main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Website Contributions

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    JediBith has graciously arranged for the website for our group. Hopefully, in the next few weeks we will get a basic design started.

The cost annually, (which she already paid for) is $100.00. I will request at our next formal meeting, in December, each active member give 10.00 to Liz. Those who do, will have some sort of special privledge or function on the site. I am not sure specifically what, but perhaps a specail title, or the ability to post more photos, something of the sort.

Any money over the 100.00 mark will go to the following years expense. For those who like to cooperate and be helpful, they can give Liz $ at Doo Dah parade, (or give it to me), or perhaps we can Paypal her if she has the ability.

For those who can't give the 10.00, you will still have access to the site, but it will be most appreciated. This is a once a year expense, and seems reasonable.

thank you.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Excellent! Thanks JediBith! I will gladly donate $10/year for the website. I plan to participate in Doo Dah Parade, so I can pay then.
    Paypal is also easy, but sometimes they charge a fee.. I'm not sure when.

3. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm down for 10 bucks...Yehey JediBith !!!!I shold have given you the money when we were at the Gym, Marshall...let me know when you'll be there again - that is if you aren't scared of the cleptomanic that frequents both of them...

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    It's really cool to hear we will be having a website! I can contribute the next time I see you guys.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Count me in.

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    The website lives! O.K., there's NOTHING there yet but a placeholder "home" page...but content will be up as fast as I can design it. I'll be starting this weekend with some LAFF photos. I have some, JediRacer sent some, I'll copy what I can from our Yahoo area...but send me photos from our gatherings and I'll try to get 'em up! PM me for my email addy.

our address is www.lafanforce.com

Cheers,
    Your WebJedi,
    JediBith

7. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    I'm in for the $10. Thanks Jedibith for the hard work.

8. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    You got my support. Can we be a little more open about the content on our sight? I don't want people to loose sleep if we mention Parties with Jawa Juice and Blue Milk if you know what I mean.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I just went to the link and so far I am impressed (of course anyone who can design a website amazes me). I am eagerly awaiting the next addition.

10. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey guys -
    well, i know i don't attend many meetings but i would like to contribute my $10 as well to help the group....
    Maybe i can give my "credits" to jediracer and he can take it from there....
    Thanks Jedibith for your hard work and effort in getting the website!!!
    Hope you all are doing great!
    BTW what's this blue milk and jawa juice i keep reading about??? ;) Am i missing something?

11. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Yes you are...ALOT.

JediBith, It's great to have a new website!!!If you need some design help, let me know. I'll be sending you some pics that you can use for the background and stuff...

KARL

12. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Liz,

I hope your Yahoo! e-mail is fairly empty, because I sent you a tons of JPEGS as well.

I think it would be fund for 3-5 of us to get together one Saturday/Sunday, sip some Blue Milk and create the sight, content-wise.

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Jedibith, cool banner!!! Can't wait to se the rest of your creativity!!! I can bring the $10 to Doo-Dah, or get it to you any other way you wish.

14. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Hi all! I've been getting lots of photos and stuff together for the site -- thanks everyone!

I'll be keeping track of contributors, along with Darth Bubba, and we'll figure out a way to honor all the "web founders/contributors." I can accept PayPal if needed...PM me for instructions. If you need to send a check PM me for the address. I hope to be at Doo-Dah, but I'm not sure yet. But I should be at the next regular meeting, so anyone who wants to can contribute then. And as DB said, if we go over the amount I paid, we'll put it aside for next year's renewal fees.

DB and I will schedule a meeting soon to go over all things web-site related, but as far as content goes, I believe that we will be able to have MUCH more freedom than is possible on the forcenet boards. I'm checking into the legal side of all that, but as long as I'm webjedi ;) there will be a negligible amount of control/censorship. I'm aiming in the design to create a very democratic site -- for the LAFF and by the LAFF.

I'm currently configuring our forum over there, and will let you know when that is available for posting.

Cheers!
    JediBith

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wonderful, JediBith! This is so great, and much appreciated. I'll kick in my $10, of course.

Helen

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JediBith, you are definitely the best. This is really turning out to be a great venture.

17. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I'll be getting my $10 to you.

Regarding graphics, I don't have direct access to a good digi cam to get the source images for the graphic that Bernie designed.

As far as the Hollywood sign on fire, that'll be cake.

18. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I have a good Digital Camera, as does our Scribe/ Photographer.

There is a chance, William (from 501st) May be Vader at the Dooh Dah Parade. I can take some photos of his legs/ cape.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have recently purchased a pretty good digital cameral also. I will try to remember to bring it with me to events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.