main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wearing your Celebration 1 pass at Celebration 2?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand Moff Joker, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Here's an interesting question: Who is planning on wearing your red Darth Maul 3-day pass from the Denver Celebration in addition to your Hayden 3-day pass in Indianapolis?

I'm still toying with the idea. To me, the Denver pass is kind of a badge of honor. It says "Holy crap, you survived three days of unbearable cold, torrential rain, and lines from Denver to Tatooine!" and shows that you're a Celebration vet.

What do you guys think? Anybody else want to do this?

2. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm down with that!

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I was planning on using my Celebration I lanyard anyway...so I suppose I could just leave the Maul pass on it.....hmmmmmm....

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I have the C1 Lanyard and pass, but I was not at C1. I bought the whole set from the fan club. :D

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
  6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If I had gone and had one, I might wear it, but then again, with my IK name tag, my starwarscards.net lanyard, and my C2 one, I'm going to be looking like Mr. T, but without the neck muscles to support the weight. But I think it would be cool for you guys to wear them, but I pity da fool who goes on and on about the Denver rain, 'specially if they're in line next to me...fool.. ;)

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm in, I'll wear mine there.

8. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I may do that though I don't have the Maul 3 Day pass. I have the Obi-Wan(Friday), Qui-Gon (Saturday)and Anakin (Sunday). I suppose I could wear one for the coresponding day. Has there been any other talk about a Fan Force ID? I thought I'd heard talk about one you could download & laminate. Am I just imagining things?

9. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Yeah, I think the Indy Knights and FanForce reps are still looking into having some kind of downloadable/printable thing that you can add your TF.N/FF name to and wear as a name badge. That's something I'd definitely like to see happen.

10. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    That'd be pretty cool. If I had the talent and know how for such things, I'd volunteer to do it. A downloadable badge would cool to help identify FF members. It'd be a lot easier than asking everyone I see if they're on the boards.

11. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I think I'll be bringing my passes from Denver. I've got the Friday and Saturday passes.

12. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I'm bringing mine! The bad thing about the passes is that they are plastic and if you're not careful they rip where they're attached by the lanyard. I guess we got a little rowdy in the lines last time and mine has war wounds from C1. It has a little tape on it but I'm going to wear it anyway. Just FYI for everyone at C2 that if you're not careful they are easily torn.

13. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Mine will remain safely at home as a part of my collection. Don't want to ruin that puppy, lord knows we all earned that one!

14. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm taking mine. I was careful with it last time and I'll do the same. I think it will be cool to see others with theres. We arnt playing football with them. Plus we are inside this time, so you wont have to worry about it getting ruined by rain.

15. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    If I was going (ya lucky bums) I could wear my staff volunteer badge. I spent 8 hours in the rain among other things making those badges for you guys. For free.

16. Morgan Solo

Morgan Solo Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 20, 2000
    I'll leave my pass at home. Perhaps I'll wear my Celebration 1 shirt or my Pod Racer jacket.

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    WERE WEARING OURS !

18. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Wow, I had forgotten all about this thread!

Now, I'm not sure if I'll wear my C1 pass or not. Between my C2 pass and FF badge, I'll already have enough hanging around my neck.

19. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Heh heh... I didn't go to C1, couldn't make it. (Shush, I was in HS and my parents wouldn't let me.)

However, I'm considering wearing my StarTours one!

~Caleigh

20. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    What a good idea! It shows people that we're dedicated fans and haven't missed a Celebration yet!

I've got two Denver passes (I bought one for a friend who only went one day and thought it was dumb - dumb friend), so I can wear one and keep one for my collection.

As for FanForce ID's, there's a string here somewhere with links to a Website that has some very nice lookiing ID badges to download and put your name on. Made by Mr. Skinnee, I believe.

Ten days. Ten long days.

21. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Okay, everyone can stop looking--I finally found my three day pass from C1! When my daughter left for Ucla in the fall of 1999, I gave her the display cabinet in which I had all of my Star Wars items. I put them neatly in a box which ended up on the top shelf in my closet. Whew! I will certainly wear it with my C2 three day pass--that is such a good idea.

22. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    The rain in Denver didn't bothered me, it was the huge puddle of water on the ground that I didn't like. ;) I'll bring my three-day pass if I remember where I last put it. :D

23. SWN3RD

SWN3RD Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I'm down. I just hope only people that acutally attended wear one.

C1 was such a good time regardless of the rain and huge lines.

One of my fondest memories is waiting hours to get into the Celebration Store to find that the shirt I wanted was only available for the volunteers! They were black and redI was sooo bummed. Oh well.

I'll add my C1 three day pass to my packing list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.