were from Coruscant. It WAS their home turf. It's not cheap, but the Rebels had more of a reason to win. A lot of them were even more pissed off than the Emperor--pissed off AT the Emperor.

15. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I don't see the debate. One order is still around, the other is gone. ;) And even while they were still around, for the majority of their existence, the Sith hid in shadows, only gaining power through slavery and rebellion, and every time they were brought down. On the other hand, the Jedi flourished for all but a few decades. I'd say the Jedi have proved far greater an order.

16. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Anything can be made a topic of debate. In this world, you would do well to remember that.

17. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    One order is still around, the other is gone.

Technically, aren't the Sith still around? Lumiya (from the Marvel comics) is still around somewhere...dunno if she truly counts as a Sith though.

18. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Yay for debate. Thinking creatively on a topic is the only way you can truly understand it completely. Have your beliefs challenged, and be able to successfully defend them, and then you know your beliefs are worth holding onto. Otherwise, you may be wrong and never even know it.

But honestly, people, no flaming or calling names simply because someone has a different opinion. Argue against their points, not the people themselves.

Oh, look, it's the Kun debate again. Yeah yeah, Kun took down all those Jedi four millenia ago. But he also got taken down by a dozen Jedi students who had only been in training for, what, two weeks?

If the sith won they couldnt go on making more money now could they.

I beg to differ. The Yuuzhan Vong have been kicking the NR/GFFA's arses for a good, what, fifteen books now? And they're selling. Granted, the "good side" has a very strong chance of coming out of the series on top, because SW is like that, but letting some Sith win wouldn't necessarily drive SW into bankruptcy. Perhaps the Sith simply don't deserve to win.

Sure, the Sith are able to hide themselves from the Jedi in the prequel era. But some of the good Jedi are able to hide themselves from the Sith after the purge. Mace and Yoda can't sense Palpy's two-faced lies, yet the Emperor can't even sense the betrayal brewing in his own apprentice's heart.

He was weak and turned to the light.

Poor argument. It's more like, Anakin had both light and dark in him, and the light was stronger and thus won. How is the light side of Anakin weaker, when it was the light side that won in the end?

SW is about the battle between good and evil. Are you so cynical that you can't imagine the good side perhaps just being better? Obi-wan says that the Dark Side is not more powerful, just more seductive and easier to use. Perhaps the Sith are just not as strong as the Jedi because their side of the Force is weaker.

Do reconsider the thought that the end justifies the means, that honor does not matter so long as you secure a victory. It's a slippery slope.

19. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Alpha Red, give me a break. Using the Galaxy as "home turf" is sad. Also, i dont believe many large battles took place on Coruscant. All i can think of is one, when they the rebels took over Coruscant.

Now on to lexu. The reason the Jedi Survived was because they didnt have anyone to fight! And look, every time there was a challenge they fought for there lives! And eventually they couldnt continue to fight and two sith killed hundreds of jedi.

Oh yippy now for Gaeri. On the subject of Kun, your right he did kill hundreds. And he was killed by a large group of jedi. Now, before these jedi padawans finnally got rid of him, what was he doing? He was guiding a very promising and powerful Jedi Student(kyp) AND he was holding luke (the current most powerful jedi) in a state of death. So i might say he was a little busy and perhaps couldnt divert all his attention to the little jedi.

Ok and about the Sith thing/money thing. Lets say that in ROTJ, luke, leia etc were all killed. The rest of the books would be about the Empire slaughters alien races, and the Yuuzhan Vong would be shot out of the sky. How many ppl do you think would want to read a book about how a powerful empire destroys all enemies? (personally me)

Ok, about anakin. I will start a forum soon about just him and his light/dark types.

More later.

20. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    You are wrong. L U M I Y A is the best there ever was.

21. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Two Sith alone didn't kill hundreds of Jedi. They hired people, they trained lesser Dark Jedi, they had an Empire backing them up. They were hardly alone in their quest.

You made it sound like Kun was all-powerful earlier, and now you say he couldn't divert all his attention to the other Jedi. Hardly a characteristic of an all-powerful Sith. Now THAT'S sad. What's even more sad is that you refuse to take into account the mentality of people. No war is just about tactics. War would not be fought except by people, with a reason to fight it. America didn't fight a Revolution, a Civil War, two World Wars, and the recent war on terrorism for no reason. Well, some of the reasons were debatable, but the point is that the way people saw things drives them to succeed. If you underestimate this characteristic of sentience, you will find yourself hopelessly outmatched by a crowd of people who REALLY REALLY hate you.

22. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Sithites only rule by killing. Killing= Uprising. Uprising= Rebellion. Rebellion=New Republic.

Jedi are wiser than Sith because they analyze a situation fully before acting. Sith act brashly and end up getting killed.
    Plus...SOME of you have obviosly never played KOTOR.

23. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Uhh.... Im surrounded my Jedi Lovers. ISNT there a SINGLE sith supporter out there?!?!

24. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Of course there is. We must all choose our own path, Lord Rema. No one can choose it for us.

The Sith had chances to change from a path that would ultimately hurt and kill a great many...but they elected the way of pain. Not necessarily pain for them, at least not in the short term, but in the long run, one is much happier as a Jedi. And even if, individually, the Sith Lords are stronger than average Jedi, Jedi have friends, friends bound together by a purpose and a force greater than war and killing. This force is called love. It destroyed Palpatine, it brought down his Empire, and it will defeat the Yuuzhan Vong.

If you think that's a sad excuse for an argument, think of what you see in your life. Think of what love has done in your life. True love, not sexual desire. Brotherly love...Friendship. Over time, it blossoms into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go.

*hands bottle of ginger ale to Lord Rema and Lord Elos*

They say ginger ale is good for nausea. I pray that you will have no need of it.

25. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Please, Alpha if you ever talk like that again, warn me. I almost gagged. The love and friendship stuff almost was too much.

Ok for one minute, think from the view of a potental sith. Now what does a sith want? Power and order. So for them, they dont need friend and lovers. Lovers and friends only provide a weakness. For those who want power and order, the way of the Sith is much better. The have more power than the Jedi and thus one who hungers for it would go for the Sith. Dont think everyone wants to be a jedi alpha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.