main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weather

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by HandmaidenVeme, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Living in Florida the weather's pretty much the same ( with the occassional Hurricane) all year through. What's the weather like in Indy for April?

2. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    In lieu of a native giving us info, Yahoo weather has the following:

Average high temp: 63.0° F
    Average low temp: 41.0° F
    Average precipitation in month of April: 3.61 in
    Record high temp: 89.0° (04/30/1970)
    Record low temp: 18.0° F (04/09/1997)

If it's 60 and 40, that will be very comfortable weather for Jedi costume!

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Last time in may it was lows in the 50's highs in the high-to low 70's.
    Lets just hope it doesn't snow, It HAS been know on more then one occasion to snow in Indy in late April & I am not kidding.

4. Isabella

Isabella Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    With the weather this year around here being on the wonky side, expect that it's possible it could be cooler than normal. I wouldn't say to expect snow, but it's possible we could get light frost. Our snow didn't set in till late this year, and sometimes it sticks around. I'd highly suggest bringing some stuff to dress in layers, but a heavy coat isn't nessessary. So hoodie sweatshirt, etc, would be good.

I wore a light coat while outside, and ditched it when we got inside. And it was pretty chilly on Friday morning last go around.

Isabella

5. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Thank you everyone for your replies. See you at CIII!!!

6. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    It's impossible to tell the weather for Late April this early out. In fact it really is impossible to forecast the weather for any location outside of tropical locations more than two or at best 3 weeks out. (3 weeks if it's a strong pattern) and even then two/three weeks is going to only give you a pattern change not an exact forecast. Warmer, drier, colder, wetter etc.

Lots of places on the net will try and give you a computer model forecast for a location way out like that. I am telling you as someone who's been a professional Meteorologist for 9 years now that they are full of crap.

The week before will be the best time to gauge the weather. Plenty of time to adjust your packing if need be.

Also beware of using a locations Normal temperature as a guide. That is unless it's the tropics where there is little change in the weather from week to week but then last time I checked Indy wasn't in the tropics. :p

The Normal Temperature is just the Average Temperature for that day.. not the temperature it usually is. Which means that it is warmer than that temperature as often as it is colder..

so lets say a place has a normal Temperature of 70 degrees. Nice huh? But in reality that could mean that half the time it's 90 degrees and the other half of the time it's 50 degrees. I don't know about you folks but I'd pack a bit different for 90 degree weather than I would for 50.

In many cases It's better to look at the Records for a gauge than it is the average. Then at least you would know the extremes that are possible. But in this case that means it can be anywhere from 18 to 90 so that doesn't help.

Anyway I can keep an eye on the weather as its coming up but I refuse to do any forecasting until at least the first week of April. :)

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    FYI

Its 2 days untill March and the Temp's are the low 40's. Thats really not bad at all. So Im thinking another 50 days or so it will be steedly in the low 50's to mid 50's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.