main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by xffilms, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xffilms

xffilms Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    Hello! Im trying to find a good place to host my website which will have like 5 2-minute movie clips. Does anyone know which web host would be the best for this? I'm really tight on cash so i'm looking for the cheapest i can get.

thanks for your time!

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It depends on how many clips you plan on putting up, how large the clips are, and how many times you expect them to be downloaded.

3. xffilms

xffilms Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    Well, they wont be downloaded more than 200 times a month im guessing. And im not sure of the size.. 2 minute mpeg videos and a small resolution.. not sure how it turns out exactly but we arent talkin anything huge.

thanks for replying

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Hmm, let's say 5 videos, 2 MB each, each downloaded 200 times in a month. That's around 2 GB of bandwidth needed per month, and only about 10 MB of space needed to host the files (obviously more will be needed for the HTML and images, but it shouldn't be nearly as much).

I'm pretty sure most hosts have at least 2 GB of bandwidth, and most have at least 50-100 MB of space.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  6. xffilms

xffilms Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.