Web Planning Post

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Jedi_BMack, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Exactly, I was thinking of incorporating something like the Detroit boards have. I like what they've done with their boards, and want to use some of those ideas.
  2. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Something like that shouldn't be a problem. The only problem is what threads we link them to. I don't think they are in order yet.

I've dropped a few messages to Zod regarding some of those possible boards and this idea is the reason I've asked about rosters and policy and that stuff. I saw a link bar like that coming in the near future.

I'll read up on how to get that stuff in place if i can track it down. I do believe Krash, as CR, will have to do the actual setup though (sound like fun, eh Krash?)

peace, love, save the ewoks...

B is OUT

-b-
  3. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Here is what I was kind of thinking for the forum. Clickie
    And here is an idea for how the website would and match the forum. Clickie I was thinking we could use a frame that would keep everything in place and all the content would be in the "window" where it says "welcome..."
    Yes I know I cut off the top of the banner...oops. But you get the idea. I really like B-Mack's banner and stuff. Comments?
  4. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Aside from the chopping of the banner, I like the forum page. I still want to design a real slick website for the main page. You can see my comments somewhere around here. But this could work in order to get content up while Anrev and I make something really slick.

Also, just for Anrev:
    First, check the second forum theme link at the beginning of this thread and pull down the revamped images. Second, I despise frames. They are a waste of code. They just do not display proerly on as many machines as possible. But we could get the same effect as frames using includes. Those things work wonders. If you've never used them, PM me, I'll explain.

-b-
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I like the forum page ALOT! Only comment, can we shift the lettering from a pink-ish color to something more white?

For those who didn't read my comment on Anrev's movie thread...I was in a car accident Friday and my transportation and money options are thin (to say the least) But we still need to get this "web-team" together in person and start brainstorming.

Anrev is busy the next 2 weekends, with the film. So why don't we start thinking about the weekend of September 28-29th. I'll know more about my situation, and it gives everyone time to make arrangements.
  6. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll smack the colors in the banner around when I get home tonight...

EDIT: Colors have been proper smacked.
    Clickie Before
    Clickie After

EDIT #2: Now that I've looked at both one after the other, I'm gonna go for some more edge definition on the Clickie After. Maybe another effect entirely, not sure yet...

-b-
  7. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
  8. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Personally, I like the "clickie before" because our name is clearly visible, the "clickie after" is just a bit too fuzzy. You said you're playing with that one, keep trying...you've impressed me so far. Do you think BOTH are cluttering up behind the picture of the jedi council? How did it look with the original style?

We need to get together soon, and talk about some this among other stuff (t-shirts, AOTC DVD). So I'll start a thread about a web team/general meeting for the weekend of 9/28-29th. Keep discussing the website here...and which day is better for you on that thread.
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Anrev, BMack...can you bring samples of stuff you've been working on (for the website) to the meeting Sunday? I'd like to get this "web-team" rolling as soon as we get the website purchased.
  10. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    poopies! i've been doing server side stuff! i hope anrev has some feasible designs. I can maybe get two done by Sunday just with greek text.

Not enough time in the day :mad:

-b-
  11. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
  12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I don't care if they're just drawings on a piece of paper (concept sketches) but something we all can look at in-person would be helpful.

EDIT: Before I take it for granted...THANK YOU BOTH for your hard work on this! (and we haven't even started anything)
  13. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Your welcome. Did you get my PM?
  14. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ok, sweet, but i'm still gonna try and get some printouts done. easier to see what i have in mind.

Oh, and Krash, don't thank us now, you ain't seen nothin yet. ;)

-b-
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Anrev, in regards to your ?...yes I got the message. Sounds good, save it for Sunday.

See ya'll there!
  16. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Anrev or BMack, what EXACTLY are you titles going to be? I need to inform BobaFemm about updating your sreenname, to include fanforce titles. Right now, I have both of you as simply:

(your name here)
    Fanforce Webmaster
    Cleveland OH USA

She may need to alter it slightly, to fit the available number of spaces, but something like that.
  17. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OH! ummm. Hadnt even thought of that. It probably couldnt be "FanForce Webmaster" Because we arnt Fan Force's Webmasters. Maybe "Clev. FF Webmaster" or "JKOC Webmaster" I like the latter. But whatever is GREAT. Thanks!
  18. Padawan92 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was wondering does someone have the pictures from C2.5. i didn't get them all before and it wasn't working with me to get them now.
  19. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Emily, I've got all the originals from the video transfer, plus some new ones. Ask me about it tonight!
  20. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    <Anrev or BMack>
    JKOC Webmaster
    cleve... yadda yadda

That work for you anrev?

-b-
  21. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Guys, what terms did you use (at the meeting) to describe what you'll be doing? I used "webmaster" as a generic all-covering term. Is there a specific title that each of you will have? I can then update them to Bobafemme, and get you two underway.
  22. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    uh, lemme get back to ya...

-b-
  23. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thats good for me bud.

I dont remember the "term" we used..........
  24. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thats good for me bud.

I dont remember the "term" we used....
  25. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thats good for me bud.

I dont remember the "term" we used..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.