main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weapon ideas?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by _Wheels03, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Does Hall and Oates count as a weapon, cuz man, if I ever hear "Maneater" ever again, I think I might die.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

2. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Well for the record my film has a saber like shack-ram in it (I think thats what they call them in XENA). When you throw it at some one it ignites into a whirling blade of energy and then you use the force to pull it back. Its more techinical than that but it works.

3. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah! I was about to mention someone telling me once that they were going to have some sort of shackram in their film. Can't believe I still remember it. Just shows you how much the idea sticks in your mind, I guess.

4. Garrock

Garrock Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2001
    The "hard sword" was used in the Darth Maul TPB. Another weapon from that TPB was a lightsaber/billy club weapon, it looks like two saber handles fused near the emitter end with a blade. But the ideas are endless, you can just grab an AD&D weapon book and put the word light in front of the weapon. Yet, if anyone is a fan of Gundam Wing, how about a light-trident or light-scythe. Yet the Ultimate weapon too have would be one of the threee best "TOYS" in the Multiverse... A CASTER GUN (from Outlaw Star). Or perchance a light-morning star ala Optimus Prime.

5. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Actually, it is called a "Chakram" or a "Chakker." I have never seen XENA, but I know that it is a Sikkhist holy weapon, in addition to two curved swords (miri and piri) as well as a two edged sword (no, not Double bladed, I mean they are sharp on both sides of the sword). It has a range of about 50 feet, and was famous LONG before Xena.

BTW I am not a Sikh, I just had to research it once :).

~Neszis~

6. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    (psst, I think he's a Sikh)

One weapon idea that I haven't seen in this thread yet is the two short sabers. They were featured in "Way of the Force" (too bad it was scrapped), and also was rumored to be how Yoda fought in Episode II. The idea was apparently scrapped early on in preproduction, and despite all the hype over such a new fighting style, it never reached that "double-blade" status. Which, I guess, is good, but I'd still love to see this in more films.

7. citizen-austin

citizen-austin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    mailbox bombs...

8. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Well, Comyn, it appers you never saw my Fanfilm, Jedi Academy! One character has two red light "daggers" as we called them, and they were the first time used in a full length fanfilm. Sadly, we melted the servers at Aplus.net, so we can no longer have it online...unless FanfilmFX accepts it soon...

~Neszis~

9. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    So no clue on that Hall and Oates thing? Okay. :p

Remember "Doom" and the ultimate weapon in that game: The BFG 9000 or something like that. It was amazing. It just turned enemies into gooey, marshmellow-like...goo. Let's a see anyone, even a Jedi, escape that mother.

Also, a similar weapon, but from a different universe. Around the time that Superman had died and the 4 Pseudo-Supermen were running around, there was this gun called a Toastmaster, that John Henry Irons (Steel) had invented, then forsaken. Then it resurfaced with gangs and all it did was reduce people to burnt shards of themselves. That would be a cool weapon to use for a flick too.

But, if all else fails, you could just blast Men Without Hats at full volume. That's enough to damage anyone.

Except for me. I like Men Without Hats. "Antarctica." Amazing song.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

10. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Yes, Mawk, the only comic book of Superman I have EVER owned (came in my Christmas stocking somehow) introduced the Toastmaster. That was one thuggish weapon there.

11. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    "But, if all else fails, you could just blast Men Without Hats at full volume"

[face_laugh]

What about Devo?

Master "Whip It!" Comyn

EDIT: A Flock Of Seagulls!!! YESSS!!!!

12. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    I like Devo.

I dislike Flock Of Seagulls.

The Thompson Twins are right in the middle.

What does this have to do with weapon ideas? Um...duct tape...that's a ...weapon...I gotta go.

<slinks away into his room filled with pointless 80's nostalgia>

Peace Out,

Mark "Was (Not Was)" Rosenthal

13. GrEvEs

GrEvEs Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    "Anybody know a water spicket in the Toronto area?"

the correct spelling of your word "spicket" would be "spigot". thank me later :p hehe.

14. Fixer808

Fixer808 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Men Without Hats?! I love the Safety Dance! And don't go around dissin' Devo unless you got the muscle to back it up!
    ;)

15. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Hmm... nobody's mentioned nung-chucks or sai. Check out the latest Star Wars Gamer.

*scratches head*

Chris
    Why? Why not?

16. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Actually, I have done nunchucks. I have also done normal sabre, staff, pike, dual staffs (as a joke) ake, and a new weapon that is really cool but I'm not telling anyone. Check out pics of all these tests (except the really cool weapon) on my website, HERE

Trust, me they're prety nice.

~Neszis~

17. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Neszis, in the fifth picture down...

I do hope that's a whip of some sort and not someone's sorry attempt at rotoscoping a sabre. 8-}

Where's the test of the pike?

18. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Nope, that was my attempt at a sabre :D.

Umm...Isn't the pike there? It's a stick with a bitof a spade-shaped thing on the end.

~Neszis~

EDIT: sixth one down on the right; it's red. The reason it isn't a straight pike is because, well, it looked like a lightsabre that way. So its a pike.

19. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Oh, I found it. Didn't know I could scroll over.

About that trick sabre thing:

I was thinking about it and remembered someone who played an RPG of some sort and said that their character had these two sabers that they twirled around them but where programmed or something-another to deignite as they passed through the weilder's body. That way he could block previously unblockable attacks.

Now, I don't like this idea much, but it got me thinking. The blade doesn't have to deignite. It just has to shorten enough to make the pass and then extend itself again. Of course, you'd need two focusing crystals for that, which may make the hilt longer (for all those technical people out there). Then just explain with some sort of sensor or an internal switch which the weilder controls with the Force.

*catches breath*

Whattdaya think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.