main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weapon ideas?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by _Wheels03, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sqerl

sqerl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2002
    hmmm... just for arguments sake :D
    what if the jedi being shot at with the shotgun pulled a "matrix" move and just stopped all the little projectiles with a force push... In Jedi Knight II I use force push against guided missles and grenades all the time... too bad I can't combine medal of honor with JKII to see what would happen! :D

2. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hmmm...lets take a look at some of the weapons suggestions here: Force pikes, saber claws, Thunder Cats, shotgun, chainsaw, flamethrower, suicide bomber, Python references, cool Force tricks, shields, and Yoko Ono.

It seems to me that we're leaving out the most obvious of them all:

The Light Spork!

That's right. What Jedi can possible withsatnd the awesome power of a glowing utensil capable of both piercing AND scooping? None, unless they have a Light Runcible Spoon, but how plausible is that?

The Light Spork: Weapon of The Gods.

Unless you buy into all that wrath and fire and brimstone and lightning and smiting one's foes crap. :p

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

3. Waylynne

Waylynne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2001
    " Jedi... Jedi... Jedi... ... I didn't expect to see you so -- SPOON !!! "

:D

4. Gardulo

Gardulo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey man can you post your five other dirty tricks you thought of you got me wondering here Thanks

5. _Wheels03

_Wheels03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2001
    I like the Indiana Jones idea and instead of having the jedi die when the enemy shoots him, I'll have him deflect the blast or something like that, but would that be too goofy to do in a serious situation?

6. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Three words "high end explosives!"

That and Max the Rabbit, and you could have a scene that Lucasarts would put in the opening credits of Knights of the Old Republic. A scene that would have people saying, "Apotheosis of cool man!" for years to come
    ----------

But on the serious side of things...

Energy weapons are virtually useless on lightsabers. You can deflect them. Flame throwers are no good as a Jedi could probly protect themselves from that. No, you'd need something not only clever, but something that couldn't easily be pushed or pulled. Maybe a sort of hidden energy explosive. It works kind of like a disruptor. The explosive is placed, and is set to lock on to high midichlorian masses. It then proceeds to emit a ysalmari style Jedi power blocker, it then lets out an energy blast, blowing the jedi sky high. The Jedi is hurt now, but before he/she has time to heal, here's a gang of sith doing a West-side Story style dance showdown, you then go on the "when you're a sith, you're a sith, even if, your a bith..." and "The Jedi are gonna' rumble, toniIght, gonna choke 'em 'till they crumble. ToniIght. Gonna make a death star, and.......oops, Tangent....

Anyway, so you have the Jedi trying to heal up, and there's mercenaries all around with some of those sith swords, the duel is fought from there. You could even have a Mandolorian holding a blaster John Woo style. :)

Anyway, just thoughts.

-Matt

Line Suggestion:(Yoda: Toutch my light saber you will not. Your butt I will kick, YEEEES.)

7. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Irons, the kind you iron your close with. With two you can hit the person on each side of their head.

8. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    How about a Bunsen burner? Or a half-disected starfish? Or! Or a crock pot!

But about the shotgun. One of the many patches I played with in DF II: Jedi Knight, had a weapon called a blaster shotgun. And what it did was, obviously, shoot a bunch of bolts in the same general direction. Cause, a Jedi could stop multiple projectiles, but could he stop energy bolts?

9. Olorinate

Olorinate Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Ok, imagine this: we're having a swordfight, and I'm the aggressor right now. You're moving backwards, and we're fairly close together; if I took one long stride forward I could impale you to the hilt on my sword. Instead of trying to do that, I life my sword high in the air and bring it down quickly in am attempt to cleave you in twain, from the skull to the groin. You have no desire to be cloven, so you bring your sword up perpendicular to your body and my strike, and block my downward thrust. Your sword, if left unintercepted, would not touch me, because my sword is far out in front of my body. It's a non-aggressive defense.

Now imagine that we are fighting with lightsabres. When my downward thrust is about to be blocked by your blade, I turn off my lightsabre, but I continue my forward motion, and a split second later, I turn my blade back on. Having travelled past the point of intersection, I am now free to slice you in two, unless you having anticipated this manuever, and have done something interesting.

About ignition times: it seems to me that ignition and deignition takes exactly as long as Lucasfilm wants. Sometimes it blazes to life, and sometimes it rises slowly. Sometimes it turns off slowly, other times it turns off instantly. So, I think for this particular case it could be arranged that it turn off and on instantly.

10. PDAR

PDAR Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    OK...There are alot of semi-unrealistic ideas floating around this post...with the exception of perhaps the Spoon...That was...Prettty cool. Anyway, GET THIS...A light bullwhip...Light indiana jones but this time is in light saber form and and a little shorter. SO the JEdi can whip the saber out of peoples hands and also fight pretty good....ITS PRETTY COOL! I think so at least...of course there is always light saber nunchuks!....but...we'll save those for Ep 3 wont we boys!

11. trixter

trixter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    when someone goes to parry a cut, doesn't the attacker just flick his own sabre off and on really quickly? The defender misses the block because his attacker's sabre is off, but a millisecond later it's back on, has passed the intersection point, and is cutting him in half?

We did this in the film battles we have filmed and it works on both ends,

1. you can get them off balance and cause them to overspin and make a mistake....

2. They follow through with the spin but since the blade is not lit, the have ne defense from the return blow from the same attacker.....

Now what would be kewl is the stargate type staff the Gaould use, and some find of mini energy shield attached to the forearm...

And as for the thundercats, if my new makeup demos keep going as good as they are AND i can find willing victims... er i mean participants, im going to have a thundercats demo out very soon :)

So keep those HOS coming.....

Or maybee something from Tron?
    A data disk vs a light saber Hmmmm........

12. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    Olorinate - your idea sounds plausible, i suggest you try filming it. the only two things i see in err are:

1. If you step forward, I step back the same distance. distance is critical. remember your barriers of defense as well when coordiating strike zones. head blocks like what youre describing create a defense out and away from the body so that if youwere to over shoot the mark, i dont get hit in the head. if you completely miss, you dont hit the body, because you should be using only the first six inches of your blade. - minor, because this is a dirty trick and the oppent could be making a critical mistake in stepping during their saber chess match.
    2. saber ignition - throw a death strike real quick, a head shot. thats pretty darn fast. are we hitting the on and off switch during the process or are we using force powers to do so? of course a blade does not have to be present for the effect, so you could time it just right in post, but really check your saber switches and make sure you hit them as you swing, you may find it to be more dangerous of an attempt at your own life than your opponents. if you look at your hilt while youre doing, you die as well.
    but i would like to see it in action, if you need any advice we're here to help. :)

13. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Throw/drop a rabid Yasalimari (sp?) on the Jedi's head.

Have fun!

14. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    A lightsaber battle axe...it could work :p

15. DarthFoole

DarthFoole Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2001
    For a light-whip, you guys should look at Masters of The Universe with Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella. actually, Langella's portrayal of skeletor is one of the coolest villains I've ever seen.

anyway, he-man gets whipped to hell by an energy whip. one of the better effects shots of the movie.

What's all this talk about regualr swords and projectile weapons? Lightsabres are the ancient weapons. The republic ruled for thousands of generations. that means thousands and thousands of years of hyperdrive travel. you expect me to believe that they had shotguns and rapiers while they were cruising around the stars? Something you need to accept is that the Star Wars Universe has to have been too static for any significant inventions to have been developed in the last several thousand years. Think about it, Interstellar travel has been an option since the dawn of the republic. With several quintillion people working on the problem, wouldn't you think it'd have gotten better by now? ie, not take so long to calculate coordinates, not take so long in transit. Hell, if it were possible, I'd expect teleportation to have been invented in a society that's that old. Bottom line is, everything the could have been invented has, and Lightsabres are the truly primitive weapons of the society. Don't try to "tech" it down by using regular swords or projectile weapons, unless you're making a movie set in pre-republic times (long long long long long ago, in a galaxy...). Instead, try to work on variations on existing technology.

um. that was longer than i intended it to be. does anyone see my point?

16. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Well, not actually a new weapon, but what could be neat is if you could have Boba or Jango Fett have a duel against someone else that involves both fighters using Jet Packs. Just an idea, but that could be neat.

17. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    I understand your remark, DarthFoole, but I'm not sure it's entirely valid.

The knife and spear predate written history, (probably by 100s or thousands of years), yet in today's US Army, perhaps the most modern fighting force in the world, soldiers still carry knives and fix bayonets.

(I also kind of liked the use of the shot gun in Aliens.)

Anything goes. (Yet I'm still partial to the rabid Yasalimari.)

Have fun!

18. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    *Padawan Nick throws rabid ysalamari at Comyn*

*Comyn ignites lightsabre, steps to the side, and slices ysalamari in mid air. One swift motion*

*Padawan Nick freezes as Comyn looks up*

Comyn: Wanna try that again, Monkey Boy?

19. sqerl

sqerl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2002
    In the Special Edition, it goes like this:

*Comyn ignites lightsabre, steps to the side, and slices ysalamari in mid air. One swift motion*

*Padawan Nick charges with a Hed Herring*

*Comyn throws lightsaber up to block the over head blow from Padawan Nick*

*Padawan Nick mightily swings the red herring*

<the scales from the red herring deflect the lightsaber blade, rendering it useless and the blunt trauma Comyn receives from the bash to the head is too much and Comyn becomes another jedi apparation>

Padawan Nick: NI!

20. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    No, in the special edition Comyn ignites his sabre first. :D

Xack, you want to see two people with jetpacks fighting it out do you? Hmmm, I'll have to see what I can do ;)

21. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    How about a Fremen fighting a Jedi? hmmmm and using the little body shield they have. From the TV movie never saw the Movie movie.

;)
    Kyle

22. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    "No, in the special edition Comyn ignites his sabre first"

[face_laugh] LOL!

Actually, Padawan Nick deignites his red herring to bypass my parry, but fails to reignite it in time. Good bye, Padawan Nick. [face_devil]

23. Thayne_Correlles

Thayne_Correlles Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2000
    "We're Knights of the old republic..."

24. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    ??????????????

25. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Actually, I had the rabbit scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail in mind. (Knights = Jedi; Rabbit = ysalamari ) but my version of Comyn's exchange reads...

*Padawan Nick thinks a moment, then, suddenly throws a second rabid ysalamari at Comyn*

*Comyn slices the ysalamari in mid air in one swift motion. While briefly in the ysalamari's force bubble, however, Comyn fails to force-see that PadawanNick has drawn his blaster.*

*PadawanNick blasts Comyn per Daft's Indiana Jones scene. Comyn's body falls backwards into a cart-load of red herring.*

*For some inexplicable reason, PadawanNick craves a banana for lunch.*

Have fun! ;)

[EDIT: Note to any PETA members in the audience; No actual ysalamari were harmed in any way during the creation of this post. (Though a number of red herring were slightly bruised.)]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.