main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

web page updates and requests

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by teneniel_djo, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    looks like it'd have to be rmff.net or .org. (i'm all for .net).

I don't wanna sound cheap, but pretty much ALL my funds are wrapped up in my costume at the moment (and that's with a VERY tight budget). Could we maybe wait about a month before making the finals on this one?

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Let me get this straight...a domain is ~$21/year, but a hosted site is ~$160/year???
    Either way we go, only paying members should have final say over what goes on the site....anyone else can suggest changes. That would seem fair to me!

3. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Questions for teneniel_djo:

What is the existing disk storage limit of the site?

How much are we using for what is there now?

What would be your estimate for storage needs for the first year, assume we have many pictures, which seems to be what people want to showcase on there.

The answers to these questions will all be useful in helping us decide where to go with the site.

Thanks, and you are doing a incredible job!!!!

4. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    well, the domain, nathair.com, is mine and i use it for my personal projects....and there are several on there right now. currently, the fan force site isn't taking up much space, but at the rate we're wanting to add pictures, i can see that space (and bandwidth usage, which occurs everytime someone visits the site) could definitely be a problem in the near future.

now we could, conceivably, go with the smaller plan at veoweb, which is $6.00/month. the problem is that we would only get 15mb....which is very small. i'm not sure, with all of the pictures you guys are wanting to put on there, that we should go that small....but we could try it at first, and then, at a later date, if we feel that we need more space, we could upgrade.

veoweb also has specials....this month it's 225mb for $12.00/month.....which isn't bad.

i know it sounds expensive, but they are actually one of the cheaper ones with all of the services they provide such as cgi and mysql, which we may find useful in the future.

that, and i think it would be a good idea to have our own domain. i'm not sure how much longer i'm going to own the nathair domain (my registration expires this summer), and i may be moving to new york in the upcoming year, thus i wouldn't really be a part of the group anymore.

5. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    ok I'm lost . you guys decied and let me know and I will see what I can come up with for cash.

6. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i'm switching hosts for my domain from veoweb to imhosted over the next few days so the site may be down for a bit.

just a heads up.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Thanks for the advance notice, i've been through changing hosts! We won't hold you accountable for any problems. :) Make sure you have a good local backup of your files. Good luck!

8. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i've actually done it twice before. :) shouldn't be too bad.

9. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    HEY!!!! It's been a couple of days!!!! Thanks again fer doin' us right with the site, Djo!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.