main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gallery Wearable Captain Phasma helmet 3D Printed and Colored!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Printingtherevolution, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Printingtherevolution

Printingtherevolution Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2016
    Hey guys,
    I have just finished a new project on my 3D printer. I have printed a great wearable model of the new "First Order" Stormtrooper helmet in various pieces. I then glued it together with some fast glue and also stitched the pieces together on the inside using a soldering iron. Some epoxy, automotive putty and sandpaper was used to smoothen everything. It was then colored with some primer, high gloss white and a high gloss transparent layer.

The original model is by Geoff. Amazing work. You can find it here:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1094858

Here is the link to the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8nw_kMmkg

Best Regards,
    Alex

2. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    The only actual project I ever finished my Simple Maker's Edition printer was a Hello Kitty figurine for my niece. I wish my printer was bigger, otherwise I'd print yours!

(It's a Maker's Edition, so one has to build it. Mine is approximately the size [and shape:p] of a sewing machine.)

3. Printingtherevolution

Mar 7, 2016
    This helmet was actually split in nicely sized individual pieces so that you can even print it on 3D printers with a smaller printing space.
    Maybe you can check if it could fit. The actual quality of the print is also not super important since you will be using quite a lot of putty and sand it anyway :)

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  4. Printingtherevolution

Mar 7, 2016
    Hey guys,

after doing the normal stormtrooper helmet, of course, I also had to do the amazing chrome helmet from Captain Phasma.

You may find the video of the build process about it right here:

Hope you enjoy it and feel free to share it with others :)

Best regards