main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Web Site Discussion/Suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Kadue, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    This thread acts as a companion to the Personal SW Website Index where you can discuss the sites listed by other forum members.

Please be nice to each other, and remember that good criticism is constructive criticism. You are not allowed to attack another person or their site just because you don't like it.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    xie I really like your website. It's layout is easy to follow and your icons are very cool :)

YodaJeff your site has a lot of content, which is always a plus. It also looks pretty good graphically. Very, very, Yoda-rific ;)

ami-padme wow, you have lots of content. Great art, fics, essays are a nice touch. The only thing I could see improved is maybe a little bit of a tweaked layout but the one you have now is fine.

darth_wenly your icon site is awesome! Nice layout, nice icons, and LOTS of them. I like it a lot.

Your R5-D4 site is pretty good, but the graphics are a little scratchy... I can see great dedication to the cause, though ;)

The BYS web site is nice. Easy to navigate, clean cut looking.

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Awesome sites everyone!

4. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    My site, well, much of it is old and outdated. It's just something I like to do in my spare time. I'm open to any suggestions and/or criticisms. :)

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    hello,

i'm new to this forum :D just added links to my four websites. suggestions/criticism are welcome :D

6. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I'd be happy to hear some feedback about my site (www.swuniverse.net). We're always looking for new members, so if you can think of a way we can get more, let me know. ;)

7. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Okay, here goes:

First of all, get rid of frames. They suck. Though it takes more time, you can get a better effect by using tables, and it's more cross-platform (and doesn't have as many problems).

That being said, PEZman4, I liked your design. I also liked your use of JS and CSS on pages like your characters part.

AERYN_SUN, looks good, though some of the text is hard to read because of your background colors.

JediStryker, you like frames. Other than that, nice use of them. Easy-to-read and straightforward.

8. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    I need feedback for my site, and MORE VISITORS! ;) :D

Oh, and I haven't checked the sites in the list yet - I've only just found this board - but I will soon!

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    please some one help me. tell me what to do to fix this pathetic excuse of a site!
    1st line of sig

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    dark, i've changed all my sites since i last posted. things should be easier to read now.

~aeryn

11. starwarschile

starwarschile Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2002
    Ok. master and sorry for my litle error now
    this is us web site please visit and say is very important for us in chile thank's
    http://www.starwarschile.cl (this official)
    http://www.geocities.com/chileanbase
    (this is custome hand made only).
    http://www.geocities.com/wampachile
    (this is my personal site jejejeje)
    QUE LA FUERZA ESTE CON USTEDES SIEMPRE....

12. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    My own forums are Fleetwood Mac forums, and if you want the site for those, (which you probably dont) you can click on my profile. But this site, I'm posting for a friend. It's very new, and really needs some members to the discussion boards.

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=427361

13. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i used to have a site. it wasn't realy well known but it was on bantahtracks for awhile, you may have run across it: vadersacanuckeh.
    anyway i moved the stuff to my "good site". frames are good in small amounts. only use them if you have too. i'm a table master :)
    i love tables.

14. starwarschile

Oct 10, 2002
    Hey no star wars this not funny
    NO ME GUSTO ADEMAS QUE TE MOFAS DE ALGO MUY SERIO.
    QLFECS....

15. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm interested in hearing suggestions for my site. :) (link's in the sig...)

16. starwarschile

Oct 10, 2002
    super bonito tu site very nice pero le colocaria las fotos en otra resolucion en pixeles para que no se deformenestas.
    visita mis galerias y veras de que te hablo.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I switched hosts on my site and forum and changed the look. Feedback. anyone?

18. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Hey, JediStryker, I like your site. It very clean and bloggish (I'm pretty sure you wanted it to look that way :) ). Personally I don't have anything against frames and don't see why people bash them. A lot of good sites use frames. Take a look at this site f.e. http://www.xs-engineering.com
    The only gripes I have with your site, Stryker, is your header image. It doesn't seem to fit the color scheme of the site at all and seems kind of empty (too much white). Other than that nice. :)

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I just finished giving my clique/fansite, Tainted Love, a whole new layout. It's a Jacen/Tahiri 'shipper site. Comments are more than welcome :D

~aeryn

20. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    http://www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu

feedback please.

21. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey, JediStryker, I like your site. It very clean and bloggish (I'm pretty sure you wanted it to look that way ). Personally I don't have anything against frames and don't see why people bash them. A lot of good sites use frames. Take a look at this site f.e. http://www.xs-engineering.com
    The only gripes I have with your site, Stryker, is your header image. It doesn't seem to fit the color scheme of the site at all and seems kind of empty (too much white). Other than that nice.

Thanks, Lobot. I liked the frames, too; I thought it made browsing the site a lot easier.

Of course, now that I am reading your feedback, the site has completely been rebuilt using PHP-Nuke, so it looks a lot different. I really like the change, and the fact that the RPG Board is integrated into the main site instead of being an external link is much appreciated.

Thank you for your great feeback, though. :)

22. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    I just now got around to looking at that site you linked, Lobot-Omy, and I realize what you're saying about my header image.

The site that you linked (and my redesigned site) is actually using tables, not frames. If you want to see a site that's using frames, check out Nav-Computer.Com, which is sort of what my site used to look like.

I still don't really see a problem with frames; they usually load fairly quickly and make navigation easier. They are also easy to set up, so it saves the time of setting up tables. As long as the webmaster is considerate, they can set the links to open in new windows (and not the main frame) and if the frame sizes are set correctly, you don't have to scroll around to see the whole page in the frames.

Anyway, I have tried to work on a new header image for my site, but unfortunately I really am just not very good with graphics. I have Paint Shop Pro, but I just really don't know how to use it, and don't really have the time to learn right now. I thought the header image now was simply but nice-looking... :-\ If anyone wants to make a better one and send it to me, I'm waiting. ;)

EDIT: That link is showing up wrong in the post; if you can't use it, cut-and-paste: http://www.swuniverse.net

:)

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    could i get a few people to check out my new board? i've only got ie 6.0 installed and i'd like to know if it looks good in the other browsers. heh, you might even like the place..... [face_mischief]

the outpost

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
  25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i recently gave my fifth website a whole new layout.

Fated to Be

comments/suggestions to improve.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.